Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unreal FPS - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TamerlanShakirov, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Upgrade Unreal FPS to a version of Unity

Poll closed Apr 19, 2019.
  1. Leave Unity 5.6.0 and higher.

11.5%
  2. Unity 2017.1.0 and higher.

5.8%
  3. Unity 2018.1.0 and higher.

13.5%
  4. Unity 2018.3.0 and higher.

51.9%
  5. Unity 2019.1.0 and higher.

17.3%
  1. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

It is necessary to increase the resolution of the render texture. It is adjustable in the settings, we chose the best option to not load the system.

2. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

All weapons have different aiming speeds. We have never noticed any bugs in the aiming. You can shoot the screen and send us to the mail and we will fix the problem.

3. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We have completely updated the documentation, it has become much more extensive!

4. VirtueRL

VirtueRL

But how can you adjust the aiming speeds of the weapons? Give me steps and directions so I know how to do it.

5. VirtueRL

VirtueRL

How come I add 2 slots in my Inventory with Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 hotkeys and select None as the weapon for them, and then I disable the Assault Rifle in the FP Camera and I play my game and it shows my hands like it should, and then I go to pick up a rifle and then a pistol and it lets me but when I switch back to the rifle it disappears, and it does the same for the pistol too, like it doesn't save.

And you should also fix the bug for when you are swapping out a weapon, it doesn't spawn the weapon on the floor when your swapping, its weird.

I kinda like the old inventory system better, with the amount of space.

6. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Select weapon in hierarchy → open Animation tab → Select Zoom In/Out animation → change samples value, the lower the value the higher the speed.

7. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Okay, we will fix it.

8. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We will think about adding different inventory systems in the next update.

9. VirtueRL

VirtueRL

Never mind, keep it, I fixed it lol, Im an idiot, I forgot to name the Groups lol, DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!!!

10. VirtueRL

VirtueRL

Im sorry I keep spamming this forum with suggestions, but I guess that's what it's for, I noticed you have an On Dead Event, I was wondering if you can also add a On Kill Event for my necessary game purposes.

11. malgren

malgren

Is it possible to get a refund for this package? It seems to work but it was not what i was expecting at all, and I would very, very much appreciate a refund for the pack! Thanks,
    /Malgreen

12. VirtueRL

VirtueRL

Um I have a problem, I installed the Photon Multiplayer plugin, and I restarted my Unity to make sure it was loaded in correctly, after I did that I go into the Addons folder and into the demo scene to test it and it says Nothing Selected for all the scripts and wont let me play any of the scenes since it says there is an error. Then I have my own scene called Main, and I go to that where all my game really is and I see that it has the same error there too, what do I do?

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/kcjats

13. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Okay, we think about adding event manager.

14. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Ask this question in support (write us an e-mail).

15. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Class names may have been changed, make sure you did not change them.

16. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We have updated the demos, try it!
    If there are any bugs write us.

17. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS Update v1.12f1

Release Notes (Changes possible):
    • Fixed some bugs in Inventory System
    • Fixed Preferences Menu

18. AshyB

AshyB

Hey there @Tamerlan_S_ do you have an up-to-date demo I can download? The one on the store doesn't seem to have all the new features like the FPS body?

By the way, your asset looks pretty good!

19. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We recently updated the demos, try them if you have any questions, write!

20. AshyB

AshyB

21. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

I just tried the demos all right...
    We have updated the demos again, try it!)
    About weapon customization, I think yes, that's good idea, we implement it in future updates.

22. AshyB

AshyB

Ah now that's better. I see, nice.

Whats on the road map for future updates?

23. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Soon we'll post release notes for update v1.13, before release update v1.13 we release small update v1.12f1.

24. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In the next update we will significantly improve the multiplayer. We will begin to completely rewrite its component, there will be an API on which you will be able to write your own game modes!

25. AshyB

AshyB

Nice. I'm going to buy it because of its quality and your commitment to updates :)

TamerlanShakirov likes this.
  26. AshyB

AshyB

Couple of things I've noticed so far....

Your standalone controller input is perfect. Within 5 minutes I have Rewired in with my xbox one controller and everything working. Being able to inherit and override the methods is the best way. I like how simple and straight forward and clean your standalonecontroller.cs is. I did notice that the horizontal and vertical axis seems to be just all or nothing (-1, 0, 1) no matter how much I push on the joystick. Most likely because you designed it for keyboard.. there's probably a setting here somewhere that I haven't found yet. I also deleted the input manager from the scene since I didn't seem to need it.

The body animations need more work. If you jump while running and land, the animation will keep running even though your standing still. Same goes for strafing, the body just slides left and right sometimes. Not an issue in first person, but I hope to see it work all nice and neat with multiplayer... :).

Tilt is really nice, though I think the default settings in the demo don't do it justice. I hope the multiplayer characters will also tilt around corners, could use an animation or just IK there..

Your weapon sway is really nice and smooth.

Holding the assault rifle and picking up the shotgun causes a dozen errors about animation transitions.

Grabbing objects and walking around makes the grabbed object very jerky.

Add a prone state with animations.

The audio source on the player is set to 2D and not 3D? I just changed it to 3D... I assume its 2D so you can hear the footsteps and such clearer? Though I didn't really notice a difference when I changed it to 3D.

Aim down sights need an option to make the player move slower. Maybe have this on the weapon itself, because you might be able to walk faster aiming down the sights of a pistol.. but you would move very slowly aiming down the sights of the rocket launcher for example.

Can't get the knife to work at the moment... probably my fault, I'll keep playing with it. It's a child of all the weapons in the right hand...? Do I need to create it as a new weapon or just add it to the inventory?

You could use a "pull back" animation when you get too close to a wall. So instead of the gun just pointing straight at it, have the character pull it up. Would add just a bit more professionalism to the asset.

There's no grenade throw animation? The grenade just shoots straight out, the arms look like they just shrug and the grenade flings out lol

Add a depth of field effect to the aim down sights. So it blurs out the area outside of the reticle/scope, so when your aiming your not really focusing on whats happening around you, just what your pointing your gun at.

Is there a "select next weapon/previous weapon" inputs?

As mentioned before, have a weapon customization framework. Such as adding/removing scopes, silencers .etc Doesn't have to have an in-game working UI for it.. just the framework alone so we can call methods to do it would be fine.

Add a penetration stat to the weapons, so it can penetrate through different materials. It could share the same kind of framework you have for the footstep materials.. so bullets might go straight through wood materials with a penetration rate of 50, but not through concrete .etc

When you equip a weapon, pressing the same button again should unequip it. So you have bare hands, press 1, draw pistol... press 1 again put pistol away, have bare hands again.

Be able to melee hit with the weapons, so when you run out of ammo in multiplayer you can still hit them with the butt of the weapon.

Crouch and run need an option to make it press and hold or toggle on/off. Trying to hold a button on a gamepad to crouch or run while fighting is hard, toggle would be better in this situation.

All in all, pretty good so far. And it seems to be a lot smoother than the demo on the store.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  27. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Thank you for your feedback, we would be very happy if you leave it in the asset store.

As for the multiplayer, as already written on the main page: multiplayer still on the pre-alpha version and there is available basic functions. One as I said in the next update we plan to greatly improve it and add an API.

28. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

GetAxis(string name) - The value will be in the range -1...1 for keyboard and joystick input. If the axis is setup to be delta mouse movement, the mouse delta is multiplied by the axis sensitivity and the range is not -1...1.

GetAxisRaw(string name) - The value will be in the range -1...1 for keyboard and joystick input. Since input is not smoothed, keyboard input will always be either -1, 0 or 1. This is useful if you want to do all smoothing of keyboard input processing yourself.

29. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

You can create unlimited different controllers, just:
    1) Create new script
    2) Extend your new created class from InputManager
    3) Override main functions (your code editor will do this automatically) and implement them
    4) Add this controller on the Player

30. Enki-Studios

Enki-Studios

Will the swimming method be correctly implemented in the next update?
    Thanks.

31. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

That's possible

32. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Good idea, we add this feature in the next update.

33. unicat

unicat

With mousewheel ? Have wished this long time ago :)
    Maybe with keys too.

34. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Yes, of course, this function was delayed because we have completely updated the inventory.

35. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

If you want you can send us your controller and we will add it as a plugin to the asset

36. unicat

unicat

Crouching seems wrong here. The feets are going over the players head if i look up and crouch.

37. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

You can adjust the squat system in more detail. More information you can get in documentation sections: 3.2.1 and 3.2.5.

38. MisterMason

MisterMason

What route should I take in order to implement this into my solution of DarkRift Networking 2. Even if you could break down how it needs to be i'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise i'll be scraping through the photon solution trying to put together something that works. Any help greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  39. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS officially support Photon, and in the next update we completely update multiplayer add-on.

40. Firesoft

Firesoft

Hi, hmm this is getting better :)

41. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Of Course!)

Firesoft likes this.
  42. noahx

noahx

Hi,
    Most likely a dumb question but I better ask. I know this is a First Person Shooter platform but, does it offers a 3rd person view as well?
    Thanks

43. BigBombStudios

BigBombStudios

Hey, i wanna know if this asset comes with pre-built multiplayer. I am not very good at photon, and was wondering if i could load a scene, build it, send it to my friends, and my friends could connect.

44. musolo

musolo

Hi! Do you have mobile demo? Are there mobile controlls implemented?
    I noticed you use RenderTexture applied to optics. It`s performance killer on mobile unfortunately. Are there any other ways to implement optics? Can i have different zoom values for different weapons(let`s say for acog it`s x4 and for sniper scope it`s x10.
    i have UFPS and it won`t allow for different zoom for different weapons. It`s a pain to bring your configured player prefab in next scene.
    Doyou plan to make videotutorials?
    Thanks.

45. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Soon will released Third Person Character Engine and Unreal TPS, I think in the next updates we will add 3rd view.

46. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In the next update as we said, we completely upgrade multiplayer and after this update we will add multiplayer demo.

47. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

The mobile version is not as differ from the standard version, the only difference is the buttons on the screen.
    Yes mobile controls implemented, you just should choose control component for the player.
    Yes at the moment scope system use RenderTexture, but we will certainly add another system.
    It's good idea at the moment, we are looking for YouTube artist to create video lessons.

48. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Unreal FPS v1.12f1

Release Notes (Changes possible):
    • Fixed some bugs in Inventory System
    • Fixed Preferences Menu
    • Fixed Health System
    • Fixed Regeneration System

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  49. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

The update 1.12f1 will be sent to asset store next week, it will be followed by the update 1.13 in which there will be a large number of new features!

Shodan0101 likes this.
  50. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

nice system. it was very simple to understand the logic and add some new features, like 1 camera setup and true shadows at weapon.
    is there are any way to edit camera shake while shooting at inspector? i want to decrase value a bit.

Shodan0101 and TamerlanShakirov like this.