Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

Unnable to lightmap mixed light on the scene

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by KELRY_, Nov 4, 2021.

1. KELRY_

KELRY_

Hi!

I'm trying to bake a lightmap for a unity 3d scene with ~18 light sources. All lights set to mixed mode. I want to bake them into a lightmap. When i set lighting mode to shadowmask in light settings everything works just fine, however not all light sources are being baked. Some of them stay in a realtime mode. After that i read that shadowmask bakes only 4 light sources. Later, i changed shadowmask mode to a subtractive, but in my case with subtractive mode whole scene became dark - just like it had no light sources at all. I tried these methods with lightmapper setting set to Progressive GPU (preview). When i change it to Enlighten, lightmap starts to bake normaly, but in an awful quality.

Settings:
    1.PNG

Result:
    2.PNG

I tried to follow different tutorials and reading related articles, however i wasn't able to solve this issue. What is the problem here? What am i doing wrong? Which settings should i change? I simply need to bake about 18 mixed point light sources to a lightmap.

Could anybody help me, please? :c

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

It could be a multitude of reasons. From the looks of it, it could be either due to low sample counts, or invalid texels. I would suggest inspecting your scene with various scene debug views. Start with the texel validity view. If you'd happen to see a lot of red (invalid) texels, follow this forum post on how to fix it.

While working on the scene, start with a single light source first, and add more as you go. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

Let us know how it goes.

unityunity