Search Unity

Unknown error in AsyncOperation after Build

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Carlosgrr, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Carlosgrr

Carlosgrr

Inside the editor the translations are working regularly, but, whenever I build the project i get a lot of errors, attached are the build screen, console log inside unity screen and the log file with the errors: players.log.

My computer is a Toshiba Laptop running Manjaro Linux x64 - Gnome, i am using Unity 2019.3.10f1 and the localisation package 1.6.1-preview.

Attached Files:

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Did you build the addressable assets? In the addressable group window click Build at the top.

3. Carlosgrr

Carlosgrr

Yes, i believe they were built, but is there any way to be sure? Most of the localization items are grayed on the build screen. Attached is a screenshot of what I guess are the addressable assets.

Attached Files:

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

The error seems to be in the initialization of Addressables. I can't see much else from the screenshots or log. It could be an issue with Linux and Addressables. Could you please file a bug report with a sample project so I can look into it?

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Something worth trying is adding ADDRESSABLES_LOG_ALL to the Scripting Define Symbols field. This would at least provide more info for us.

6. Carlosgrr

Carlosgrr

Indeed you are right, I tried starting a new project with the localization only and not migrating the project from a windows computer, and the locales aren't being generated to begin with... I reported this new problem, using the bug reporter, (Case 1239790) Generate Locales in Linux freezes.

But aside from that I did add the ADDRESSABLES_LOG_ALL to the Scripting Define Symbols, attached is the new Player.log file.

Attached Files:

karl_jones likes this.
  7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Thanks, I'll take a look at btbe bug report.

8. Carlosgrr

Carlosgrr

I just tried the new Localisation package (0.7.1), it seems that I can finally report this bug properly, that previous bug that was happening before reaching this bug was fixed, the locales are being generated inside the Linux, it freezes the Unity during the generation, but after the Unity is restarted they are generated, but now the original problem that was happening is still going strong, I just sent you a new bug report, but with the most pressing problem: the Player not changing the languages. (Case 1260348) Localisation Package doesn't work in Manjaro Linux

karl_jones likes this.