Search Unity

[Unreal Engine 4] Request to have a documentation article for Unreal Engine 4 users

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by asperatology, May 24, 2015.

1. asperatology

asperatology

Epic has created an official documentation for Unity developers in migrating to Unreal Engine 4.

I am an Unreal Engine 4 developer just starting to jump into Unity 5 for pedagogical reasons. I am looking around in the Unity documentation and found no specific article for Unreal Engine 4 developers migrating to Unity 5. I even checked using Google, but I see no results about it except for the Epic doc article linked above.

May I request for an official documentation for Unreal Engine 4 developers migrating to Unity 5, that tells of pros and cons of Unity compared to Unreal Engine 4, the differences between the two, comparisons between adding meshes and AnimBlueprints with Unity scripting and whatnot, and so on?

If declined, I guess I will have to start learning from ground zero for Unity... But I don't feel like learning lots and lots and lots of Unity tutorials... Oh well.

Thanks in advance.

2. proandrius

proandrius

Unity Technologies

Hi, You can still read that document just other way around. If I make such a document the content would look pretty similar. We also have great channel on youtube that shows lots of great tips and tutorials. :)

liortal likes this.
  3. asperatology

asperatology

But the article puts more emphasis on Unreal Engine 4, and left off a lot of Unity stuffs that screenshots would do far better than texts and explanations.

I request that there needs to be an article that puts emphasis on Unity, with Unity screenshots, explaining components and packages (which aren't covered in the Unreal Engine 4 article), and other things that we can easily get confused about, such as the lack of visual blueprinting, animation rigging in Unity, and quick references, such as compound game objects in Unity being structurally different from UE4 compound blueprints.

The only useful section I found is the Quick Glossary compiled in the article for UE4 -> Unity developers. It immediately shows to the user the matching terms, and that helps immensely for those who wanted to do a Quick Start.

proandrius likes this.
  4. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

I think the documentation works vice versa as well. If you see it all is in unity you this in unreal it is that. I am not sure still