Search Unity

Unsure if Unity or Oculus issue: "Could not load symbol ovrp_Initialize5 :"

Discussion in 'VR' started by rkeenan, Dec 17, 2018.

1. rkeenan

rkeenan

I'm working on a project with a group that requires the AWS SDK. In order to get the AWS SDK we had to update Unity from what we'd been using (2017.3.1f1) to a much newer version (2018.3.0f2). After updating Unity I'm unable to run the game, and I get the following errors:

Could not load symbol ovrp_Initialize5 : The specified procedure could not be found.
    Could not load symbol ovrp_EndEye2 : The specified procedure could not be found.
    Could not load symbol ovrp_SetThreadPerformance : The specified procedure could not be found.
    Could not load symbol ovrp_AutoThreadScheduling : The specified procedure could not be found.
    Could not load symbol ovrp_GetInstanceExtensionsVk : The specified procedure could not be found.
    Could not load symbol ovrp_GetDeviceExtensionsVk : The specified procedure could not be found.
    Could not load symbol ovrp_SetAppAsymmetricFov : The specified procedure could not be found.

And then a few others but you get the idea. They all revolve around not being able to find some sort of ovrp symbol. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus runtime on my computer, and I have the Oculus(Standalone) package installed. We are making this game in the oculus rift. I'm not sure if this is something I'm missing from unity or if I need some supplementary oculus software installed, please advise.

mgstauff likes this.
  2. ted-aronson

ted-aronson

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm also having this issue. I just upgraded from 2018.2.2 to 2018.3.0.

3. ohokke

ohokke

Also getting this. Does anyone know a solution?

4. Jonas-Neuston

Jonas-Neuston

I have the same thing.

5. Jonas-Neuston

Jonas-Neuston

I reported the issue to Unity. Link.

6. Jonas-Neuston

Jonas-Neuston

I worked around it by turning it off temporarily: Tools -> Oculus -> Disable OVR Utilities Plugin. It should revert back to the built-in Oculus SDK. I'm not sure if all the features are supported in the built-in version, but it works in my case.

mgstauff and ireth_86 like this.
  7. ohokke

ohokke

I solved the issue, but I can't entirely remember how. I think I simply deleted all plugin files in my assets folder (had no idea they weren't necessary anymore), and re-imported the related packages in the package manager of Unity

8. samra2494

samra2494

I have solved this issue
    Could not load symbol ovrp_GetNodeOrientationValid

By importing "Oulus Integration" pkg again

Partrick likes this.
  9. Partrick

Partrick

It worked.. Thanks a lot..

10. ergin3d

ergin3d

Thanks, worked for me too for Oculus Go, from Unity version 2019.3.04 to 2019.3.15

adb logcat Error message was:
    XR: Oculus could not be loaded: Failed to load symbol ovrp_GetNodeOrientationValid

11. mgstauff

mgstauff

Thanks, this worked for me. I'm on an older project using Unity 2018.4, and needed to do this when updating from 2018.4.9 to 2018.4.14. Also I'm using old Oculus SDK 1.31 and VRTK3.3
    Note, access this from the Unity Editor menu through Oculus -> Tools -> ..., and not Tools -> Oculus.... like it says above.
    Note that when you restart Unity after it asks you too, make sure you decline updating the Utilities Plugin to the latest version.