Search Unity

Unreal FPS - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TamerlanShakirov, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Upgrade Unreal FPS to a version of Unity

Poll closed Apr 19, 2019.
  1. Leave Unity 5.6.0 and higher.

11.5%
  2. Unity 2017.1.0 and higher.

5.8%
  3. Unity 2018.1.0 and higher.

13.5%
  4. Unity 2018.3.0 and higher.

51.9%
  5. Unity 2019.1.0 and higher.

17.3%
  1. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

If you have Unreal FPS you can download for free Unreal FPS Multiplayer from the Asset Store.

2. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

ok, i was wondering as i'm having some really weird glitches with the guns and the body! With the guns sometimes they shoot normally sometimes the shoot really fast and don't use any ammo!

3. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

Hey, i started the project again! Do i need to get the full Unreal FPS then multiplayer?

4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Any chance of getting melee attacks and blocking added?

5. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

No, they work independently.

6. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In the new update we'll added melee attack system.

7. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

Just curious what will the new update feature?

8. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS v1.20
    • Editor
      • Completely rewritten and impoved Editor source code.
      • Added Project Setup Assistant which will help to set up the project.
      • Project Verifier it will check the project and if the project is not configured it will notify you to offer to configure it.
      • UProject Manager it's global manager through which you will be able to create various elements (Player, Weapons, AI and ect.), install integrations(Mobile, Multiplayer and ect.), customize the editor interface, MenuItems and etc.
      • Added tooltips to almost every field.
      • Added buttons for automatic search of elements.
      • And many more improvements
    • Runtime
      • Cleaned and improved all source code.
      • Upgraded and improved FPController.
      • Upgraded and improved Shooting System.
      • Upgraded and improved Reloading System.
      • Upgraded and improved Weapon Animation System.
      • Upgraded and improved FPInventoty System.
      • Upgraded and improved FPHealth.
      • Upgraded and improved FPS Body System.
      • Upgraded and improved Camera Tilt System
      • New AI System [Beta], now AI dynamically change position and crouch during battle, reloading weapon and more.
      • New Grenade System.
      • New Spread System.
      • New Bullet System.
      • New Explosion system.
      • New Melee Attack System.
      • New Throw Attack System (can be used to create grenade, bow and ect.).
      • New three shooting mode: Single, Free, Queue.
      • New HUD Manager.
      • New Crosshair System.
      • New footsteps sound system supporting terrains.
      • New footstep property asset, now all the sounds of steps can be stored in a separate file.
      • New climb sound property asset, now all the sounds of climb steps can be stored in a separate file.
      • New air control for Character.
      • New the ability simulate forward jump from a standing position.
      • New three move state with different speeds: Walk, Run, Sprint.
      • New system processing type for Crouch system now you can croucing by holding or one press on button.
      • Changed Input Manager on default Unity input manager.
    • Other
      • Unreal FPS 1.20 support: All versions including sub-versions (Unity 5.6, Unity 2017, Unity 2018).
      • Documentation will be completely rewritten.
      • Will be added Editor API and Runtime API.

FunnyGuy and caseyatbric like this.
  9. musolo

musolo

Hi Tamerlan!
    I would gladly pay personnaly 250$ for such ready framework with tutorials showing how to operate it if you`d have one ready made for sale. I strongly beleive that this framework will have few dozens of buyers that will pay 250$ for game framework with iap shop and rewarded ads, menu and save systems.
    You can make few different price plans and you`ll get all segments of fps enthusiasts devs.
    Few dozens of 250$ plan buyers of full plan.(IAP shop, rewarded Ads, Banners )
    Couple of hundreds of 100$ plan buyers of plan with just rewarded ads and banners version.
    And close to a thousand buyers of 50$ plan that has only banners implemented.
    Imagine that you can make 20 000$ if my rough estimate is close to be optimistic bu still not too far from realistic.
    Even if you`ll make 5 times less within a first few months still it will be close to 4 000$
    I you will make text to speech voice tutorials about making Optically scoped automatic rifle as primary weapon with animated hands and pistol as second plus grenade and rocket launcher it will be full range of possible weapons for any kind of game from horror, scifii, adventure, survival,military etc.
    Cool!!!

TamerlanShakirov likes this.
  10. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! Does it work with terrain streaming, when all terrains are in their own scene and loads and unloads when the player move? does it have full player body? and also does it work in splitscreen, so you dont see your friend headless? also, does it support the latest particle system so I can use weapon effects from asset store? does it have any item inventory? player setup custom character? custom weapon creation wizard?

11. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

• Yes Unreal FPS support full body.
    • Yes you can use your own particle system.
    • Yes you can use any items in inventory.
    • Yes you can create your own player, weapons and any else items.
    About the wizard, in the new update we will add global manager which will contains a lot of powerful wizards and managers for create player, weapons, bullets and and etc., in the current
    Don't quite understand the question about terrain streaming.

12. mattis89

mattis89

Cool! Yea, what I meant with terrain streaming is basically that If, I pick up weapons and ammo, go to another terrain when its load the scene if I keep it all.. like, if I load a new scene will I have have what I picked up in the previous? .....

Also, the splitscreen, supports?

13. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

At the moment Unreal FPS does not have a built-in save system, we will definitely add it in the next 1-2 updates.
    Splitscreen if you means 2-player on one device, input controller in the current version support it feature, you just should implement split screen function.

14. mattis89

mattis89

Cool! no material issues when playing 2 player, like head not visible or ams for the second player and the other way around?

Does this asset have any intergrated save system, intergration with easy save or similar?

15. musolo

musolo

Tamerlan will you add in app purchases, and rewarded ads?

16. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

hi any ETA for the new update....??
    and do you really plan to add a built in save system for this framework really soon or is only planned ..since i'm waitng for it form about 1 year..

17. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In Unreal FPS Multiplayer? Yes, but only in future updates. At the moment we are focused on the implementation of the planned functions and their improvements.

18. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

The update turned out to be more wide scale than planned, and therefore it took longer to polish. As we have already written, we have rewritten a lot of systems from scratch to improve their architecture and speed. Believe, you will be very pleased, with the wait was worth it. We will add a save system after the release of this update, it will be very easy to do, it became possible due to improvements in the new update.

19. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi.

Some scopes of the guns(Machine gun, sniper, RPG) looks strange.
    (Rifle and SMG work well)
    Can I fix it?

iMac 27inch/DRAM 40GB/GPU Radeon Pro 580X.
    macOS 10.14.4 Mojave
    Unity2018.2.16f1
    Unreal FPS 1.13

MachineGun.jpg sniper.jpg RPG.jpg

20. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We already fix this bug and completely upgrade scope system, it became even more realistic. Very soon update will be released.

combatsheep likes this.
  21. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi, Tamerlan_S_.
    Thank you!

22. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS 1.20

We are pleased to announce that the update is ready and has already been sent to the Asset Store it will be available for download in approximately 48 hours!

This is the biggest update since the Unreal FPS release!

Unreal FPS 1.20 fully support Unity 2018 and new Unity 2019!
    The minimum required version of Unity 2018.3

Make a backup your project before install this update!

There are so many changes that the following release notes are incomplete changes much more.

Release Notes:
    • Completely rewritten and impoved Editor source code
    • Added Project Setup Assistant which will help to set up the project
    • Project Verifier it will check the project and if the project is not configured it will notify you to offer to configure it.
    • UProject Manager it's global manager through which you will be able to create various elements (Player, Weapons, AI and ect.), install integrations(Mobile, Multiplayer and ect.), customize the editor interface, MenuItems and etc
    • Added tooltips to almost every field
    • Added buttons for automatic search of elements
    • Cleaned and improved all source code
    • Upgraded and improved FPController
    • Upgraded and improved
    • Upgraded and improved Reloading System
    • Upgraded and improved Weapon Animation System
    • Upgraded and improved FPInventoty System
    • Upgraded and improved FPHealth
    • Upgraded and improved FPS Body System
    • Upgraded and improved
    • New Camera Tilt System
    • New Shooting System
    • New AI System [Alpha], now AI dynamically change position and crouch during battle, reloading weapon and more
    • New Grenade System
    • New Spread System
    • New Bullet System
    • New Explosion system
    • New Melee Attack System
    • New Weapon Animation Event System
    • New Weapon Spread System
    • New Throw Attack System (can be used to create grenade, bow and ect.)
    • New Procedural Crosshair System
    • New three shooting mode: Single, Free, Queue
    • New HUD Manager
    • New Crosshair System
    • New footsteps sound system supporting terrains
    • New footstep property asset, now all the sounds of steps can be stored in a separate file
    • New climb sound property asset, now all the sounds of climb steps can be stored in a separate file
    • New air control for Character
    • New the ability simulate forward jump from a standing position
    • New three move state with different speeds: Walk, Run, Sprint
    • New system processing type for Crouch system now you can croucing by holding or one press on button
    • Changed Input Manager on default Unity input manager
    • And much more

23. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

24. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS 1.20 has been released!
    You can download the update from the Asset Store!

25. unicat

unicat

Getting this error after open the demo scene:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.3\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageDetails.cs(22,42): error CS0308: The non-generic type 'PackageDetails.UxmlFactory' cannot be used with type Arguments

It is a fresh project in Unity 2019.1.0f2.

26. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Open Documentation and go to the section "Quick Start". There are fully described what need to do. This error occurred because you imported project settings and packages.

27. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Have you already evaluated the new update? Write your feedback. We also started updating the documentation.

28. blueFire

blueFire

I am also getting this error as well. I could not find any information in the documentation on how to fix it. What page is it on?

I temp.png temp2.png
    I also noticed the Documentation stats on page 5 under Create Player From Tab section to press the "Unreal PFS/Create/Player" tab to create a new player in a scene. Not only is the "Next-Gen FPS" tab not on the menu but the product is the Next-Gen FPS product not the Unreal FPS product.

29. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Use the online documentation it is constantly updated, there is fully described how to set up the project. Next-Gen FPS it's old name.

30. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

How do you run both the full UR FPS and the UR FPS Multiplayer and Mobile together?

31. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

Or Add the functionality to the main UR FPS?

32. LiangYun1980

LiangYun1980

Import error

Attached Files:

33. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

Couple of issues:
    1. When importing the FPS Full version 1.2 I do not have a plugins option. I do not see Editor > Preferences > UR FPS
    I tried with Unity 2017.4.24, 2018.3.12, and 2019.2.0a

2. I see the option to add the Mobile and the Networking add-ons, but when clicking the link for either I am only taken to the asset store page of the mobile and the multiplayer versions. I have tried to import multiple versions of FPS at the same time with multiple errors. What is the recommended way to have Full FPS, Mobile, and Networking?

34. blueFire

blueFire

I cannot find where to setup the buttons in the input section of the Project Settings. All my input section contains are axes (no buttons).

It would also be nice if there was a way to automatically add all needed tags, layers and input automatically without having to do it manually.

35. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Which version of Unity are you using? Minimum required version 2018.3. Also, the documentation fully describes how to import the project.

36. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

1. Minimum required version 2018.3. In the new version there is no plug-in window. Now all settings are stored in UProject Manager.
    2. Unreal FPS Mobile and Unreal FPS Multiplayer are different assets at the moment we updated the standard version, soon the update will be released for Unreal FPS Mobile and Unreal FPS Multiplayer.

37. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

The documentation fully describes that you can add them manually or or use presets. See "Quick Start" section.

38. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS Mobile and Unreal FPS Multiplayer are different assets at the moment we updated the standard version, soon the update will be released for Unreal FPS Mobile and Unreal FPS Multiplayer.

combatsheep likes this.
  39. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

Can i add multiplayer to mobile?

40. play_unity729

play_unity729

Looks like nobody ask this: I recently update to the last version, and now every time I press reload, the animation, reload Twice, I create a new installation on a new project, and still have that Issue, what could be happening?

41. play_unity729

play_unity729

I have the same Issue If I import the multiplayer Assets, everything reset and I need to recreate all the layers, but This time instead of AI Friendly I have AI Blue Team, and all the button configuration changes too

42. play_unity729

play_unity729

Also after integrate the multiplayer I got all 22 errors

43. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

These are independent assets. They do not need to be integrated.

44. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

These are independent assets. They do not need to be integrated. If you need multiplayer just import multiplayer into a clean project.

45. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Just reduce the relaoding time.

46. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

Maybe this needs to be more clear.

Using the demo, after a short period of time the Enemy AI no longer spawn. Where is the setting that controls the spawn rate for these characters?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  47. KizzMyAnthia

KizzMyAnthia

I have the full FPS version and I see through the UProject manager that Mobile SDK and Network SDK are listed. When I try to import the projects I am presented with multiple errors. What is the proper way to integrate these plugins/addons?

48. GrobyKen

GrobyKen

Hi

I am interested in purchasing your product but would prefer to read the docs first. Trouble is they are parked on a Google site and I can only see down to about half way through Chapter 4 (Page 24). Any ideas?

49. blueFire

blueFire

I finally figured out how to setup buttons.

Would it not be possible to have the program do all these required start up steps when it is first loaded?

50. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

These are independent assets. They do not need to be integrated. If you need multiplayer just import multiplayer into a clean project.
    Unreal FPS Mobile and Unreal FPS Multiplayer are different assets at the moment we updated the standard version, soon the update will be released for Unreal FPS Mobile and Unreal FPS Multiplayer.