Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unnamed Game: Good Idea? WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by peakdap24, Feb 23, 2012.

?

Rate My Game Idea

1. 1: This idea sucks!

25.0%
  2. 2: Doesn't suck but, its not good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3: Okay :/

25.0%
  4. 4: Good but, I wouldn't buy it.

37.5%
  5. 5: Great! I want to buy it!

12.5%
  1. peakdap24

peakdap24

Story
    The protagonist is T.I.M. (Technologically Incredible Machine). T.I.M. is a robot but, he's not technologically incredible. He has insomnia but, also has narcolepsy. This causes problems with his social life and health.
    He always wanted to be normal and one day he planned to find the robot that made him to be fixed. The journey is difficult with insomnia and narcolepsy but T.I.M. meets new friends and discovers more about himself.

Gameplay
    Narcolepsy causes T.I.M. to sleep randomly but, when he sleeps he dreams about his environment. In "Sleep Mode" T.I.M. sees clues that foreshadow the future.When he sleeps he also has nightmares and everything is hostile or homicidal.

Gameplay Mechanics
    "Unnamed Game" is a 3D platform game. Like the Little Big Planet games, there is a 'Foreground Middleground and Background' and characters and objects are 3D.

The player moves on the foreground left and right (and up). There are objects on the foreground that the player interacts with (jumping over, pushing, pulling etc.)

The middleground is more objects but, the player doesn't fully interact with it. Tree branches might reach the foreground and the players can interact with anything in the foreground.

The background is the sky and horizon and the player does not interact with it.

Gameplay Mechanics Continued
    This game is a platform game but not like Mario or Little Big Planet because those games have levels or worlds. My game is one big real time adventure with day and night like a RPG.

Player Gameplay Mechanics
    T.I.M. walks left and right and jumps. He has the ability to move things magnetically and also has a jetpack but its broken like most of his "Incredible Technology". Example: Robots are vulnerable to water and when it rains most robot have a waterproof system that protects them water. T.I.M. does not have this waterproofing system. When it rains he needs to find a solution to walking in rain.

Developer Information
    I didn't think of a company name but, i'm one person and I'm an artist and I'm self teaching myself how to program games in blender. I'm working on mostly art now and I'll upload pictures later. I'm also making the music and sounds in the game. And I'm starting a video blog on Youtube and a website/blog.

What do you think about my game?

2. Fishermen

Fishermen

i think that the idea has potential.
    if you can pull it off right i bet that it's gonna be one of those games you get easily addicted too. i look forward to see the results.

3. peakdap24

peakdap24

Thanks for the comment. Please rate in the poll.

4. Zhosay

Zhosay

You can't decide based on a Story/Gameplay if you would buy a game. Every "Zombie shooter/surrivle/rpg/fps" sounds nice to me as I like zombie themes but only 1 out of 200 games I would really spent a penny for.

How is it? Yes the Idea is fine.

Would I buy it? Start working and impress people with pictures and videos then they may buy it. Or even:

5. peakdap24

peakdap24

I know I need pictures and videos. I'll upload the art and I'm making a gameplay mechanics prototype.

6. SevenBits

SevenBits

Sounds like a neat concept. It may turn out to be a really addicting game like Fishermen said.