Search Unity

Feedback Unmute/Mute mixer group API

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by empika, Feb 14, 2020.

1. empika

empika

Hallo,

Please can we have script access to Solo, Mute and Bypass buttons on mixer groups.

I often mute music/sfx because I do not want to listen to the game audio on repeat for the entire development cycle, i'd go nuts!
    When I come to create a build I'll often forget to unmute the mixer and create a build with no audio, this is super annoying and has caused me to waste a lot of time. If i could toggle this from script I could just throw it in my build script and never have to think about i again. It would also make muting stuff in game a tad easier too.

Is there a good reason these settings have never been exposed?

Thanks

2. ajaykewat

ajaykewat

There is toggle switch in scene view and game view to play audio Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 4.59.40 PM.png and Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 4.59.29 PM.png

3. ExtraCat

ExtraCat

That has nothing to do with the ability to mute groups from code. Something, to my today's great surprise, unity cannot do unlike many other simpler engines.

4. FireHawkX

FireHawkX

Sorry to revive this thread, but after a couple of hours searching, its one of the most recent on the subject...
    How is this still not done? I've found threads from 2012 asking for this to be added...

I have a Master Mixer, and 3 Groups (SFX, Music, Ambiant)... like ANY actual decent game out there, I want to have volume sliders for each (done)... and a toggle button to mute any of them... I can mute the groups in the editor, but not at runtime using script?

I found a workaround to backup the current volume in a variable that is saved, set the volume of the group to -80... and if the mute toggle is unchecked set back the actual backup'ed volume... then repeat that for all 3 groups...

This seems like a much complicated workaround to do something that should be really simple!!