Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unreal FPS - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TamerlanShakirov, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Upgrade Unreal FPS to a version of Unity

Poll closed Apr 19, 2019.
  1. Leave Unity 5.6.0 and higher.

11.5%
  2. Unity 2017.1.0 and higher.

5.8%
  3. Unity 2018.1.0 and higher.

13.5%
  4. Unity 2018.3.0 and higher.

51.9%
  5. Unity 2019.1.0 and higher.

17.3%
  1. Marcos-Elias

Marcos-Elias

Your asset is awesome, but there is ONE HUGE PROBLEM... Some first person classes are renamed/changed over the default of Standard Assets. So this asset is incompatible with any other that uses Standard Assets... I would like to use it with Emerald AI, which relies on Standard Assets.

You should create new scripts/classes instead of renaming the samples from Unity, so the project wouldn't break.

I cannot use it with Emerald AI right now and it will take a huge time to change classes and recreate prefabs...

Could you separate the scripts so they don't override the Standard Assets?

In its current stage I can only use this in a new blank project, but I would like having the Emerald AI working for melee and other enemies (animals, creatures etc).

Also this is boring because many assets that we buy uses Standard Assets to the characters on sample scenes, everytime that we import one of them, the project won't compile due to naming errors.

2. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Yes, Unreal FPS used some camera scripts. However, they are rewritten and optimized for Unreal FPS.
    If you import some custom assets in project with Standard Assets folder, uncheck the tick from the Character folder. [Standard Asstes/Character]

3. iunami

iunami

I agree with Marco about renaming the scripts used from Standard Assets if they are changed by you.

Also, when I imported this package, I got a bunch of "missing namespace" for some NG* references. Am I missing something?

4. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

If you import asset in project with Standard Assets folder, uncheck the tick from the Character folder. [Standard Asstes/Character]

We will definitely resolve this issue.

5. RonnyRFA

RonnyRFA

Is there any documentation or tutorial on the multiplayer? Just downloaded Unreal FPS Multiplayer and do'nt know where to start. Like what to build, what version to use,...

6. pslsteve

pslsteve

When is this going to be fixed?

7. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We will add in the near future instructions.

8. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Now we are working on a big update, in which we greatly improve the character controller, add a large number of new features and fix bugs.

9. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We have not published news for a long time, but this does not mean that nothing is happening, we are preparing a very large update. Which will greatly improved the character controller improved physics, etc in more detail in the release notes, which we will publish soon.

FunnyGuy likes this.
  10. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We have opened a vote about the version of Unity used in Unreal FPS.

11. patriciocastro

patriciocastro

I had an issue, when I try the scene said that the input mouse_axis_0 is not setup! and when I play I cant rotate the camera, what I have to do?

12. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Open Help -> Unreal FPS Quick Start, find Input section.

13. Ruslanas33

Ruslanas33

Hey, is this only one place where i can talk with support? so im geting alot errors , some fixed some still apears...and i need some help.

14. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Write to support infinitedawnts@gmail.com.

15. Andrius32

Andrius32

Hello, could anyone tell me how to make this input set up? Im rly not profesional programmer so i dont understand what is going on here...

Attached Files:

16. Andrius32

Andrius32

Also its missing some scripts and i dont know which scripts....

Attached Files:

17. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

You can get already configurated input controller from demo scene, just copy it and paste in your scene.

18. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

You have some compile errors, in console press collapse or clear to leave only compilation errors, and send photo/error messages here or to our support infinitedawnts@gmail.com.

19. Ruslanas33

Ruslanas33

Hello, i have sent few e-mails 3 days ago still no answers. Any ways, i would like to ask here. how to launch multiplayer system? Can't test w/o it anything. And can't find anything like lobby system...

20. Ruslanas33

Ruslanas33

do you have system how to seperate enemy team from ali team? Ive created turet system and now i dont want it shoot friendly units. That would be not hard in single player mode, but multi player using just one prefab...

21. Andrius32

Andrius32

how to implement multiplayer system into my game?

22. mrblasto

mrblasto

Ok, since the forum's not giving me the option to create a new post here goes.
    Problems with Unreal FPS on Unity 2018.3:

1. Errors in mindrawer.cs, need to prefix MinAttribute with UnityEngine, e.g., UnityEngine.MinAttribute. Also need to change declaration of attribute in line 11 of mindrawer.cs to m_attribute or something that disambiguates it from attribute.

2. When switching weapons I get IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    UnrealFPS.FPInventory.ActivatePreviousWeapon () (at Assets/Unreal FPS/Core/Source/Character/FPInventory.cs:258)...

3. Can't pickup weapons in demo. I get the message Get Pistol or whatever but can't get it either by moving over it (as in Ultimate First Person Shooter).

4. When running in the editor there's no way to look around. I've gotten this to work once, I think when I only had unreal fps loaded and not the mobile version.

5. When I change weapons besides the error message I get the character holding and displaying multiple weapons.

6. Very poor documentation. You only write the obvious that can be gathered from observation. You don't actually explain or demonstrate anything. There's no tutorials or videos.

7. A very bad product name: Searching for Unreal FPS, even with Unity3D to qualify it brings up Unreal game engine and the asset store link, difficult to sea

8. Claims of good support but why do I have to post to a Unity forum to get it.

I turned to your product because UFPS has gone to a new system that performs very poorly on mobile including in editor in mobile build configuration. I'm trying hard to like your product but I can't believe how poor the available first person shooter packages, namely yours and UCC are.

Andrius32 likes this.
  23. Andrius32

Andrius32

Agree, and I've been waiting for and answers more than week now, even if they said "best support in asset store".
    Between did you tryed drop weapons? You can drop as much as you want. Bullets not destroying on hit and so on...
    Some of these bugs i fixed myself, but could not fix all of them...just cant understand some parts of this code...

24. chakiry80

chakiry80

Hello Guys i just Purchased the UNREAL FPS MOBILE and i found out how to add the mobile controls but i don't know how to add the Trackpad to control camera swiping on Mobile , anyone can help,
    i'll appreciate that.
    Regards

25. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We are working on a major update in which we will fix bugs, improve stability and add new features. You will definitely change your mind after the new update.
    We always try to respond to your messages in less than 3 days, but now there are New Year holidays, so the answers came with a delay.

26. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We always try to respond to your messages in less than 3 days, but now there are New Year holidays, so the answers came with a delay.

27. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We replied on your email.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  28. chakiry80

chakiry80

Thank you , i didn't notice the reply , by the way the Unreal Fps Mobile is Awesome !!!
    one more thing i wanna know if it's possible to integrate "Control Freak" to create more flexible mobile Controls.
    Regards.

29. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We are glad that you liked it, you will help us very much if you leave a review in Asset Store.
    About "Control Freak" we did not use the asset but will gladly help to integrate it system into the Unreal FPS, сontact us by email: infinitedawnts@gmail.com.

30. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS v1.20

Release Notes:
    • Upgraded and improved base Character component (FPController).
    • Upgraded and improved all scripts and components.
    • Added air control for Character.
    • Added the ability simulate forward jump from a standing position.
    • Added three new move state with different speeds: Walk, Run, Sprint.
    • New footsteps sound system supporting terrains.
    • New footstep property asset, now all the sounds of steps can be stored in a separate file.
    • New climb sound property asset, now all the sounds of climb steps can be stored in a separate file.
    • Added system processing type for Crouch system now you can croucing by holding or one press on button.
    • Added system processing type for Tilts system now you can tilt camera by holding or one press on button.
    • Changed Input Manager on default Unity input manager.
    • Upgraded inspector GUI for all components.
    • Rewritten all menu items of Unreal FPS in Unity editor.
    • Added support Unity 2018.3.
    This is not all changes, only some of them, in the next post we will add the changes relate to the weapon system.

This update is very big, we have rewritten a lot of code line, fixed bugs and improved speed and stability.
    Make a backup your project before you install this update.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    FunnyGuy likes this.
  31. gletellier

gletellier

Any ETA release date ?

32. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

While it is difficult to name the exact release date. Because we want to focus on the quality and stability of this update. I can only say that we will announce a date soon.

33. AshyB

AshyB

How's the work going @Tamerlan_S_

I'm curious to try out 1.14 :)

TamerlanShakirov likes this.
  34. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We can't wait to release this update too!
    The update is now at the stage of improving the stability of the work, also we rewrited the editor interface in the new update, it will become even more beautiful and will warn you about all possible errors and offer a solution. So you don't have to search for information in the documentation or ask it!

AshyB likes this.
  35. AshyB

AshyB

Hey @Tamerlan_S_ is there any changes in 1.14 regarding the way the project gets set up initially. For example, I'm looking at importing it into an existing project and I really hate 3rd party assets that want to overwrite all my project settings :p

I much prefer to have a manual that tells me what I need to change myself, like how your documentation specifies the layers.

Or better yet, some assets like Bolt and Rewired have a UI window which takes you step by step and applies the settings as you choose.

TamerlanShakirov likes this.
  36. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Now Unreal FPS won't change the project settings, now you can configure the project through a separate setup assistant.

AshyB likes this.
  37. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Based on your feedback and messages, we have completely rewritten the editor. Most of the fields will have an additional more detailed explanation (when hovering over them with the mouse), also, the editor will notify you if you forget to fill in some field and offer a solution. Added special assistant with which you can setup your project. Special manager window through you can generate a character, weapons, loot weapons, ammo's, ai's and many more else Unreal FPS items.

AshyB likes this.
  38. Cell_Unity

Cell_Unity

Hi, I am at v1.13 of unreal.. no grenade system? Why?? ..
    Grenade throwing is basic need of fps..
    U must first work on grenade throwing.

39. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hi, in version 1.13 it has it implemented through the physics attack system. In the next update it's will be added as a separate system.

40. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS v1.20

Release Notes:
    • Upgraded shooting system.
    • Added new melee attack system.
    • Added new grenade attack system.
    • Added new three shooting mode: Single, Free, Fixed queue.
    • Added new UManager it's large universal manager of Unreal FPS SDK through which you can create Unreal FPS items.
    • Added Project Setup Assistant which will help you set up the project when you first import it.
    • Completely rewritten Editor.
    • Added tooltips for fields when hovering over them with the mouse.
    • Upgraded HUDManager.
    • Upgraded FPSBody component.
    • Upgraded and improved base Character component (FPController).
    • Upgraded and improved all scripts and components.
    • Added air control for Character.
    • Added the ability simulate forward jump from a standing position.
    • Added three new move state with different speeds: Walk, Run, Sprint.
    • New footstep property asset, now all the sounds of steps can be stored in a separate file.
    • New climb sound property asset, now all the sounds of climb steps can be stored in a separate file.
    • Added system processing type for Crouch system now you can croucing by holding or one press on button.
    • Added system processing type for Tilts system now you can tilt camera by holding or one press on button.
    • Upgraded inspector GUI for all components.
    • Rewritten all menu items of Unreal FPS in Unity editor.
    • Added support Unity 2018.3.
    This is not all changes.

This update is very big, we have rewritten a lot of code line, fixed bugs and improved speed and stability.
    Make a backup your project before you install this update.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    TokyoWarfareProject likes this.
  41. uni7y

uni7y

what will be the release date of this 1.20 update? I'm thinking about buying it but don't want to wait long for this update, I understand you first release 1.13 so I'm a bit confused now.

42. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

1.20 will be the next update, just update will be a large. All release notes that we publish refers to the next update.

uni7y likes this.
  43. uni7y

uni7y

BTW any idea when you submit the update?

44. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In the near future we will announce the release date, while I can say that the update is already at the stage of completion.

uni7y likes this.
  45. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

As we said the update will be very large. After the update is released, we will also fully update the documentation and add Runtime API and Editor API with which you can easily create new features or new integrations for Unreal FPS. We also plan to start working with other assets.
    We would like to know what assets from the Asset Store you would like us to integrate in the first place?

46. JJRuizNuevo

JJRuizNuevo

47. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello!

- How it's works the footprint system? I mean, Do I need to do something to my materials to make metal or wood sounds? (in order to can use other scenarios)
    - Sure! You can add any materials, textures and bind any sounds to them!

- A friend using the package told me buttons does not work by standard way if I want to add it. How it's working that?
    - In current version (1.13) Unreal FPS used own Input Manager, so you have to add new buttons through it, it is quite easy to use and its interface is almost no different from the standard Unity Input Manager. However, in the upcoming version that will be released very soon, we returned to the standard Unity Input Manager.

48. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We are pleased to announce that the update is almost ready and will soon appear in the
    Asset Store!

LiangYun1980 and FunnyGuy like this.
  49. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS v1.20
    • Editor
      • Completely rewritten and impoved Editor source code.
      • Added Project Setup Assistant which will help to set up the project.
      • Project Verifier it will check the project and if the project is not configured it will notify you to offer to configure it.
      • UProject Manager it's global manager through which you will be able to create various elements (Player, Weapons, AI and ect.), install integrations(Mobile, Multiplayer and ect.), customize the editor interface, MenuItems and etc.
      • Added tooltips to almost every field.
      • Added buttons for automatic search of elements.
      • And many more improvements
    • Runtime
      • Cleaned and improved all source code.
      • Upgraded and improved FPController.
      • Upgraded and improved Shooting System.
      • Upgraded and improved Reloading System.
      • Upgraded and improved Weapon Animation System.
      • Upgraded and improved FPInventoty System.
      • Upgraded and improved FPHealth.
      • Upgraded and improved FPS Body System.
      • New AI System [Beta], now AI dynamically change position and crouch during battle, reloading weapon and more.
      • New Melee Attack System.
      • New Throw Attack System (can be used to create grenade, bow and ect.).
      • New three shooting mode: Single, Free, Queue.
      • New HUD Manager.
      • New air control for Character.
      • New the ability simulate forward jump from a standing position.
      • New three move state with different speeds: Walk, Run, Sprint.
      • New system processing type for Crouch system now you can croucing by holding or one press on button.
    • Other
      • Unreal FPS 1.20 support: All versions including sub-versions (Unity 5.6, Unity 2017, Unity 2018).
      • Documentation will be completely rewritten.
      • Will be added Editor API and Runtime API.
    We recommend installing this update all Unreal FPS users.
    Make a backup your project before you install this update!

50. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

Just curious do i need to use Unreal FPS for multiplayer or should i get the Unreal FPS Multiplayer?