Search Unity

Unusually low impressions for newly released game...

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by BryceS, Jul 27, 2018.

1. BryceS

BryceS

So I released a game a few days ago and it seems to be getting unusually low impressions considering how many installs it's getting. For example, on one day it had 2,044 new users but only 46 ad impressions.

I'm pretty sure my ad implementation is working properly... And the ads are shown after the tutorial and after each round in the game -- there are voluntary rewarded ads as well. All of this seems to be working fine -- but why the low impressions? Is there a delay in the stat reporting? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. BryceS

BryceS

Some more info: I checked my Google Play dashboard and strangely it's not reporting anywhere near the number of installs/new users that Unity Analytics is...

There is a WebGL version of the game live as well -- is it possible that the WebGL version is reporting each play as a new install or something?

Also -- forgot to mention, I'm using Unity 5.6.6f2.

Edit: I think I figured it out... It was indeed the WebGL version skewing the user count. When I look on my analytics dashboard for DAU, and filter by Android, it shows numbers that make more sense with the number of impressions I'm getting... It's weird to me though because there's no filter for WebGL(and I actually wasn't aware that unity analytics even worked with WebGL). Furthermore, on the "Live Stream" section it lists "New Installs" and shows numbers that seem to include WebGL plays... A little confusing, but I think I understand now!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018