Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Unwanted bone deformation upon using a multi parent constraint on a skeleton made in blender

Discussion in 'Animation' started by coolguy2016, Jul 1, 2020.

1. coolguy2016

coolguy2016

Help Wanted! Unwanted bone deformation upon using a multi parent constraint on a skeleton made in blender
    so I'm following the VR Body tutorial by Valem found here

I import my mesh with a skeleton from blender, then I make a generic avatar and apply my multi parent to my head bone with the source being my Head constraint game object as seen in the video tutorial made by Valem.
    I then press play and watch in horror as my head instantly rises 4 feet above the shoulders of my human mesh/skeleton. I only mentioned what I did different than the tutorial, I managed to successfully implement a working vr rig with robot Kyle.
    Is this a blender issue? I tried creating a humanoid avatar for my fbx human but it just curled up my human and teleported him 60 meters up into the sky on play. That's a side note however as robot Kyle also worked with a generic avatar.
    Another unwanted occurrence is my body rotates when I look above the horizon.
    One last thing is I get a strange blue play button when I select my vr rig.

Attached Files:

• help.png
      help.png
      File size:
      587.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. gigaflops_

gigaflops_

Did you find a fix? I've been attempting to fix this for a couple hours now.

3. coolguy2016

coolguy2016

Sorry no such luck, I asked the youtube section on valems tutorial, the unity/redditgame dev/blender discords, and no one has an answer, I'm glad someone saw my post though

4. vincenzobafaro

vincenzobafaro

Had the same problem, fixed re-scaling the player size to 1x1x1

5. Noogamemaker

Noogamemaker

Hi ! I just had the same problem.
    If anyone is wondering, this is due to blender scale setting in fbx export. By default, the fbx object will have a scale of x100 y100 z100 in Unity, causing major deformation with animation rig.
    I fixed it by doing crtl + a > apply scale on Blender and then selecting FBX Units Scale in the export menu.
    upload_2021-6-5_22-5-37.png

unityunity