Search Unity

UniWeb

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by simonwittber, May 23, 2013.

1. simonwittber

simonwittber

This is very strange! Please email me at simonwittber@differentmethods.com and I will send a working version while we wait for the bug fix to get through to the asset store.

2. simonwittber

simonwittber

Alternatively, just remove the line "using System.Web" from the Utility.cs file, it is unneeded.

3. insanetheta

insanetheta

Hi Simon,

My team has recently switched from WWW to UniWeb and we have noticed a strange issue with monitoring.
    All of the HTTP monitoring programs, such as CharlesProxy and Fiddler have stopped showing the traffic from our app.
    Do you have any idea why this may be?

4. MonkeyPig

MonkeyPig

Hi Simon,

I've been using UniWeb/UniParse for the last few days and all has been going well until today. I tried to construct query of the following nature...
    Code (csharp):
    2.         var leaderboardClass = new ParseClass("/classes/Leaderboard");
    3.         string query = @"limit=1&skip=1";
    4.         m_Leaderboard = leaderboardClass.List (query);
    This produces the following error...

"limit must be integer but was: 1&skip=1"

Running the same query with curl works.

Code (csharp):
    1. curl --raw -v -X GET \
    2.   -H "X-Parse-Application-Id: XXXXXXXXXApp IDXXXXXXXXXXXXX" \
    3.   -H "X-Parse-REST-API-Key: XXXXXXXXXXXX REST API KEY XXXXXXXXXXXXX" \
    4.   -G \
    5.   --data-urlencode 'limit=1' \
    6.   --data-urlencode 'skip=1' \
    7.   [url]https://api.parse.com/1/classes/Leaderboard[/url]
    I'm a Parse/UniWeb newbie and I'm likely doing something wrong. Everything else I've tried with Parse/UniParse/UniWeb has worked just fine. It would appear the problem is only when multiple variables are passed in the URL.

[EDIT] Got a work-around from Simon by email.

To work around this change line
    140 from this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. var r = UniParse.Instance.Request ("GET", query == null ?
    3. string.Format ("{0}", root) : string.Format ("{0}?{1}", root,
    4. HTTP.URL.Encode (query)));
    to this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. var r = UniParse.Instance.Request ("GET", query == null ?
    3. string.Format ("{0}", root) : string.Format ("{0}?{1}", root, query));
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  5. Jon-Eric

Jon-Eric

I think this is because UniWeb is implemented directly on top of raw TCP sockets. (Since it's not using any built-in HTTP functionality, HTTP proxy support doesn't come "for free".)

Simon said he was going to look into the proxy issue on May 31st (his very first reply in this thread), but I haven't seen a follow-up on the issue.

6. rvsarmy

rvsarmy

Hi,

I have UniParse and UniWeb and I'm getting this error message
    Assets/UniParse/Plugins/UniParse.cs(7,14): error CS0519: `UniParse' clashes with a predefined namespace

False alarm I accidentally re-imported UniWeb.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  7. supernat

supernat

Hey Parse users. I am looking to go with UniWeb and UniParse for some pretty basic Android app usage. Is everything stable enough currently to submit and request data using fairly simple queries? The app will run on a wifi network. I have a buddy who is a web/parse expert, and I can't spend a lot of time trying to get an app to work, so I'll either hire him for the work or buy this on Unity. I can't wait around for bug fixes though as I have a strict deadline (don't we all). Just looking for feedback, hard to tell if anyone is successfully using UniParse from this forum, though Simon seems very attentive to the issues.

Thanks,
    Chris

8. Mikael-Spuhl

Mikael-Spuhl

Hey,

I need to use Uniweb's socket.io functionality for a project that is done in 3.5.7 that will be released on IOS. Will Uniweb work on 3.5.7 especially the socket.io?

Thanks
    /Mikael

9. Morishoji

Morishoji

I'm using UniWeb for WebSocket programming.

When my client closing WebSocket like this:

ws.Close(HTTP.WebSocket.CloseEventCode.CloseEventCodeNormalClosure,"");

My server program (running on node.js) calls 'binary message received' callback, not 'socket close'.

I'm checking some codes, and I found that,

StartClosingHandshake in UniWeb/Plugins/WebSocket.cs using Send(byte[]) method,
    but Send() sets OpCodeBinary code, not OpCodeClose.

Then I patched to UniWeb temporary,

outgoing.Add (new OutgoingMessage (OpCode.OpCodeClose, buf.ToArray ()));
    //Send (buf.ToArray ()); // OpCode.OpCodeClose,

Regards.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  10. DarkOverLordQC

DarkOverLordQC

I managed to reproduce the problem. It happens with https and not with http. Ill look into it eventually.

11. DarkOverLordQC

DarkOverLordQC

With stripping enabled.

In Unity 4.1.5 (and maybe other) i could not download an image from a facebook image URL with https

Works: http://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/372183_100002526091955_998385602_q.jpg
    Crash: https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/372183_100002526091955_998385602_q.jpg

I could fix the problem in two different ways.
    Either adding a link.xml with:
    Code (csharp):
    2. <CODE>
    3.     <assembly fullname="mscorlib">
    4.         <type fullname="System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManaged" preserve="all" />
    5.     </assembly>
    6. </linker>
    Or adding adding somewhere in the code of UniWeb:

Code (csharp):
    2.     static void FixAOTStrippingProblem()
    3.     {
    4.         new System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManaged ();
    5.     }
    Second option is better IMO.

12. simonwittber

simonwittber

When you're running charles, what does this line of code output for you?

Code (csharp):
    1. Debug.Log(System.Net.WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy.GetProxy(uri));
    I can't seem to get my system to pick up the proxy settings, which makes it very hard to get working!

FWIW, I've always used socket level monitoring (HTTPScoop on OSX) which is no good for SSL traffic, but fine for plain old http.

13. guru20

guru20

I have not yet tried UniParse / UniWeb, but am considering going this route... [I would like to use a server/db to store scores, user account info, and things like IAP data or deliverable content]

Right now I have one main, primary concern:

Can UniWeb be secured against MITM proxy attacks to intercept/modify packets being sent from a user's own network? (see example here, for how to hack/cheat high scores on Apple Game Center: http://mitmproxy.org/doc/tutorials/gamecenter.html )

14. younity

younity

Hello, will Uniparse be updated soon? Will it support more features? Thanks!

15. strobegen

strobegen

do you have any example how to use cookies in uniweb?

16. sonicviz

sonicviz

I've run into this issue with Fiddler and Uniweb as well.

I have had my app working with http://threesharp.codeplex.com/ using the Fiddler recommendation of (for example)
    ThreeSharpConfig config = new ThreeSharpConfig();
    config.AwsAccessKeyID = awsAccessKeyId;
    config.AwsSecretAccessKey = awsSecretAccessKey;
    //config.IsSecure = false;
    //Fiddler debugging
    config.Proxy = new WebProxy("127.0.0.1", 8888)

Maybe UniWeb needs to support a proxy setting? Or won't that work with the straight sockets approach?
    I need it to monitor HTTPS for testing with AWS

17. strobegen

strobegen

I have same issue with strange behaviour - in some cases requests with same URL has been returned without errors.

Error produced by pages in utf-8 encoding with non-latin characters (but some times is returned valid result (mostly at first request)).

Also I found that without #define USE_KEEPALIVE in Request.cs this error doesn't happened.

( I used latest version, with small patch - I replaced System.Text.Encoding.Default to System.Text.Encoding.UTF8 )

18. gdagley

gdagley

Thanks! I just ran into this today. Working with the server running locally, http://localhost, I never ran into this. But as soon as I started using our remote server I started getting this error. Removing the #define USE_KEEPALIVE worked for me as well.

19. joa-baur

joa-baur

I got the same error when running the "TwoPlayer"-Scripts on my iPhone. According to http://wiki.etc.cmu.edu/unity3d/index.php/Network_issue_on_iOS iOS does not handle the Dns.GetHostEntry/GetHostAddresses() correctly. I us this wrapper for "addresses = Dns.GetHostEntry (localHost).AddressList;" and now everything's fine:

Code (csharp):
    1. IPAddress[] addresses = null;
    2. try {
    3. #if UNITY_IPHONE
    4.     addresses = new IPAddress[] {IPAddress.Parse(UnityEngine.Network.player.ipAddress)};   
    5. #else
    6.     addresses = Dns.GetHostEntry (localHost).AddressList;        
    7. #endif
    8. } catch ...

20. imtrobin

imtrobin

Hi simon, the host in your examples are down or do not have cross domain. Could you fix please.

21. imtrobin

imtrobin

There seems to be a problem with the JsonSerializer.Decode. I'm doing a test, it works fine on floats, string, but always 0 on int.

22. luizbeneton

luizbeneton

Hello simon, any idea why UniParse 2.0 was taken out of the asset store 1 day after it's release?

23. bijou trouvaille_2

bijou trouvaille_2

Hi, Simon, is there documentation posted somewhere? I would like to take a look at the way UniWeb does things before I buy it.

24. NeoProfZ

NeoProfZ

2 Questions:

1. Can I use this plugin on an Android Device?
    2. Can I use it to create a webview with the ability to get the url of the webpage it's displaying.

25. Fragmental

Fragmental

Is there any documentation for this?

26. Fragmental

Fragmental

So, I can use this to make get and put requests? But not if I have the free version of unity, because it doesn't support sockets?

27. haddad

haddad

Hello Simon,

While reading UniWeb description... I saw that there is no mention for Android
    I'm planning on releasing an iOS Android game, which uses UniWeb for Parse.com integration.

So, does UniWeb support Android?

28. hisahisa

hisahisa

Hi I tried to use UniWeb for iOS(Unity4), but I could not build project for this error below.
    Ionic.Zlib.dll is the file in UniWeb. How do I solve this probrem?

----
    Cross compilation job Ionic.Zlib.dll failed.
    UnityEngine.UnityException: Failed AOT cross compiler: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/BuildTargetTools/iPhonePlayer/mono-xcompiler --aot=full,asmonly,nodebug,static,outfile="Ionic.Zlib.dll.s" "Ionic.Zlib.dll" current dir : /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed
    result file exists: False
    stdout: Mono Ahead of Time compiler - compiling assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dllMissing method System.Console::set_ForegroundColor(ConsoleColor) in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/mscorlib.dll, referenced in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dllThe class Ionic.Zlib.DeflateStream could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class System.IO.MemoryStream could not be loaded, used in mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798eMissing method .ctor in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dll, type System.IO.MemoryStreamMissing method .ctor in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dll, type System.IO.MemoryStreamThe class Ionic.Zlib.GZipStream could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cMissing method .ctor in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dll, type System.IO.MemoryStreamMissing method .ctor in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dll, type System.IO.MemoryStreamThe class Ionic.Zlib.Tree could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Ionic.Zlib.DeflateManager could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Ionic.Zlib.DeflateManager could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Config could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Ionic.Zlib.Tree could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Ionic.Zlib.InternalConstants could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Ionic.Zlib.InternalConstants could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Ionic.Zlib.ZlibStream could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cMissing method .ctor in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dll, type System.IO.MemoryStreamMissing method .ctor in assembly /Users/xxxx/Desktop/projects/xxxx/demos/talkEngineNoDb/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Ionic.Zlib.dll, type System.IO.MemoryStreamThe class Ionic.Zlib.ZlibBaseStream could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class Ionic.Zlib.ZlibBaseStream could not be loaded, used in Ionic.Zlib, Version=1.9.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5cThe class System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException could not be loaded, used in mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798eThe class System.Collections.Generic.Comparer`1 could not be loaded, used in mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798eInvalid type char[] for instance field System.Enum:split_charThe class System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException could not be loaded, used in mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e* Assertion at method-to-ir.c:7980, condition `costs > 0' not met
    stderr:

at UnityEditor.MonoProcessUtility.RunMonoProcess (System.Diagnostics.Process process, System.String name, System.String resultingFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEditor.MonoCrossCompile.CrossCompileAOT (BuildTarget target, System.String crossCompilerAbsolutePath, System.String assembliesAbsoluteDirectory, CrossCompileOptions crossCompileOptions, System.String input, System.String output, System.String additionalOptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEditor.MonoCrossCompile+JobCompileAOT.ThreadPoolCallback (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

29. simonwittber

simonwittber

Yes, it was taken out of the Asset Store by Unity Admin for unexplained reasons. It may get back in sometime in the next few weeks, I need to follow up on this.

30. simonwittber

simonwittber

No, however if you send me an email I can provide you with an 'evaluation' package. :)

31. simonwittber

simonwittber

1. Yes, with Android Pro as sockets are required.

2. No.

32. simonwittber

simonwittber

Yes, you can make all sorts of HTTP requests with UniWeb, however it requires sockets in order to work.

33. simonwittber

simonwittber

I haven't seen this before, however have you set .NET Compatability Level to .NET 2.0?

34. Fragmental

Fragmental

How do I use the json parser that comes with uniweb?

Edit: I think I figured it out, but it requires a lot of additional code.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  35. fiar

fiar

How do I know that the connection has been broken? For example: when server has stopped.
    WebSocket.connected is always true.

36. Antidoto

Antidoto

Hi;

With this uniweb i can open a door on my unity application an access html like page on browser visualizing the content of application folder? like ifile or usb wifi applications?

thanks

37. dahrrr

dahrrr

Is this basic unity terrain or have own system?

38. Fragmental

Fragmental

@dahrrr Uniweb has nothing to do with terrain. Uniweb is for communicating with websites.

39. SmellyDogs

SmellyDogs

Can I use this to poll an Http server say every 50ms for game updates?
    If so can you give me an example in code.

40. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

There's another version of UniWeb by a different vendor on the Asset Store. Is there any difference between the UniWeb you are offering vs. what the other vendor does?

I raised it as an issue a year ago and no reply/no response from the Unity forums.

41. GabrielS

GabrielS

I wrote this last week in the contact form on the company's web site, but i still haven't received any reply and i can't find any email address of Different Methods, so i guess i'll have to write it here for any chance of response.

I need to know if the UniWeb library supports the following features:
    • asynchronous I/O requests
    • GET/POST/PUT/DELETE request verbs
    • set timeouts and explicitly report failures due to timeout expiration when it happens
    • report all request failures and distinguish between connectivity/timeout errors and HTTP status codes failures
    • set/read arbitrary headers on request/response
    • write arbitrary content to the request body (allow any possible content type)
    • read arbitrary content from the response body (allow any possible content type)
    • HTTPS support, together with enabling or disabling SSL certificate validation

These features should be fully available both for iOS and Android (Windows Phone would also be nice, but it's not a priority right now).

Basically, i'd need it to be as close as possible functionality-wise to the HttpWebRequest/HttpClient classes in the .Net framework.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  42. simonwittber

simonwittber

This is news to me, can you provide a link? I cannot find anything like this.

43. simonwittber

simonwittber

Hmm was sure I replied to this, but here is the info anyway.

• asynchronous I/O requests - Yes.
    • GET/POST/PUT/DELETE request verbs - Yes.
    • set timeouts and explicitly report failures due to timeout expiration when it happens - Yes.
    • report all request failures and distinguish between connectivity/timeout errors and HTTP status codes failures - Yes.
    • set/read arbitrary headers on request/response - Yes.
    • write arbitrary content to the request body (allow any possible content type) - Yes.
    • read arbitrary content from the response body (allow any possible content type) - Yes.
    • HTTPS support, together with enabling or disabling SSL certificate validation - Yes, but no certificate validation is provided. You will need to do this yourself.

44. simonwittber

simonwittber

Out of my control sorry. This was pulled by Unity Asset Store Admin.

45. dede_touchten

dede_touchten

Is there a way to make UniWeb works in Unity 3.5? Thanks!

46. GabrielS

GabrielS

Thank you for your response. I haven't received anything on my email address though, which is odd.

You say that no certificate validation is provided by UniWeb and i have to do it myself. How do i actually do it? Does UniWeb provide the certificate bytes from the server and then i can use .net cryptography methods to check if it's indeed valid (e.g. using this method: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography.x509certificates.x509certificate2.verify.aspx)?

What i'd also like to know is licensing information: once the asset has been purchased, is it available for 1 developer, for multiple developers, per Unity installation, or for the entire company?

Also, does the UniWeb library work on Android and Windows Phone 8 as well?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  47. simonwittber

simonwittber

You will need to use the .NET support for any extra SSL functions you need, UniWeb uses .NET SSL libs, so integration should be possible.

License information is specified by the Asset Store. I can't see this page right now for some reason... but from memory it was a "license per seat" or something like that. For specifics you can usually find the details on the actuall asset page itself.

Android has been tested and it works, not sure about Windows phone, however there should be no problems with this as the code is all pure .NET.

48. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

Hi Simon,

I think you should reconsider the Windows Phone support, because there are some classes that missing on the WP8 platform (like TcpClient and SslStream).

49. ZORGLUB2000

ZORGLUB2000

Hi Simon,

it's not on Uniweb topic, but the asset store sent me there for your Drawers asset.
    i'm quite a newbie, especially when it comes to c#, so could you please explain me how to call the function once the user selects the icon in the Gui drawer ?
    i've seen the debug sending the e.name, but how to use it to launch a function ?

is it possible to write a call in JS ?
    thanks for your work,
    bye

50. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

For some reason, when I'm doing a post, it is sending the request twice (I get one response but the data gets posted twice when doing a follow-up request). It's a POST with a form and header.
    I did the same request using Unity's WWW and it worked fine. Any ideas?