Search Unity

Feedback Unknown dependencies

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Cicaeda, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Cicaeda

Cicaeda

Trying to install an asset from the asset store with no way of figuring what the dependencies are before I agree to install and upgrade them. One of the dependencies turns out to be a package I've brought into my Assets folder and made edits to, so it conflicts and breaks when I agree to Install/Upgrade. As far as I can tell, there's no way to find list of dependencies because the manifest.json isn't accessible, and the dependencies are nowhere to be found in the Package Manager, nor on the asset store page. It seems like a large oversight that you can't pick and choose which dependencies to install and upgrade individually.

2. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

3. Cicaeda

Cicaeda

The manifest.json isn't there, but it's listed on the Asset Store page's Package Contents list under the Packages folder, which is outside the asset's root directory. The asset is Shapes, if you want to use it for testing.

4. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Then the manifest.json should be merged during the asset store import process.

If you can locate the .unitypackage file then try using a tool to extract that file to see dependencies.

Anyway, I agree that the Assets Store import process can optimize the information of dependencies.