Search Unity

Unreal's Blueprint or FlowCanvas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alexboulting, Jun 25, 2020.

1. alexboulting

alexboulting

Is there any free version of the thingys mentioned above? If so can you link them. Danke xx

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Kiwasi likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes, but none of them are worth using.

AlanMattano likes this.
  4. kdgalla

kdgalla

Oh, if you meant if there was something similar to the two things you mentioned except free, then I agree with Ryiah- I've not seen anything worth while for free.

5. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Hi and welcome to this forum. I do not like them. I try Kismet, Blueprints, Bolt. But it is slow programing. I mean there is a lot of work clicking. Then I learn C# and everything was much faster and smaller. So I suggest learning to code because you will need it at some point. For material shader, yes. And are nice to work with because they are visual transformations.

Under development

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    FerdowsurAsif likes this.
  6. MDADigital

MDADigital

We use flowcanvas for our AI, we are pretty happy with it. What are you not liking with it?

Edit: we use nodecanvas :)

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

I was referring to the free alternatives that exist.

MDADigital likes this.
  8. joshcamas

joshcamas

I've yet to find something that works as great as blueprints in Unity. Probably cause it's more "built into" UE4, instead of being an addon. But yeah, flowcanvas is my favorite, especially since in my case I wanted to have a way to store a graph in a ScriptableObject, which many other popular visual scripting tools lack (ie Playmaker and Bolt).

9. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Are you talking about storing the graphs in your own scriptable objects or how FlowCanvas graphs are scriptable object based assuming you're not picking the embed option? Because Bolt does that too. But FlowCanvas is in a much better place than Bolt1 which has been feature frozen for the past 2 years in favor of developing Bolt 2.