Search Unity

UNOShader UNLIT - Property toggler inside the material editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by RodneyO, May 11, 2015.

1. MinhDao

MinhDao

The shader looking darker. I haven't tested lightmaps yet.
    So I switch to version 1.61 and try to fix lightmaps issue. I change
    Code (CSharp):
    1. resultRGB.rgb *= resultRGB*Lightmap.rgb;
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. resultRGB.rgb *= Lightmap.rgb;
    and lightmaps look better. Could I change it for all shader source?

Thank you!

2. RodneyO

RodneyO

yes that is the correct lightmap fix. so you can do it manually. for 1.61

- The other thing you might want to mess with is the new falloff slider, have it all the way down to not have any shading happening across the surface so more like a true unlit. The falloff up just allows shading across the surface from the the directional light if.. that makes sense.

3. AngelusDarkness

AngelusDarkness

Hi Rodney! Thanks for your advice! You point us in the right direction, we used color space linear before and changed to gamma and worked well. I don't know why exactly but i'm happy is working now since we're going to release the game soon.

If you're going to GDC i would love to buy you a beer, just send me a email to pablo.navajas@3ogs.com.ar!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

4. RodneyO

RodneyO

Nice man! glad that is working and yes I will be at GDC, I'm down for a beer we should meet up. Out of curiosity are you coming down all the way from Argentina? Yo naci en Bolivia y tengo curiosidad en game development en sudamerica, charlemos te mando un email.

5. r618

r618

Hi @RodneyO ,
    I've no issues with the shader, but would you consider the package to be project placement independent ?
    e.g. I'd like to keep asset store junk packages in Plugins whenever possible, but in this case custom inspector refuses to load:
    It also does not help that the editor stuff is distributed as a dll - is there any reason for that ?
    Thanks!

6. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Hi RodneyO, I wanted to ask about the Metal compatibility on iOS. avrigus asked this:

"Just wondering if UNOShader works for iOS Metal. I've used it throughout my game and it seems to be throwing warnings in Xcode that it's not compatible."

Did you get a chance to look at this, is it even an issues?

Regards,
    Tom

7. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Hello,

I've tested the shader on iPad 2 (I know it's an old device but if I can support it...). In any case, taking into consideration that this shader is Physics Based shader it performs really well. I see very close figures between this shader and the Unity "Mobile/Unlit (Supports Lightmap) on the amount of time spend on the CPU, virtually the same. GPU also is very close. Taking into consideration this UNO shader is based on the 2.0 model this is great.

When I fire up the same build on a newer iPad though - that supports METAL - I see this message in the Xcode when the game begins to run:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'UNOShader/_Library/UNLIT/UNOShaderUNLIT Color Diffuse ' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader

Rodney, do you have any idea why this is happening. If there is some debug info you need from me please let me know. I would very much like to see this warning go away. At this point I'm not sure what happens on the newer iPad, the game still runs but what shader is being used? I would have to look into frame debugger to figure it out, but figured I would post first.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Tom

8. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

@RodneyO

I asked you about support for iOS Metal back in January and still have no response. Other people on this forum have asked this question over a month ago with no response. Have you abandoned development of this asset?

I used UNO unlit extensively in my first game and experienced random crashes late in development. I discovered this was due to using Metal on iOS while using this shader. I was so far into development that replacing every instance of the shader with a Metal compatible shader would take far too long so I had to drop Metal support.

While I love the look of this shader I am extremely unhappy with your lack of support. Please listen to your customers!

JesterGameCraft likes this.
  9. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Are there any further updates planned on this shader in the future?

10. ozgurhazar

ozgurhazar

Which feature has best performance at your shader? Can you sort them?
    Decal,Reflection,Rim,Emission,Outline ...?

11. Bentoon

Bentoon

@RodneyO Thanks for the amazing work - I am in need of a Toon Shader that is also Unlit. Here's my situation / Using unlit shaders for Google TiltBrush and Oculus Quill (I can post if you need) so All the stokes merge but I also want a toon effect around the model as well... I was happy to find your shader but not sure it will work for this... Any ideas?

Thanks
    ~be

12. sandstedt

sandstedt

I'm having some problems with the shadows generated from this shader. They get's all jagged. Any idea how to solve it?

Attached Files: