Search Unity

Unnamed Project - From the start - KajiA Dev

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Kaji-Atsushi, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Kaji-Atsushi

Kaji-Atsushi

Hello,

I'm gonna begin a game project that I hope to be releasing to the mobile market in a several months...I suppose, we can call this my first truly real shot at developing a game (Though I have tricked myself into thinking that I've done that before for past failed projects, they were rather ambitious in the art department, sadly I had no art department to get even close to finishing the art required).

I'll be sharing my game development process from start to (hopeful) finish…

Feel free to follow my blog at kajiadev.wordpress.com or follow me on twitter @kajiatsushi.

2. Kaji-Atsushi

Kaji-Atsushi

Update:

Came up with a simple game, with a ever so slightly unique game mechanic...I hope.

Now the idea isn’t fully complete at all. But I think the interaction I want is mostly there.

Basically what it is is a bungee-string, which a character rolls upon. To move the character you control the string via multi-touch. Think of it as a virtual guitar string…or bungee string.

Now I see a possible problem in controlling the launch direction of the character…I’ll have to work out the details.

Game Objective: Unknown

Possible Character characteristics: Fizzling evaporating, (If it doesn’t collect matter it’ll die).

The game idea is rather incomplete. Hopefully, I can fill in the details of it soon.

3. Kaji-Atsushi

Kaji-Atsushi

Update:

As you can see my character is on this slingshot like it’s the ground, manipulated by the angle of the line and being flung around by it when pulled and released. As of yet this is only a SINGLE-TOUCH pull. I want to be able to pull at multiple points on the line. That’s where things get more tedious and difficult, along with other things….

Here's a video of one of my first of MANY attempts to get an 2D elastic string of my liking...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CDBVR7zUMAAzuEu.mp4
    The first few glitchy seconds appeared to have actually been caused by twitter-uploading glitch....

If anyone body has some tips on making a 2D elastic string that can interact with other rigidbodies, feel OH SO VERY FREE to drop them by here. I've been cranking away trying to perfect my 2d elastic string to my liking with much disappointment and failure.