Search Unity

Untitled project in prototype stage

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by iordachicristian, May 29, 2012.

1. iordachicristian

iordachicristian

Hello! I am new to this community but i do have some experience with Unity ( not to much ) :)) .
    Well i have started a project for a 2D game and i want to share it step by step with you guys.
    Remember that this is a prototype stage game so do not judge the background quality. I want your honest opinions it i should continue in this style of game or make changes. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62vlikc7yblenbc/Untitled%20Game.rar

2. chaosTechnician

chaosTechnician

Well, right now, it looks and feels very much like Limbo. What will you be adding or doing differently to differentiate yourself from the obvious comparison?

3. iordachicristian

iordachicristian

That was the point to make a Limbo - like game but with different story line and despite limbo witch is basically a thinking game ( aka puzzle game ) this i want it to be an action game, shooting enemies, creating traps and combining it with the classic limbo style.

4. craigscott

craigscott

It's a really cool game. I enjoy it very much, I see that you have learned the use of keyboard controls. That's good. You could try adding enemies with different functionality. With the traps instantiate objects if they run into enemies, explode. You could potentially develop this into a fun game.

5. Lex_

Lex_

Limbo was great. This game is so eerily similar, lol. Not much to critique in the meantime, but it's going in the right direction.

Goodluck with your game, dude.

6. iordachicristian

iordachicristian

Thanks guys for the support! Now starting on the background design and in a few days i will have a working demo with enemy functionality, new and original main character that i am working on and a base terrain ... more refined.