Search Unity

Unreal FPS - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TamerlanShakirov, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Upgrade Unreal FPS to a version of Unity

Poll closed Apr 19, 2019.
  1. Leave Unity 5.6.0 and higher.

11.5%
  2. Unity 2017.1.0 and higher.

5.8%
  3. Unity 2018.1.0 and higher.

13.5%
  4. Unity 2018.3.0 and higher.

51.9%
  5. Unity 2019.1.0 and higher.

17.3%
  1. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

If you will have questions, ask.

2. AlwaysBaroque

AlwaysBaroque

Looks like a very promising asset may buy it at some stage. I've noticed a user, Firesoft has been gracious enough to share a video on how to import different weapons please don't leave it buried in the forum thread. Move it to the first page where it's easy to find :)

TamerlanShakirov likes this.
  3. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Good idea

4. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

This seems like an very interesting asset do you have a demo for this asset? A demo would be pretty nice.

5. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We are thinking to upload a demo, I think it will soon appear with the new update.

6. gbison

gbison

Looks like this asset maybe gaining some traction, congrats. We currently own the RFPS prefab system, but Im not a fan of the way it's designed for example adding weapons and such. However, it plays very well.. The editors in this asset look like they will increase efficiency while working on the code base for the actual game mechanic. It also appears weapons and such are easier to integrate. I am interested as we use RFPS as a base for an arcade shooter and we might change for the future. We are working on adding multiplayer in a very small way to RFPS, but if you plan on offering a full blown multiplayer option, then we might just go with your asset. (Multiplayer is what everyone wants or it seems).

If I may, let me make a suggestion. I would get with some other asset makers on the asset store and work to make your kit work with theirs, such as GAIA, Emerald AI & ICE. Please also consider a true inventory and saving system or again partner with another asset maker such as Ultimate Inventory & Crafting Pro or The Easy Save asset. Having your asset work with these will allow indie developers to chain products together to really bring something dramatic to life quickly - this is something we have been doing for a while.

I wish you had a demo of the asset, how long do you think multiplayer will be?

By the way, Good luck with the asset - it looks to offer some serious potential for the future.

7. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello, thank you for your messages and suggestion.

About multiplayer, we plan to release it with update 1.1 and it will be free.
    About to contact other teams and make support of assets from other developers. We have already thought about it and we think soon we'll start to contact other developers.

8. gbison

gbison

Excellent! Thank you.

9. Michealunity

Michealunity

Hi, i'm interested to buy this package... but is multiplayer? if is not is difficult to add?

10. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello Michealunity,
    The multiplayer will be added in version 1.1
    If you want to implement their multiplayer, you should have no problems. You can email us at any time and we will help you.

11. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Hi' I'm interested t opurchase the asset and firstly i want to know. df it has an ammo system since for the video there is nothing about that and if the ammo system is an indipendent system and we dont have to collect the wepaon to can collcet the ammo but we can collect ammo even if we dont have collected the weapon ..

12. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Ammo system is implemented and it is independent, you can collect ammo even if you have no suitable weapons and they will be in the so-called inventory, and after you pick up the right weapons,you can use them.

13. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

cool.. thanks for your reply..i surely purchase you asset today.. firstly for try to integrate your weapon system into my project ..and hope you could help me if i have difficulties

14. arie1994

arie1994

The weapons mechanics look great but the fps controller itself lacking in features-
    like slide , lean , climb(ladders and vault triggers) and maybe prone, which are basic for a modern fps(NEXT-GENfpso_O)
    and I can see that the focuse of the development is on multiplayer- imho multi should come after the fps features
    are on point.
    Also i saw the video of setting up a new weapon- and it looks like it has no controll over the aim offset.

15. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Of course, write, we will be happy to help.

16. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello arie1994,
    The position of the sight can be changed as you like, such function is provided.

17. arie1994

arie1994

yeah but what about the other machanics that i mentioned
    They are a must-have in a modern fps.

18. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Yes, of course, we will be adding new mechanics with the new updates.

19. arie1994

arie1994

Do you have an ETA on this feature?
    Im tring to choose a tamplete for my projec and this features are very important

20. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

I can't say for sure, but I think that it is not long to wait.

21. arie1994

arie1994

what did i just bought?
    demo scene 1- crashes my computer when camera is in the level( never happened to me in any unity scene ever)
    demo scene2,3- clunky weapons with wrong offset of sights
    I had such hopes for this asset...
    Also can't find a way to change aim offset
    and shotgun has no shotgun style animation(insert shells one by one)
    crashes happen in all scenes

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  22. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Try reinstalling Next-Gen FPS, because in the scene there are no errors with the weapons we've all tested it, and none of our customers not wrote us about these errors. If the error remains, write to us on e-mail description of the error with the subject "BUG" and we'll try to fix them in the next update.
    The first demo scene is resource intensive it is just a demo.
    The FirePoint object changes the location of the shot. Player/WeaponCamera/FirePoint. You can also read the documentation.
    The function one by one reload will be added in the next updates very soon.

23. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

If you have any requests for the next updates, write us, we'll take into consideration.

24. unicat

unicat

Bow and arrows would be nice :)

25. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

You can easily do it without writing a single line of code, just using a ready-made Physics Attack System

26. CPTEliteWarfare

CPTEliteWarfare

Now i want get your asset but i want know what multiplayer network would you be using? , i would recommend Photon as it is cheaper than UNet in the long run. Or atleast support for Photon Network would be great :)

27. Tyrone843

Tyrone843

UNet is good when you self host it on your own dedicated/vps. Take a look at Master Server Framework for say :). You may be able to create some awesome stuff with Next-Gen FPS and that.

28. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We will use Photon Network

CPTEliteWarfare likes this.
  29. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Thanks for the advice, but we already decided to use Photon Network

CPTEliteWarfare and Tyrone843 like this.
  30. CPTEliteWarfare

CPTEliteWarfare

Yea we are currently using that for our RTS Project with UNET but my programmers are thinking of doing a whole recode of network for Photon as we seeing it being better for us. Other half of the team just waiting on a Project so just looking around for Frameworks to use if this one gets a Multiplayer update ill forsure get it then :)

Tyrone843 and TamerlanShakirov like this.
  31. witcher101

witcher101

Why there is no webgl demo yet??

32. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Soon we will add a demo

Tyrone843 likes this.
  33. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

What do you think about the new update?

34. arie1994

arie1994

what has been added in 1.0.4?

35. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

• Climb System
    • Tilts System
    • Grab System
    • Upgrade Spread System
    • Update Inventory System
    • Improved performance of script
    • Bug Fixes

36. arie1994

arie1994

sounds great!
    But what is "Grab System"?
    Is the climb system dynamic or trigger based?

37. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Grab system means that you can select various objects and drag them, for example of different boxes you can build stairs or walls.
    Climb system based on the triggers, we have created a powerful system that we can easily configure.

Firesoft likes this.
  38. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Soon we will release new update 1.0.5 which adds many exciting new features!

Firesoft and pushingpandas like this.
  39. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

any more details regarding the features???

40. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

This looks quite promising. Unfortunately I don't use Photon for networking. Did you know that Forge Networking is now free and open source too or everyone has UNET already since it's built into Unity. Perhaps there will someday be integrations with all of them.

41. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Features future updates v1.05.
    • New Surface Handler - Now it is dynamic, you can create your own surface to assign them a unique sound of footsteps, effects from hit of bullets, etc
    • Added New Swimming System
    • Added New Door System
    • New Menu System
    • New In-Game UI
    • New Menu UI
    • Update Crouch System
    • Update InventorySystem
    • Update Climb System
    • Improved performance of script (with every update the manufacturer increases)
    • Bug Fixes

42. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Thanks for the advice.

43. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We listen to the requests and advice of our customers.
    But given all the suggestions about multiplayer, you all have very different opinions about, what framework to use basic, to make it convenient to operate.
    How do you look at it to vote?

44. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

I've never used either Photon or your asset so I shouldn't necessarily have any say in the matter. I was just letting you know Forge is free and open source now in case you didn't know yet and also suggesting that UNET might be a good option for you since everyone can use it. However not everyone does use it and I don't really know the differences between the free Photon or UNET. I'm not sure which method would be best for you or your existing customers but I have another idea.

You probably want to be able to sell as many copies of your asset as possible and maybe supporting all of the networking solutions could be a possibility. Perhaps if you were to create your asset in such a way where you could then be able to create separate modules for each of the networking systems you could potentially sell those modules as separate assets for a fair price and let people choose for themselves which they want to use then that may be the best way to go. Then you would also get paid for the extra time you spend on them and could price them accordingly.

45. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Good idea, but we was planning to add multiplayer free.

46. witcher101

witcher101

I wana buy this but still no webgl demo. I wana see how smoothly it runs in webgl.
    Also is shooting by raycast or by bullets or isthere option for both??

47. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

Well, you still can add networking free just like you were originally planning to. But that doesn't mean you can't still create extra modules for other networking assets and charge for them when you have time. Though maybe it would make more sense to include UNET by default if that was the case since it's built into Unity and people don't have to install extra assets, it'll just work right out of the box.

You could of course not charge for any of them if you wanted to make modules for them all but then maybe it would end up being too much work for you to create and maintain them all. Your asset is relatively cheap and you should be paid for your efforts if it's a good product and so I think people shouldn't mind paying a small little bit extra for networking support if they are using a separate asset for networking.

Another option is that you could add support for them all right into the asset and just raise your asset price by a little. Although having them as separate assets that just integrate into the main one would be cheaper for people who don't even want networking support or want to make their own networking module for it.

48. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello, Next-Gen FPS supports the WebGL platform, performance is checked, all scripts work without problems.
    Next-gen FPS supports various kinds of shooting and attacks including Physics(Bullet) and RayCast. They are fully integrated and work great.
    The demo version we will publish along with version 1.05.

49. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Good idea, I agree with you, I think we'll do a free network modules, uNet and Photon in the first place, so they are the most common network extension to Unity, used by developers.

50. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Hey so when does the new Update come out?