Search Unity

Untitled Space Survival game (WIP)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by robc, Jul 7, 2010.

1. robc

robc

Hi all,

I've been toying with Unity for a little while - and I've been building up a small prototype game concept. It's a bit of a learning project, so there are still a few bugs (AI in particular), and not much of a user interface for now.

The concept is to try hold out as long as you can against the enemy ships (it starts with one ship, and additional ships are spawned in every 30 seconds) without being destroyed.

I've gone uploaded a version for the webplayer here, and I'd love to read any comments/whatnot :)

Attached Files:

2. kosmopol

kosmopol

I like the survival idea (I'm actually bored of all the shooting games).

3. r3po

r3po

I like the ship models and the skybox.

Maybe the radar should be relative to the ship's heading. If the ships are behind you, the radar should show that as well.

Was it my impression of the ship's turning rate is a little slow? Or maybe it was because I was at top speed all the time?

Keep it up!

4. robc

robc

Thanks - I wish I could take credit for the ships/skybox (I'm no artist ;)) - the ships come from this model pack (I had to flip some of the transforms when importing into Unity, but they've worked fine after that).

The skyboxes are from Lemuria's page (and easily worth the money IMHO).

As for ship turning - is that with the boost enabled or not? One of my design decisions for this is I want the craft to feel heavier than the typical fighters inside a normal space combat game (your Wing Commanders, X-Wing et al). I've done a little tweaking on the turning speed though (I artificially forced the turning speed to be even lower when you were boosting). I might still tweak it out a bit further though regardless :D

I'm definitely in agreement on the Radar - I've been pondering a rewrite of that (I picked up a stock script from somewhere) for a while, but been stuck on the best way to do it. I'm hoping to think of a better solution in due course :)

Thanks for the feedback - glad it's getting some eyeballs :)[/i]

5. robc

robc

Thanks - I wish I could take credit for the ships/skybox (I'm no artist ;)) - the ships come from this model pack (I had to flip some of the transforms when importing into Unity, but they've worked fine after that).

The skyboxes are from Lemuria's page (and easily worth the money IMHO).

As for ship turning - is that with the boost enabled or not? One of my design decisions for this is I want the craft to feel heavier than the typical fighters inside a normal space combat game (your Wing Commanders, X-Wing et al). I've done a little tweaking on the turning speed though (I artificially forced the turning speed to be even lower when you were boosting). I might still tweak it out a bit further though regardless :D

I'm definitely in agreement on the Radar - I've been pondering a rewrite of that (I picked up a stock script from somewhere) for a while, but been stuck on the best way to do it. I'm hoping to think of a better solution in due course :)

Thanks for the feedback - glad it's getting some eyeballs :)