Search Unity

Question [UNSOLVED] rendering error when on orthographic view mode + transparent surface type

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by exoxaierist, Mar 28, 2020.

1. exoxaierist

exoxaierist

I discovered this glitch a few days ago and trying to solve it in a recreated sample scene.
    I'm using 2019.3.6f1 and HDRP 7.1.8
    the glitch happens on the boundaries of transparent and opaque materials, when on orthographic view mode. (in the image, the white floor is the transparent material)
    it doesn't happen with directional lights and seems to be affected by light range, camera's near/far clip plane, and distance to the surface since the light renders normally when i get close to the objects and doesn't render at all when i go far back.
    i unchecked, checked every possible option in the hdrp asset and in the project settings.
    i think its an error involving the tile/cluster render technique that hdrp use. forward render for clusters with transparent material and deferred render for tiles with opaque materials which match the glitch that i got.
    you can easily recreate this glitch in the sample scene. transparent materials(don't need to have alpha below 1) and orthographic view. if you don't see the glitch right away, try zooming in and out.
    if any of you had this problem or knows any solve for this please let me know.

2. xytor500

xytor500

I'm having a similar issue in HDRP with the orthographic camera not rendering lighting on transparent objects, if the camera background is a solid color.

3. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

As stated in the docs of HDRP

xytor500 likes this.