Search Unity

Unlink Unity workspace from plastic Repository

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by faziii, May 14, 2022.

1. faziii

faziii

I have a project which were prevsiouly associated with a project on plastic SCM now i want to remove it's association form the project and want to assign him new project on cloud. How it is possible ? where plastic save its config setting related to repository?
    I try to remove the plastic SCM package then and reinstall it. But it still picking the old associated project?

2. Sravzz

Sravzz

Unity Technologies

Hi, You can achieve this by using the "Turn Off Plastic SCM for Unity" option in the cog menu of the Plastic SCM window. This will delete the .Plastic folder from your local project but it will not delete your repository on a cloud server. You can do that from the Plastic Cloud dashboard.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 11.35.05 AM.png

From here you will be able to create a new Plastic Workspace.

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

The Unity Project ID is not tied to the Plastic SCM repository, it is stored in a file (ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset), if you wish to change this ID you can do this via the Settings tab within the Service menu (Window > General > Services)

Hope this helps!

4. RemDust

RemDust

Hey there.

I'm really desperate !
    I need to get rid off of a Workspace linked to a project and nothing seems to work :(

I duplicated the project, switched plastic scm to OFFLINE mode in the settings tab, I even deleted ProjectSettings.asset (which screwed up a lot of packages) but without any effect on my project being linked to an old workspace !!! I deleted an asset called VersionControlSettings.asset, removed plastic scm from my packages... Good lord it was easier to beat Dark Souls 1 blindfolded -_-

I just want a clean new start. When I try to create a new repo and a new workspace for this Unity Project in plastic scm app, the workspace can't be created because this old one exists SOMEWHERE in this project...

Please help me get rid of it !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  5. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

A workspace is a local copy you have of repository.

I would suggest downloading and using the full Plastic SCM Cloud Edition client, as this gives you the option to manage and delete your local workspaces.

Hope this helps!

6. starlprd

starlprd

@RemDust i was facing similar problem if you still face this problem or anyone in future you can just open project folder and turn on hidden items. afterwards deleting ".plastic" works. it will disconnect the current project from plasticSCM and opening project will show option to create new repo. upload_2023-7-5_17-34-17.png
    upload_2023-7-5_17-34-34.png

AlonMixed and RemDust like this.
  7. RemDust

RemDust

Thanks for jumping in, I actually tracked down this little hidden file myself.
    I should have auto answer my thread though... =)

Crazy thing is the hidden stuff is at the base of the project folder, which was so surprising... I deleted EVERY folders one by one and got left with just the project folder that still weighted "a few Mo", that was the "wow moment" :(
    And not a funny one.

8. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi, if you are using the Plastic GUI, you can delete a workspace from the "Workspaces" list view. If you are just using the Version Control plugin, deleting the ".plastic" workspace metadata folder is the easiest solution.

anakna likes this.