Search Unity

Assets Unused C# scripts strip. 2019.+. FREE

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by vizgl, Aug 10, 2020.

1. vizgl

vizgl

1 year ago, I stopped working on this plugin, because I was think that IL2CPP automatically strip unused scripts.
    But few weeks ago, I realized that I was wrong. When you using some frameworks(or scripts which is moved from project to project), which have a lot of usefull scripts, but even if at the current project you use only few of them, all the rest will be added to the final build! This plugin will help to strip all of the unused scripts in the project!

I am finally released tool for public and it's free. I don't want earn money and sell it on Asset Store, because it's hard to support many Unity versions and answer for customers questions.

Tested on Unity 2019.*

I am still working on it, but only if I got some issues with my own projects. But, if someone found some bugs, don't afraid post it here. When I will have free time I will fix it.

NOTE: before using this plugin, make sure you are make backup of your project! And read readme file!

GitHub link https://github.com/vizgl/UnusedScriptsExcluder

This package inspects all the C# scripts in your project, build dependencies tree and show for you scripts, which is not used.

By few clicks you can exclude all unused or certain scripts from final build. It work due to hooks pre/post build events

GCatz likes this.