Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown Error when trying to load remote assets on Android

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by miikael, Feb 10, 2020.

1. miikael

miikael

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm encountering a bug or if I've done something wrong in setting this up. I built our app through the Cloud Build system with the Build Addressables enabled. I have Use Remote Catalog enabled with the RemoteLoadAddress set as https://myurl.com/[BuildTarget]

I took the Addressables created by the Cloud Build and uploaded them directly into our AWS bucket. Public read access to the bucket also seems to be working just fine.

It's only when running the app from Android that I run into problems. Error message shows the correct url to the asset I want to download, which it had to get through the catalog, but somehow it doesn't even get around to sending a web request.

Everything works just fine when playing in the Editor with the Use Existing Bundles option turned on. Editor seems to download the assets from the CDN and instantiate them just fine.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Enz

Enz

I have the same problem in Android somehow, I'm using a webserver on Local network for the test. With the "Build remote catalog" option It works fine, but for a scenario, I want the game run in offline mode and use its local assets When stop webserver I receive this error too.
    (This scenario works well in the editor)

3. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you all are having trouble. Which version of Package Manager are you using, and which version of the Editor?

4. mango_khan

mango_khan

I am using Unity 2019.2 and package manager 2.2 ( did you mean Addressables version ? which is 1.62, btw. )

5. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

We have a ticket to look into an issue that sounds like what you're posting. Given how much I'm starting to see this I've bumped the priority of that ticket.