Search Unity

Unusual amount of Unverified IAP Revenue (10,000$ unverified, 10$ verified)

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by _spacepig_, Dec 15, 2019.

1. _spacepig_

_spacepig_

My game gets around 500-1000 downloads per day and has over 10,000$ of unverified IAP revenue and only 10$ verified IAP Revenue total (from the time released till now). This is my first game that I have published and the IAP aren't extremely appealing; however, this does seem quite unusual. I have read some forums that fraud is very common, but for the amount of downloads and unverified revenue I get, it seems I may have screwed up somewhere in my in app purchase implementation.

I would also like to note that some of my friends have bought an In app purchase to test for me and it did work and I did receive verified revenue for that transaction. I would also like to note that 99% of my downloads are from countries far away and are from the google play page. I think that perhaps i may have screwed up with the in app purchases in other countries

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you using receipt validation? https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPValidatingReceipts.html You can sometimes do a Google search for your package name (com.company.product) to find alternate download locations.

3. _spacepig_

_spacepig_

I
    im not really concerned about fraud I’m just wondering if there’s a possibility that my in app purchases don’t work properlu

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You would want to test and see for yourself. Create a test user on Google, and create an Alpha/Beta release and add that user to the testers. On the device, browse to the testing opt-in link, which will allow the tester to download the app from Google Play. Once configured, testers won't be charged to their credit card. Or just test yourself with an actual credit card, even easier. You can post your purchase code here, and I can review.