Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question UniVRM Fatal Error Out of Memory when exporting character

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DarksabreGaming, Jun 18, 2020.

1. DarksabreGaming

DarksabreGaming

I'm using the UniVRM component to export a FBX model to VRM. I'm using Unity 2018.4.20f1 and have done this successfully for two other models. We're talking about a single character here. 50k polys at most and the FBX file is only about 3.5 MB in size. I've seen some notes about deleting the cache folders that Unity creates and have removed them but it does not change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Jupiterlain

Jupiterlain

I'm experiencing the same exact problem only for my first model. I'm using the same version of Unity. I imported both FBX and VRM, did my edits then exported as VRM, and now need to import the new VRM but I am getting a fatal error crash, that exact error from OP's screenshot. Has anyone been able to resolve this yet?

3. anouki

anouki

Same here. Can't export to vrm. When I try, eat my 10Gb ram available space and pop me this error with the OutOfMemoryException: Out of Memory error.

4. themeninblackarecomeing

themeninblackarecomeing

I'm getting that too, well kinda.

Attached Files:

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D