Search Unity

Resolved Unlit mesh particles have dulled colors in scene and game view.

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by PowerJake, Jun 24, 2021.

1. PowerJake

PowerJake

I am making a simple fire particle effect out of cubes and I am having trouble with the colors. I picked some bright fire colors, and they appear correct in the scene view, but they are very dull in the scene view. Here is a screenshot of my graph, the dull scene view colors, and the preview window.

upload_2021-6-23_16-59-8.png

I want to use unlit I think, since fire shouldn't be receiving shadows, but when I switch to lit they look a lot closer to the preview. Any idea what is dulling the colors? Thanks!

2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Hey! This seems to be caused due to Post-Processing, you can disable it in the Control Bar of the Scene View or disable Post-process Volume GameObject in the Hierarchy and see if anything changes.

Cheers!
    8FD1U2mthJ.gif iY90HgHhrW.gif

PowerJake likes this.
  3. PowerJake

PowerJake

That did the trick, thanks!

Attached Files:

Vita- likes this.
  4. PowerJake

PowerJake

I am using the hdrp VolumeGlobal (the default volume in the hdrp template package) right now. Do you know what post processing effect might be causing this? I can't seem to get it to go away.

5. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Heya! Was pretty sure it was URP, heh. Just tried to disable Tonemapping and Bloom in HDRP Settings and it seems to work fine. Let me know, if I can answer any further questions ;) 1K8txqIUUg.gif

PowerJake likes this.