Search Unity

Assets "untitled" FPS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Mister-D, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Mister-D

Mister-D

some fps pack im working on using the URP fps rendering

enemy

player model

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  2. unit_dev123

unit_dev123

Really cool work friend!

Mister-D likes this.
  3. unitedone3D

unitedone3D

Dear Mr. Maesen, Just a 2 cents,

This looks incredible (and you make FPS assets that are unique/incredible quality/talent/skill AAA). For my FPS game I make use of your western asset of a few years ago (outstanding one, thank you so much, (my game is set is 1897)). It is great you now wiswh to make a game of your great work; I wish you lots of luck! Your pack has that monolith Blood (90s build engine) vibe, a great game and great inspiration (my game also is inspired by these 90s fps), especially the Voodoo doll, caleb and the cultisit with thompson. Pljus the return to castle wolfenstein german ww2 fps - dark castle in the baclground. (I await great german FPSs). Very nice use of URP and vast selection of weapons. Hope yours is the one.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  4. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx!
    yes its inspired by "blood" and oldschool games. however i dont plan on making this a full game, i plan to sell the pack once i have it playable (like a mini game) on the asset store.
    so u have 10 weapons, player model, an enemy and a basic environment to test the pack and a base to develop on.
    i wish i could make a game of my own but i could never make the game i want as a solo developer. so i make asset packs intsead.

5. Captain_James

Captain_James

Wow! That looks...and sounds amazing! What a cool array of weapon choice.

Mister-D likes this.
  6. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  7. petercoleman

petercoleman

Nice weaspons there.

I have the 3DMaesen SCi-Fi weapons in one of my two projects.

Talk about making a game as a single developer, I have been at it for some years and just now managing to get just two levels near completion for a Demo - out of well a lot of levels altogether across two projects

:)

Peter

8. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx,
    yes its hard as a solo developer to make a game. 2 levels near completion is something i could only dream of ;)

9. petercoleman

petercoleman

HI Mister-D,,

Me too :)

Actually I have in fact completed my two level Demo - to the best of my ability with the skills and resources available to me, though it will be updated ongoing as and when I move on to complete more of the Game.

Talking about being hard to "get there" I had beeen using Unity 2019 + and intended to stick with it until I discovered that I could not publish a game with it because my game levels and game is large ansd complex. To large for Unity 2019 and prior versions to publish apparently - the reason I discovered was that Unity did not support publishing of Game levels above 4gb per level as Unity would mess up your game textures! and my levels are larger than that at around 6gb each in this case.........

This had been the case for years and Unity has only now removed this 4gb limit in the latest 2020 version which |I have been forced to upgrade to. Took 7 hours just to install 2020 and import the game project to it. Additionally it took my 89gb project and converted it to 125gb :) I need a bigger Boat!

Despite the fact it has numerous bugs and is potentially unstable for production use I had published my two levels numerous times successully with it and it fixes the messed up textures and improves the performance of the published game quite a bit....

Generally 2020 seems to be a big improvement for me and is stable seemingly.....however that was until yesterday it crashed and I lost my project....and Unity refused thereafter to load the project.

Now in the process of recovering my project hopefully not much longer now :)

Reason it crashed - run out of memory - reason It crashed when UMA build references were turned on (required to build game) and that eats the editor memory away like nobodys business. I need more memory! Thus could not load the project as the references were on with no way to turn them off until the editor loads - somehow :)

Anyway I found a solution and should be OK by end of play today and in any case I have some published copies of the two level game Demo saved out.

The notes above may help someone hopefully.

If anyones interested I can post here some screen shots and a link to a demo download - that is if I can find somewhere to upoload it to at 12.9gb - Google Drive I guess - hopefully :)

Regards

Peter

10. Mister-D

Mister-D

sucks u had a crash. im still using 2019 version. never heard about a 4gb limit for a level. maybe try optimising your levels?
    dont post your project in this thread, why not create your own to showcase your work?

11. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Mister-D,

Fixed my Crash and project loss. I have completed my 8th build now as I keep finding things I am not happy with :)

Hopefully I am now done with it so I can move on.

4gb Limit : https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug...text=This is a limit of,limit of which is 4GB.

"dont post your project in this thread, why not create your own to showcase your work?"

Yes My Bad, sorry.

Kind Regards

Peter

Mister-D likes this.
  12. Mister-D

Mister-D

working on the environment and enemys and AI(1 melee enemy, 1 ranged)
    heres a screen of the "minion"
    screen.jpg

13. Razputin

Razputin

Are the weapon sounds original or are they from a pack? They're really good and I'd like to get my hands on them! Game looks great, the blood aesthetic is thicc and I dig it.

14. Mister-D

Mister-D

i have a massive sound library with a bit of everything in it. i edit them to fit a weapon.
    some things i record myself(voices etc.), i also have a friend who works for film as a a soundengineer.
    also, u may want to check "weaponiser" vst plugin. its expensive but sounds great

Razputin likes this.
  15. Mister-D

Mister-D

enemy to add

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  16. Mister-D

Mister-D

im calling version 1.0 done

will do some more testing and upload the pack to the asset store

17. Mister-D

Mister-D

submitted and pending review

logo.png

18. Mister-D

Mister-D

its declined,
    why does this not surprise me

they suggest to submit the pack with only the weapons included, so there will be no demoscene.
    so all my work on making a playable demo is gone to waste.
    so ill submit the pack with only the weapons, so no demoscene, enemys and no environment

19. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Maybe you could submit the non weapons assets as a seperate pack?

Did they state why it was denied as submitted?

Could you sell the asset via your website to keep it intact?

Thanks

20. Mister-D

Mister-D

i dont know if ill submit the enemys and environment(u can find them on my sketchfab account), lets see what they say now,
    now that ive stripped the pack to the bare minimum.
    they said the asset was not focused enough on the weapons, and had to much unnecessary content. wich i think is BS but who am i.

i dont have my own website to sell my work. but ill keep a copy of the project for sure

21. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Well, I look forward to your asset once approved!

22. Mister-D

Mister-D

sorry but its declined again. im sick of it.
    if u want the weapons and enemys u can buy them on my sketchfab store
    https://sketchfab.com/bumstrum

im done with unity and the asset store.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  23. Mister-D

Mister-D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  24. Mister-D

Mister-D

ive removed all my assets from the asset store
    even the free ones.
    if there is anyone to blame for this its the asset store team.