Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unless I activate a duplicated object or prefab on runtime, it wont behave as the original

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AndersWR, Jul 25, 2021.

1. AndersWR

AndersWR

If I duplicate my Active ragdoll Gameobject, the duplicated version behaves a little differently. If I duplicate the duplicated version, the 2nd duplicate seems to work as the original again. I did this 40 times, (always duplicating the last duplicate) and duplicate 1,3,5,7,9 etc. will behave differently, while 2,4,6,8,10 will behave as the original. All the way down to 40.

Also if I active or instantiate the duplicate on runtime, it will also behave like the original.

If I make the original into a prefab, and drag those into the scene (not on runtime), they will all behave differently as well, unless I drag them in on runtime.

The transforms look all the same to me, and concidering it gets fixed once I instantiate it I'm thinking the transforms is not the issue, which all looks the same to me.

Could it be related to configurable joints somehow? I re attached all the configurablejoints and it didn't change a thing, checked the anchor points etc.

I've been scrathing my head over this for a couple of weeks now, and although it's not gamebreaking as I can always instantiate on runtime, I need to figure this out so I don't accidently offset my active ragdolls behaviour in the future. So any help is greatly appreciated as I can't seem to figure this one out myself.