Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unpacking nested prefabs not unpacking child component references

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by Phedg1, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Phedg1

Phedg1

I have a series of nested prefabs I was attempting to use in my game. Long story short, I couldn't use them as nested prefabs, I needed to use them as scenes instead. So I've created new scenes, dragged one prefab into each scene and unpacked them. This was done with the intention that I was going to delete the nested prefabs because they would be no longer needed.

Some of the prefabs I had nested in my parent prefabs had a component containing a list to all the mesh renderers that make up the object. After unpacking the parent prefab in its new scene I found that these references to mesh renderers on the child prefabs do not point to the mesh renderes in this scene, but rather their counterparts in the parent prefab. I don't want to have to rebuild my scenes from the ground up again, not using the parent prefab at all. How can I fix this?

It doesn't matter what the component is, it is effecting all of my scripts.

2. runevision

runevision

Unity Technologies

Sounds like a bug. Internal references within a Prefab are preserved when I try to unpack a Prefab here, so we'll need a bug report with repro project and repro steps to be able to investigate.

unityunity