Search Unity

Unnable to lightmap mixed light on the scene

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by KELRY_, Nov 4, 2021.

1. KELRY_

KELRY_

Hi!

I'm trying to bake a lightmap for a unity 3d scene with ~18 light sources. All lights set to mixed mode. I want to bake them into a lightmap. When i set lighting mode to shadowmask in light settings everything works just fine, however not all light sources are being baked. Some of them stay in a realtime mode. After that i read that shadowmask bakes only 4 light sources. Later, i changed shadowmask mode to a subtractive, but in my case with subtractive mode whole scene became dark - just like it had no light sources at all. I tried these methods with lightmapper setting set to Progressive GPU (preview). When i change it to Enlighten, lightmap starts to bake normaly, but in an awful quality.

Settings:
    1.PNG

Result:
    2.PNG

I tried to follow different tutorials and reading related articles, however i wasn't able to solve this issue. What is the problem here? What am i doing wrong? Which settings should i change? I simply need to bake about 18 mixed point light sources to a lightmap.

Could anybody help me, please? :c

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

It could be a multitude of reasons. From the looks of it, it could be either due to low sample counts, or invalid texels. I would suggest inspecting your scene with various scene debug views. Start with the texel validity view. If you'd happen to see a lot of red (invalid) texels, follow this forum post on how to fix it.

While working on the scene, start with a single light source first, and add more as you go. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

Let us know how it goes.