Search Unity

Unverified IAP on the Overview page

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by emrys90, Jun 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emrys90

emrys90

Is there a way to change the overview to show unverified revenue instead of verified? I am not using the Unity IAP framework, so all my revenue is unverified.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

If you are not using IAP, there would be no revenue, verified or unverified. Please share a screenshot. You mean you are using another version of IAP, not Unity? We would not be able to verify that revenue, if that is what you are referring to.

3. emrys90

emrys90

I am using the UnityEngine.Analytics.Analytics.Transaction to report IAP made through Steam and PayPal. Because this is not verified, the overview tab always shows $0 in revenue. I have to manually go to the Data Explorer and search for unverified revenue instead. My question is asking if its possible for the Overview tab to show unverified revenue instead of only verified. I don't need to you verify it, I'm just asking if I can easily see it.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Understood. Correct, there would be no way to change the display.

5. emrys90

emrys90

Is there a way I can manually mark a transaction as verified then? Or some other work around to say that payments made through Steam or PayPal are verified?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry I don't follow, please see my previous response. I'm not withholding any information, if that is what you mean. Also and separately, how are you verifying purchases?

7. emrys90

emrys90

When a player makes an IAP through Steam, I use the C# Analytics API to call UnityEngine.Analytics.Analytics.Transaction. From my understanding, your automatic verification of IAP only supports Google/iOS purchases, not Steam. Also, players can make IAP outside of the game through PayPal. Once they return to the game, I then do another Transaction API call to log that we had that purchase. So again, its not Google/iOS and even happens outside of game.

So I can't use your automatic verification system. So how can I mark a transaction as verified outside of your automatic system so that my players purchases through Steam/PayPal will show in the overview tab on the analytics dashboard?

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, I understand your question.

9. emrys90

emrys90

Are you researching the answer then...?

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I have already replied after confirming with engineering.

11. emrys90

emrys90

I don't believe you understand my question then, as I have not received a response that answers it.

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

13. emrys90

emrys90

That does not answer my question of if I can manually mark a transaction as verified, as I cannot use your automated verification system. If not then its unusable for any non-mobile game

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That is correct. It's only hooked into Unity IAP as you might expect.

15. emrys90

emrys90

Uh... It's definitely not as I would expect lol. An analytics platform that is dependent on your own IAP service is not ideal. Not when you don't offer every store out there as an option for verification.

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct, we currently only support the Mac store, the App Store, Amazon and Google Play, driven by market demand. Also please note that unverified metric on the dashboard doesn't actually impact your revenue. I will go ahead and lock this thread now, the issue has been discussed.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.