Search Unity

Unreal FPS - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by InfiniteDawn, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Upgrade Unreal FPS to a version of Unity

Poll closed Apr 19, 2019.
  1. Leave Unity 5.6.0 and higher.

11.5%
  2. Unity 2017.1.0 and higher.

5.8%
  3. Unity 2018.1.0 and higher.

13.5%
  4. Unity 2018.3.0 and higher.

51.9%
  5. Unity 2019.1.0 and higher.

17.3%
  1. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

The documentation fully describes how apply all setting by presets. See "Quick Start" section.

2. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

You just should setup the project by "Quick Start" section, after this you can load demo scene there player and weapon already configurated.

3. GrobyKen

GrobyKen

You have now replied but not to the question I asked you. Please refer to my post on Monday.

4. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

We deleted the old documentation and now we are writing a new one, we’ll finish it soon.

5. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

After 2 enemy respawns have occurred the character is loading facing the ground, a shot clip is executed, and the enemy dies. How can I fix this?

FPS Mobile Version

thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  6. nikunjk21

nikunjk21

@Tamerlan_S_ I emailed you some questions and also asked over Discord.
    I didn't get your response yet.

7. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

What do you think about the new update? We are now working on updating the mobile and multiplayer version.

8. remma12

remma12

Does this work with the Linux version of the Unity client?

Thanks!

9. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

If you mean Unity Editor for Linux then Yes!

10. remma12

remma12

Awesome thanks for the response, just bought and can't wait to get home from work to play :)

11. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

In the future Multiplayer and Mobile versions of Unreal FPS will removed from asset store, and will be added in standard version of Unreal FPS. All owners will can upgrade Multiplayer or Mobile assets to the Unreal FPS.

12. psjailbreakhub

psjailbreakhub

hello, first of all congratulate them for the asset unreal fps,
    I do not handle English very well, I am new and I do not have much knowledge,

Recently 3 days ago I bought the unreal multiplayer version, but when using it in the demo level scene when I point to shoot does not see the objective, the crosshairs do not show the objective, and I wanted to map the driver of xbox one controller but I have not managed to operate the control mapping of the joystick I can not apply it to work the right joystick and the left trigger documented is not loaded in the input manager of unity,

I understand that the input manager after reading back was changed by the unity input, can not be assigned to the fire function in the driver of xbox one, otherwise all good. I am using unity 2018.03, I must use an older version or a higher, greetings

Any help you can give me to see the objective scope when aiming with the look and the xbox driver can work, it will be appreciated

13. psjailbreakhub

psjailbreakhub

hello I have the same problem as you, when I point with the sniper an other guns looks at it does not allow to see anything, as in your photos ,as you solved it?, greetings

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  14. psjailbreakhub

psjailbreakhub

please help me

15. psjailbreakhub

psjailbreakhub

please help me

16. psjailbreakhub

psjailbreakhub

sniper.jpg

17. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

This error has already been fixed in the standard version, but it remained in multiplayer, but it is quite easy to fix, during the day we will send you instructions.

18. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

You just lost the layer settings on the camera.
    1. Find Sniper Rifle wepon (Player/FPCamera/Sniper Rifle)
    2. Find Scope camera (Sniper Rifle/BSP_rig/Scope/Camera)
    3. Set culling mask "Everything" except "Weapon"

19. anakein

anakein

can asset vr support (oculus quest for me)?

thanks

20. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

We haven't tested VR yet.

21. Zubair_Malik907

Zubair_Malik907

I have my custom scene of menus(level selection, sun selection) and game play(contain player, AI enemy, input manager, my Levels and other necessary assets. Whenever I played a level and came back to menus, User interface didn't respond on mobile as well as on windows. I figured it out it is because of input manager but don't know how to fix it :(
    Unity version is 2018.2.14f
    Any help?

22. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Means default unity input manager?

23. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Version 1.21 in develop, with each update we try to improve the asset. Update 1.21 this is a very huge update that will affect all systems, a completely new user-friendly inspector interface, we work very hard on optimization and performance of all components. The system will become flexible and fast as well as easily expandable. Completely new AI system. with different types, adaptive ragdoll system and new IK system. Improved weapon system. Also, the package itself will weigh 2 times less, 200-300Mb vs current 700-800Mb. Completely new mobile system and mush more!

24. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Many interesting things about the update can be found in the discord channel, just now there is a discussion!
    Discord: https://discord.gg/sBtPDhb

25. unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

Hi I can't make dmg to EnemyAI, i try fix this error with new code but not working good how can i fix this in your own code =?? THX

26. unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

Even in demoAI level i can' do any damage to the EnemyAI and i don't really know why couse the code is fine

27. unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

i think th RayCast of the shoot is always going at the same direction

28. unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

And no muzzle flash and sell ejection in all weapons except assault rifle. I can't Edit NOTHING

29. unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

unity_0-96xvvOF7ioBw

From start this error in EnemyAI
    NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () <0x40557040 + 0x0006a> in <b4f5285dbb9e4d199556920be8fbf17d>:0
    UnrealFPS.Runtime.PatrolSystem.RandomPatrol () (at Assets/Unreal FPS/Core/Runtime/AI/Classes/PatrolSystem.cs:74)
    UnrealFPS.Runtime.PatrolSystem.Update () (at Assets/Unreal FPS/Core/Runtime/AI/Classes/PatrolSystem.cs:64)
    UnrealFPS.AI.AIController.UpdateAIStates () (at Assets/Unreal FPS/Core/Runtime/AI/Classes/AIController.cs:112)
    UnrealFPS.AI.AIController.Update () (at Assets/Unreal FPS/Core/Runtime/AI/Classes/AIController.cs:95)

30. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Daily news about update, the next update will be just incredible!

• New weapon animation system - Physics procedural animation + animator animations, thanks to the new system, the weapon behaves much more realistic!
    • Completely all new weapon system animation, shooting and reloading!
    • We have divided some systems into separate components to improve performance and usability. For example, before the shooting system contained two subsystems Physics and RayCast, now it will be two separate systems WeaponPhysicsShootingSystem and WeaponRayShootingSystem!
    • Big performance improvements!
    • New C# API to work with the all systems!
    • Most components now have callback functions!

31. YuuYuuV

YuuYuuV

Hi, After importing this asset of mobile version, there is no tab of Unreal FPS.
    The official document states that tabs are displayed.
    How should I fix this?

And, when I ran the demo scene, the following error occurred.
    ---------------------
    Assets\Unreal FPS Mobile\PostProcessing\Editor\PropertyDrawers\MinDrawer.cs(6,34): error CS0104: 'MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between 'UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute' and 'UnityEngine.MinAttribute'
    ---------------------

My unity version : 2018.3

32. FunnyGuy

FunnyGuy

Would it be possible to just have a true first-person view (think Arma 3/Star Citizen)? It would be easier to implement VR support then and include animations that match without having to keep on rewriting the system. The asset is good, probably one of the few that still stand out from among the rest. I believe that a true first-person view would make it top UFPS (and yes; I own UFPS).

33. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

We are completing the update, will soon open access for beta testing!
    Access to the beta version will be available through GitLab.

To access the beta you need:
    1. The purchased version of the asset.
    2. Send email with subject "Beta Access {Asset Name}" and in the text attach the invoice number of purchased asset and a link to the gitlab account.

After that you will have access and you can download the beta.

What the beta version means?
    • It is a complete asset that you can work on and create project. However, there will be no custom GUI, everything will be displayed in standard Unity serialization.
    • The only difference in final release is: will be fixed bugs that will be found during beta testing and will be added to the custom editor GUI.

34. jnbbender

jnbbender

Just noticed how inactive this forum is but in case you missed my email I'm hoping you can support the following request:

Code (CSharp):
    2. "I was wondering if you could be so kind as to either give me a
    3. discount or allow me to return the Multiplayer package.  Why?  I was
    4. attempting to purchase the Unreal FPS package and accidentally purchased
    5. the Multiplayer version.  I noticed that Unreal FPS owners can download the
    6. Multiplayer version for free and I would gladly pay the difference.
    8. Thanks"

35. jnbbender

jnbbender

@InfiniteDawn So I wrote to you some time ago. Maybe beginning of November, then posted a copy of my email as you can see above. I have not heard ANYTHING from you.

• Support
    We are always glad to our clients and we maintain constant contact with them, answer all questions and even help in the development of their projects, help write scripts, etc., our support is one of the best on the Asset Store.

That is taken from your Unity page. Well so far I can tell you, your communication IS NOT the best on the Asset Store. Please get back to me with either a yes or no. So far, your correspondence blows!

36. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Hello, we responded to your email in early November, check it out.

37. jnbbender

jnbbender

My apologies. It was in fact buried in my email. I will remove any comments from the store.

38. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Once again we want to remind, beta testing is already underway!
    All who have purchased Unreal FPS can access beta testing!

39. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

News about AI!

We do not just update the artificial intelligence in the asset, we completely write a new one from scratch. The old version of AI has been completely removed.

Some features of the new AI:
    • New advanced AI controller, for example, now he automatically crouches if going through a low obstacle.
    • New animaton system
    • New advanced destination system, you can configure each destination point in detail, for example, set the speed at which the AI should reach it, set the waiting time, activate various States from the animator and much more.
    • Realistic adaptive ragdoll system, which reacts to all physical influences, for example you can pick up a physical object and throw it, from which it will physically realistically fall, you can configure everything.
    • New health system
    • Realistic field of view
    • New procedurical IK system, you no longer need to configure animations to work with IK, the new IK system works automatically.
    • New footstep sound system, support physical material and unlimited number of terrains, also it runs much faster and requires much less resources and memory.
    In General, the AI has become much more flexible to configure, you can configure almost all the parameters and create a unique behavior for each AI!

combatsheep likes this.
  40. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Daily news about update!
    • New grenades system, now you can easily add grenades!
    • New HUD system, we have completely redesigned the HUD system, you can completely change the HUD as you like!
    • New grabbing system, we wrote a special grab joint component, you can grab any physical object and place it, throw it, physical correctly!

combatsheep likes this.
  41. jnbbender

jnbbender

Not sure if you take suggestions but one of the things I'd like to change is how the player "Lerp's" to a stop when WASD keys go from down to up. I added a little code to make it adjustable so that the player can stop immediately or within a given time.

In the ReadInput() function of the FPController script:

Code (CSharp):
    2. // Read input
    3. float horizontal = UInput.GetAxis(INC.CHAR_HORIZONTAL);
    4. float vertical = UInput.GetAxis(INC.CHAR_VERTICAL);
    6. if (characterController.isGrounded)
    7. {
    8.      if ((vertical < 0.2f && horizontal < 0.2f) &&
    9.          (vertical > -0.2f && horizontal > -0.2f))
    10.      {
    11.           speed = 0;
    12.           return;
    13.       }
    14. }
    15. else if (!airControl)
    16. {
    17.       speed = Mathf.SmoothStep(speed, 0, 5.0f * Time.deltaTime);
    18.       return;
    19. }
    20. else if (airControl)
    21. {
    22.      speed = Mathf.SmoothStep(speed, airControlSpeed, 5.0f * Time.deltaTime);
    23.      return;
    24. }
    Note: this will also delay your "start to walk time". 0.2 can be made a config parameter.

42. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Daily news about update!
    • New AAA camera shake system, you will be able to configure the shake parameters for each controller state in detail, for example: [Running], [Walking + Crouch + Zooming], [Jump + Sprinting] or [Light Walk + Crouch + Fire + Zooming], you can blending different state and add for it different camera shakes.
    • New HUD system, improved performance and requires less memory, will support various variations, automatically configured and generated automatically.
    • New advanced crosshair system fully customizable and procedural, allows you to create AAA quality crosshairs.
    • and much more!

43. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

We completely upgraded first person controller in new update, about your feature, okay we will add this in new update.

44. jnbbender

jnbbender

Started playing around with this asset last night and attempted to create a character. I used the Unity Standard bodyguard model so I knew it was a well formatted humanoid. I clicked "create"->Player but it simply cloned the default player.

I moved on to attempt to create my character by copy/pasting most EVERYTHING from the demo scene. It took some time then realized arms, legs, knees, elbows all needed joints. I stopped. Couldn't go on. Too much. Is there any way to create a character based on my model that doesn't involve an hour of cutting/pasting/creating?

If anyone can help that'd be great.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  45. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Yes we took this into account in the new update. We have added a special editor where you can create custom characters in a couple of clicks.

46. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Daily news!
    • Melee Combat AI - suitable for AI that attacks with melee weapons for example zombies and etc.
    • Ranged Combat AI - suitable for AI that attacks with ranged weapons for example soldier with rifle and etc.
    • NPC - base AI (peaceful).
    • All the types of AI's fully customizable, you can make it so that: NPC walking and if you start to attack it will run away and hide, Zombies will try to find you if they lose sight of you, the Soldier will hide behind cover and fire.
    It may not necessarily be zombies or soldiers it just examples, AI is flexible and easy to set up. You will be able to create completely different behaviors.

Voodoo_ZA and combatsheep like this.
  47. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Hello, some news!
    We have improved the AI, in future updates we plan to add a node editor to customize the behavior of the AI!

FunnyGuy and combatsheep like this.
  48. InfiniteDawn

InfiniteDawn

Black Friday has begun!
    Unreal FPS 50% off, just for 14.99$!

unityunity