Search Unity

Unresponsive Physical Buttons

Discussion in 'PSM' started by jerbot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. jerbot

jerbot

Hello all,

New to PSM dev, just received my publisher license this morning. I'm porting over a platformer that a friend and I have been working on for PC. I've remapped the input per the PSM documentation, and the buttons work but they're very unresponsive. They trigger maybe once ever 4-5 pushes.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks!

2. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

That's weird, are you using, "Input.GetKeyDown" to detect the buttons pressed on your PS Vita?

3. jerbot

jerbot

Yes, that's what we're using. My original theory was that the issue is physics related, but I've tweaked gravity, drag and mass without success.

Also, input gravity and sensitivity tweaks didn't seem to make any impact.

4. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

Could you share some of your code? the part where you handle the PSVita inputs.

5. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Have you tried a completely blank project, using the input controls your using to do very basic things, there maybe some background activity or 'feature' ? the ps vita doesn't like, as unity-psm is still fairly new and we don't have access to your code or project its hard to debug.
    But yeh, if its still occurring try a blank project.

6. PeterD

PeterD

One of the gotchas that people have been unaware they are a victim of are the shader errors that spam constantly in the background. These will reduce a scene to near single digit frame rates but, otherwise cause no other visible effects (unless you notice that something that should have a shader is mysteriously missing it).

So while I can't gurantee that is the problem. I would at least check that the scene in which you are moving the character doesn't have a dodgy shader slowing it down.

7. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Add a frames per second counter on all your scenes to try narrow down problems. On one of mine I'm getting 5fps, and on another scene I'm getting 100fps +

Also analogue, touch screen, triggers and buttons all work perfect for me :) So it must be your code or scene.

8. Daymeo

Daymeo

Hey jerbot, if you dont mind me asking what are the keycodes for each button? Or where is the documentation to learn this?

Daymeo

9. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Theres some unity-vita features expressed on the trouble shoot documentation, but first you have to login to sony PSM Dev portal.
    Login:
    https://psm.playstation.net/portal/en/index.html#top

Documentation:
    https://psm.playstation.net/static/general/dev/en/unity_for_psm/psm_feature_en.html

And if heres a snippet of whats on in documentation:

10. Daymeo

Daymeo

thank you very much jesuslovesyuh. You have helped me a lot. :)

Daymeo

11. GMM

GMM

Just had the same issue with buttons not being responsive. From what i could gather it was due to me changing the default quality settings for the PSM build, meaning that the framerrate accidently got unlocked by not enabling Vsync. Changing it back solved the isue and the button once again became very responsive.

12. GrahamReeves

GrahamReeves

Unity Technologies