Search Unity

"Unlimited" - The Android app that can do it all! (Notepad, Internet, Texting, Time/Date, etc.)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by pauldelacrz, Jun 3, 2016.

1. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, guys! I just thought now would be a pretty good time to share with you the current progress of my new app, Unlimited!

Reason For The Name: The name is short, simple, easily to look up, and it also describes just what my app is capable of: unlimited functionality! I think it also has a very classy, sleek, and modern vibe to it if properly branded.

App's Overall Concept: The app will be able to provide the user with a variety of functions- notebook, text messaging, search, and much more. Another major feature that I'm planning on integrating onto my app would be a point system that rewards you the more time you spend on the app and you will be able to earn more points by playing the minigames inside the app.

Inspiration Behind Concept: I'm not going to lie, a big part of what motivated me to come up with this idea was its potential for substantial revenue from Admob advertisements. When I checked my Admob account, I noticed that I got a small chunk of change from the number of times my ads was showing, even when they weren't being clicked on. I have to make my app addicting to some extent, but I didn't want it to take away from the everyday lives of users so I decided to make it become as practical as possible through its many useful functions.

What I Want Constructive Feedback On: My app is still a work in progress and I want to add features that I think will be pretty cool but I want to have a more unbiased perspective on what features would be really good to have. A couple of my friends have told me that it resembles what an operating system already does except that it has ads and has to be downloaded so I wanted to come up with some unique selling points that highlights its distinct advantages in that regard.

Screenshot of Current Progress

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

OK - this is a good one.
    Why would I use your app when my phone/tablet already has all the functionality your app provides?
    How does your app benefit me?

bgivenb likes this.
  3. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, thanks for the response. After much reflection, I have come up with a couple of things that I found to be big advantages over what your phone/tablet already provides.
    • Seamless Transitions Inbetween Programs
    • Instantaneous Program Loading Times
    • Saves around 40% more Battery on AMOLED Screens (Pitch-Black Colors)
    • Possible Gamelike Progression System (Self-Building City, Self-Growing Plants) <Still In-Progress>
    In addition, every time I add new functionalities to my app, it takes away the need to download a new app that isn't already installed into your device. For example, you don't have to waste time searching and downloading a flashlight app or a notepad app if I manage to get it integrated to my current build. It also saves a lot of storage space because a lot of apps have a baseline file size. Let's say for example the baseline file size for a typical app made in Unity is 10mb:

Flashlight = 10mb (baseline) + 5mb (flashlight functionality)
    Notepad = 10mb (baseline) + 4mb (notepad functionality)
    Mobile Game = 10mb (baseline) + 10mb (graphics processing)
    15mb (flashlight app) + 14mb (notepad app) + 20mb (mobile game) = 49mb TOTAL for Multiple Apps

Unlimited = 10mb (baseline) + 5mb (flashlight functionality) + 4mb (notepad functionality) + 10mb (minigames graphics processing) = 29mb TOTAL for Unlimited app

4. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

By the way, guys I am aware that my app still needs a lot of work with regards to unique selling points, but I am very much open to any ideas that you all can come up with to help me out. Here are some things that I have come up with so far that might be useful with the programs that I've already integrated. Please tell me which ones sound useful so far:
    • The user can assign webpages onto icons or colored buttons and click on them later if they ever want to access that particular webpage. They can change the URL icon assignments at any time.
    • There's an option to show both the web browser program and the notepad program at the same time, allowing the user to take notes on view websites simultaneously.
    • The user is able to capture in-app screenshots when web browsing and note-taking simultaneously or separately. (I checked the Google Chrome app and it didn't look like it had this feature so far.)
    • A list of premade text messages where you can click the button and it will set that as the next message you send when you open the messaging program on this app.

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

This sounds like a pretty cool feature.
    Take my feedback lightly - I'm still sporting a 4s :)

6. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, thanks for the response! I'll consider making the screenshot capturing feature a part of my app now. What did you think of the option to show both the web browser program and the notepad program at the same time, allowing the user to take notes and view websites simultaneously?

P.S. What did you mean by sporting a 4s? Do you mean you're using the iPhone 4S?

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yeah - iphone 4s. We have a top o the line samsung as well but I just wanted to let you know where my experience with modern mobile machines is at.
    The split screen feature sounds like a nice useful feature.

8. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Thanks for the feedback, man! I will try to put that feature into my app and I will let you know (with screenshots) how it looks later on when I get it to work