Search Unity

[Up to 60% OFF] uShader 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DoloroEntertainment, Jun 5, 2016.

1. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi there,

Does you have any problem on Unity 5.5?
    I already created the support ticket for hot check to this issue, but if you have any problem, we will be very pleasure to get more detail.
    Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

2. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

I got the answer from dev team that uShader was fully tested on the Unity 5.5.1 and works stable.
    If you found any bug please contact to support@tauriinteractive.com and dev team will fix it. Thank you for cooperation!

Kind regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

3. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi, first congratz on the product, it looks really amazing and should get some more exposure - especially with the free version being as competent as it is. So, I've got two questions I'd like answered before making a purchase decision:

1. Using uShader, can I build a PBR material which looks just like the Unity Standard shader (and supports light probes) *but* allows for a mask defining areas to get additional fresnel / backlight? The intention is being able to have a mask defining skin regions to receive extra fresnel as a SSS lookalike.

2. Can I have vertex colors drive the tessellation displacement in the same way I can use a normal map for?

Those are two examples where I didn't have much success using competitor products. Oh, one last question I just remembered, is there any shader optimization option or recommendations for mobile platforms' shaders?

4. MP-ul

MP-ul

Is it Good for making mobile shaders? xD i am looking for something to make mobile shaders that are fast and Looking good too.

5. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi,

uShader fully support the Specular and Metallic Workflow (Unity's PBR). In licansies with support of custom light models you also able to create your own LM based on built-in Unity's Global Illumination.

uShader include the bundle of ready to use shaders, but this this not the shader that allow to use the predefined features. This is the IDE (creator; editor) that allow to you create your own shaders without deep knowlage of CG or GLSL.
    uShader not have the prelocked limitation. It allow you to get the maximum that support the Unity Engine. So no one can't prevent you use any other calculation in case if your target devices will support final shader.

As exemple, unising of tessellation require the Shader Model 5.0. This mean that only the platforms with support of this SM can run the shader. In this list included Windows and OSx.

So with uShader you can create evrething what you want if this will work on your target devices.
    PC, Mac, iOS, Android, other. The result depend only from you.

uShader will help you.
    It always know which the target shader model of your current shader and this will allow you to know does the shader is suitable for your task.

About the vertex color with tessellation.
    You able to get the vertex color in any algorithm.
    I attached the screenshot.

Kind regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

Attached Files:

• 0.png
      0.png
      File size:
      73.6 KB
      Views:
  6. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

uShader this is the IDE that able to create any shaders for Unity.
    The result depend only from your algorithm and enabled technologies.

All created shader that will have the result Shader Model equal 3.0 will work stable on iOS and Android.

But as I hope you understand that mobile devices not support all technologies.
    As the simple exemple is tessellation. It will require the Shader Model 5.0 but any mobile devices not support it.

During the work with uShader you always will see the current target Shader Model. That allow you to determinate does the shader will work on you target devices.

uShader not set the limitation for your work. Limitation can only be caused by hardware.

Kind reagrds,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

7. mlhornbo

mlhornbo

Is there a quick way to add detail maps with Ushader (in addition to the other elements)? I have looked over your tutorials and have not seen a convenient way to do this, but maybe I'm just missing something.

EDIT - I tried opening the script in a text editor and removing "[NoScaleOffset]" from the relevant texture lines but that causes the shader to become totally invisible. It doesn't fix the problem.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  8. franky_li

franky_li

Hi, just bought this asset and have one question, I'd like to blend one texture with another which can be done with the blend node, but how can I make the blend percent value adjustable.

EDIT: Ok, I found a way to blend, but how can I use a mask for the second texture?

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  9. Nessito

Nessito

Can I get texcoords in float4 format instead of float2?
    This is "a must" with the new vertex streams/custom data flow of the particle systems....
    What is the most suitable workflow for particle systems in uSE?

10. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hello,

For blending you can use the two ways:
    1) Lerp node. This case will blend two inputs by percent.
    2) Blend node. This is a powerful node then give you access to big list of common algorithm for blending.

What to you mean when you told about mask?
    As the basic way I can offer you to use the lerp of your main texture with second texture by your mask's texture.
    If you mean something more especial please give me some detail.

Kind regards,
    Mark

11. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

At the moment this not possible, but I already sent the request for dev team.

Kind regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

12. vincewins

vincewins

Some parts of the used API were obsolete, but Unity seems to manage to fix them if you let it.
    EDIT: Great tool by the way!

13. Ooi

Ooi

I played around with the free version for around 5 minutes and decide to buy the PRO version. uShader is amazing!. With multi-pass and true custom light model, I can finally make NPR shaders.

The beautiful complete documentation and pop-up tutorial on startup are my favourite parts. I almost spend hundreds on other editor but the incomplete documentation and lack of NPR support steer me away.

DoloroEntertainment likes this.
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

15. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Sure no! Our company love this product. And we also use it in our own game development.
    So we still has a plans to update. And I think we will use uShader in our developments a lot time in future so it will getting new features.

But if you interested to know, the development become slowly for the few reasones:
    1) At the moment Asset Store cooperate with Amplify, and now we don't got any marketing event's like "Featured Assets", sales, recomendation, etc.
    Shader forge has a hundreds commentaries and rates.
    So our product just ignored for most.

We don't worry about it, this just a buisnes, but at the moment this product not profitable around year, and still alive only becase Asset Store this is a hobby of our development department and our investment to world indie gamedev industry.

2) uShader has a hundreds purchases during las two year, but any one not put the rating to it, and any one not share commentaries. Except the peoples who set the one star and report about some bug, instead contacting support team.
    So uShader using around 2500 developers and companies, but any one can't hear they expirience and sure avoiding the uShader.

This two point is a very big problem for uShader. And our team will be happy, if even 1 from 100 of uShader's customer will talk to comunity of Asset Store about his opinion and experience of use.

Thanks to all for choosing us!
    Kind regards,
    uShader development team.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Deleted User likes this.
  16. nikolakovac

nikolakovac

Hi uShader development team,
    I find your product uShader very tempting. Tried free version for a bit and it seems to do the job with no fuss. However, I am reluctant to buy PRO version for one simple reason, that I think if solved would give you much better sales, and help you to stand up with more popular shader editors.
    Excuse the term but you are doing a pretty lousy job at basic marketing. And I am sayng this with the best of intentions possible.
    There is NO product comparison whatsoever between free, lite and pro versions of uShader on asset store, or your website. Why should I buy your PRO version? what does it do better than LITE version, or what is LITE version doing better than FREE version? I have no way of knowing, even more so, in this cynical age I might presume you are maybe hiding something (which I doubt).
    Don't blame your low sales on others, try presenting your product better. Nothing fancy, just basic meaningfull info.
    For instance your youtube videos on Asset store page do not show the actual workflow or the look of the plugin itself.. That is very wrong from the marketing standpoint. at least show a still image of the nodetree that results in examples you show.
    Small details like colored coded node plug points are a comparative advantage your product has compared to let's say Shader Forge. use these to your advantage.
    Showing these information, costs you far less than any update or additional development but could repay far better.
    I need a solid shader editor, yours looks promising but I will not pay you money, until you at least make version comparison table on your website and Asset store page. And why not making similar comparison table with Shader Forge and Amplify to prove what you are better at.
    Please do not get this message as flame, trolling or something similar, it is a genuine good willed advice, and user feedback that you say you listen to in your development.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  17. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hello,

Product compression described as link in Asset Store on second line as "License comparison" and available on site, by https://www.tauriinteractive.com/ushader-buy.
    If by some reasone this not useful for you we will be happy to discuss and create this pages more usable.

Regarding the videos we think you are right and them are really inexcusably outdated!
    Some of them has an 2 years old not usable and very ugly GUI. This is really bad for marketing.
    The team will talk about this issue.

Many thanks for your feedback!

Kind regards,
    uShader development team.

coverpage likes this.
  18. nikolakovac

nikolakovac

Hi uShader dev team,
    Thanks for quick reply. I must admit that missing the product comparison link in the asset store site was my failure. And indeed there is product comparison on your website. The comparison table shows wildly different prices than those on asset store ($29 for lite and $59 for PRO).
    I will probably buy your product (will take some time to test it)
    As said earlier, here are some good willed advices if I might:
    1. Try updating the videos and images on both your website and asset store to show more of the actual plugin, to give your customers a better idea of what your product really is.
    2. Try updating the description of the each version of your plugin (free, lite, and pro) in asset store with a corresponding truthfull and accurate description, now it is a simple copy paste thing, where you falsely or misleadingly advertise that lite and free versions can do things that only pro version can
    ("USING uShader YOU CAN CREATE:
    • Multiple-pass shaders
    • Terrain shaders...")
    3. you should really add "Licence comparison" link in the "LICENCE" paragraph of your product description in asset store too, as it is there that most people would expect it too.
    4. In free version description add some call to action like: "Do more with LITE and PRO versions" and put links to lite and pro versions in that call to action. also in lite version add call to action to get pro version to achieve more.
    5. on your website, add either the comparison table or a clear link to "compare products" in feature list upfront, now it is unintuitively positioned in the "buy" menu, but many people (like me) will not press "buy" until they know the differences. (since you have a free version I would never try to find it under the "buy" button too)
    6. update the prices of your product on your website, as they confuse possible customers, and possibly scare them off as they find out upon pressing "licence comparison" in asset store that products "cost more" even if it probably is not the case, most of people prefer having clear and transparent pricing. errors like this are fatal to sales.

These are of the top of my head, probably more could be done.

Cheers!

ps I wouldn't fight back if you would say "thank you" for my advices by sending me your fine product :-D (I have to try, sorry :)

19. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi,

Awesome discusing!
    Some of your points surprised us, as example describtions and incorrect prices. Don't know how we lose it.
    You done the good work and of course we ready to gift you the PRO license! We contacted you directly via forum's conversation.
    Will wait for your feedback!

I think we'll try to rebirth the product marketing. And hope this will give the profit that will enough for keep the development of uShader and environment on stable high level.
    If the profits will be enough for salaries for employees, that will full time work only on uShader we are sure that in a couple of months we will be able to give at times more functionality than others for half a year - a year of developments.

Best regards,
    uShader product director,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.,
    Volodymyr Podshyvalov

20. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

uShader 2
    Comming soon!​
    For free to all owners of uShader LITE and PRO.
    Purchase NOW and save your money in future!

More information on realease!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    zyzyx likes this.
  21. nkovac

nkovac

Great news, any more info when is it coming?

22. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

At the moment all of our assets are involved at the development of uShader 2, so I think we talk about something around a month.
    Maybe a little more or less.

Part of the development depends on what response we'll get from Unity regarding the legal possibility of realizing a few of planed features in uShader.

uShader 2 it is not just an update. The major part product developing from start. Many aspects will reingenered based on our three years of experience with Unity's community.

Our goal is to make the choice between uShader 2 and others obvious!

Mark,
    Community manager,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    coverpage likes this.
  23. nkovac

nkovac

can't wait to see it! keep up the good work.

24. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hey all!

Development was delayed on a 1-2 weeks. Sorry!
    We want to release the really awesome product and hope you are ready to give us a time.

Best regards,
    Team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

25. TurchikAG

TurchikAG

Hi I am evaluating the Free version I was wondering how to use the second uv set in a material with the "texcoord" node. I figure it would be something like the attached image.

Attached Files:

26. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi,

In your case now you are able to change the scale and offset values of uv1 and uv2 via material inspector fields of 1 and second textures after building of uShader project.
    Also you able to set the defaults params in UV's sub-tab in Input variables tab.

uShader 2 already waiting for green light from Unity Asset Store team. We included the tutorial for your issue in offline help.
    It we available soon.

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

27. TurchikAG

TurchikAG

Hi
    Thank you for the reply. I see the separate uv tiling and offset values. Do the numbers/names "uv1" "uv2"correspond with uv sets/channels from a 3D object?

The standard shader allows me to apply secondary maps, detail maps. and choose from UV0 and UV1 from the 3d object. How do I do this? I assumed the "uv" setting in the texcoord node referred to the seperate uv sets/channels of the 3d object
    ushader.JPG standardShader.JPG
    Also did you intentionally remove the blend node from the the free version with the 2.0 release? :(

Thank You,

28. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi again,

Q: Do the numbers/names "uv1" "uv2"correspond with uv sets/channels from a 3D object?
    A: UV's sets binded to 3d model and work similarly to the standard.

Q: The standard shader allows me to apply secondary maps, detail maps. and choose from UV0 and UV1 from the 3d object
    A: Datail map on Standard shader it's just additive albedo and normal with diferend texcord.
    Example how to get the similar result included to "Cookbook" in uShader 2 launcher in 6 chapter. Screensots attached below.

Q: Also did you intentionally remove the blend node from the the free version with the 2.0 release?
    A: All blending algorithms you can reproduce within few nodes on every license of uShader.
    Blend node as "ready to use" solution, now available on Indie and PRO versions only.

uShader is a most loyalty IDE for community. Our prices in few times low that you can find on other products. For the continue of the development and increasing of the quality it require the profit.
    You can find the list of completed tasks on our site: version history.

uShader 2 Indie at the moment on the sale and cost ONLY 7$.
    This license contain all main features.
    Full list of features of can find by this link:
    License compare

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Sopport team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.
    1.png 2.png

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  29. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

I also can note that you able to use the same UV1 set as other textures.
    You just need to add the multiplier for texcoord by one of the two ways.

1 way. Fast multiply datail map on 10 and blend with main.
    upload_2017-12-7_11-6-47.png

2 way. Adnvanced multiply of texcoord with adding of offset.
    upload_2017-12-7_11-11-45.png

If you want to use the other chanels like a Normal then just use the alredy modified texcoords.

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

Attached Files:

30. TurchikAG

TurchikAG

UvSets.jpg Hello,
    thanks for the reply again. I understand about making the adjustment nodes part of the paid release. You make a fine product and deserve to get paid.

As far as your response about detail maps in the standard shader being just an additive albedo and normal with different texcoords this is not entirely correct. If UV0 is selected then this is true. But if UV1 is selected then it is displayed on the object's second uv set/channel. This is the property my company would like to access and use either an additive, blend or lerp to combine the layers. I believe Unity can use up to 4 uv sets?

I've attached an image to make this clearer than my last post. Notice in the top images the 2 uv sets in Maya. The first a default layout, the second makes the circles appear within single faces or across a group of faces

With UV1 selected in the bottom right image of the standard shader the circles appear in the specific faces laid out in the second uvset in Maya.

I'm an experienced artist but not an expert at shaders so maybe I've been asking the wrong questions and looking at the wrong nodes so I appreciate your patience. My company is evaluating your tool for purchase and this is a feature we would expect to find.

also I could not find the Cookbook, is it part of the free version?

Thank You,

31. guidoponzini

guidoponzini

Hi, I'm going to buy uShader in these days.

How can I make a shader for cutting pieces of the surface and giving a texture for the section?

I think about mechanical stuff: example, you can with a slider make trasparent half of the external model and the inner surface has a texture (I saw cutting shaders but with horrible single color for the inner part between interior and exterior)

32. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Just a little trailer :)

and short introducing about new editor features:

TurchikAG likes this.
  33. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

I'll talk about your issue with development team and will come back.

Cookbook is a base feature included to all licenses.
    I already created a ticket for test. If it is disabled on Free we will fix it.

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

TurchikAG likes this.
  34. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi

Transparent

If you require the smooth trasparent then you need to enable "Alpha shading" in "Render settings" and send your value to alpha output.
    Something like this.
    upload_2017-12-7_16-14-31.png

If you want to cuttoff the part of surface from bufer at all then you need to enable "Cutoff" field in "Input variables" tab.
    Then select the border for cuttoff. This value will be compared with value of alpha chanel.
    upload_2017-12-7_16-17-34.png
    We has a plan to create the more advanced way to use the second way in the future updates. We want to change it to output that getting the value for every point of surface.

2-sides shading

If you want to use the different shading for inner and outer sides you can offer two ways:

Fist way are using of a "Face sign" node.
    This node return the 1 for Frontface side and -1 for Backface.
    In attached example you can see the primitive shader that will get a red solid on front side and blue on the back side.
    upload_2017-12-7_16-24-16.png

Second way are more optimized and we recommend it to use. It is using of the multiple-pass shader that has a diferrend pipelines for Front and Back sides.
    upload_2017-12-7_16-33-29.png

upload_2017-12-7_16-34-1.png

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

35. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi again,

Can you send me your sample model for a tests?
    (To this thread or to contact@tauriinteractive.com)

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

TurchikAG likes this.
  36. Mark_T

Mark_T

Hi there,

I downloaded yesterday and today the new version from the asset store.
    Imported in Unity 5.6 and to me it looks identical with v.1.16.2
    I just watched the first 5 min. from your introductory tutorial and I was really amazed to see the new Launcher.
    How's that possible? On the asset store is written V.2 everywhere but the .unitypackage I download is the old one. I'm sure about it. I tried with Unity 5.4 today again and the same thing. Please check the attached screenshot.
    Also, there is no text file of any sort inside the .unitypackage where to clearly state the version of the downloaded package, no log or readme file. Nothing. You should put something there. It will be a lot easier for your users.
    Is it possible to get the new version if I send you the invoice? Thanks.
    Watching the new tutorial you really made me curious. :)
    screen01.png

37. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hi,

uShader 2 available on Unity 5.5.5 or highter.
    Please open you download manager and redownload the package by pressing of download button.
    Ignore the Import button before redownload.
    upload_2017-12-7_17-16-42.png
    If this not help please contact Asset Store team by assetstore@unity3d.com. This can be a temporary glitch of Asset Store or your account.

Upgrade from uShader to uShader 2 is for free for every pairs of licences types.
    uShader PRO -> uShader 2 PRO
    uShader LITE -> uShader 2 Indie
    uShader FREE -> uShader 2 Free

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  38. TurchikAG

TurchikAG

I can confirm the cookbook is part of the free release I was looking for it as part of the documentation. I was using the default way of opening and not using the new Launcher so I never saw it. Thank You for working on the uv sets.

39. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hey

Your task completed!
    We will send this update to Unity tomorrow.

If you will satisfied, please don't forget to share your opinion about uShader and our team in Asset Store.
    This will be a good help to us! :)

Thank you for your request.
    Now uShader become better.
    And this is very important to us.

00.PNG

Best regards,
    Development team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

40. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hey all,

Patch v 2.0.1 will available soon!

Features
    - New advanced texcord with supporting of uv Sets, Offset and Multiplication.

Improvements
    - Speed up compilation
    - Increased stability of editor
    - Fixed dark gray object field in editor.
    - Fixed links in launcher
    - Fixed freezing of node after hotkey call.
    - Fixed errors during autosave.
    - Fixed losing of the correct shaders on first compiling
    - Fixed double compiling on first start.

Changes
    - Updated prices and sale data in launcher.
    - Tutorial with custom meshes uv set added to Cookbook.

Best regards,
    Development team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.

41. MP-ul

MP-ul

Hmm question can you do stuff per vertex?

42. DoloroEntertainment

DoloroEntertainment

Hello,
    Vertex shaders available with uShader 2 PRO and Indie.

Best regards,
    Mark,
    Support team,
    Tauri Interactive LLC.