Search Unity

Bug UniversalRP for Oculus Quest - MSAA on 4x causes shader graph materials to not render?

Discussion in 'VR' started by ROBYER1, Sep 17, 2019.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

We have a UniversalRP test scene with some water material in it I have made with ShaderGraph, we have noticed that if MSAA is set to 4x in the Render Pipeline settings and built to the Oculus Quest, the material does not render at all?!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am reporting a bug for it now

WonkeeKim likes this.
  2. WonkeeKim

WonkeeKim

Yes, I am also testing Oculus Quest with URP and objects that have shader graph material doesn't appear in the VR screen. URP lit shader works but only materials with custom shader graph don't appear.

I am using Unity 2019.3.0b11, Oculus Integration 1.43.0 and URP 7.1.5.

3. WonkeeKim

WonkeeKim

I just have done some test and it seems materials with shader-graph doesn't appear on Single Pass rendering.
    After I changed it into the 'Multi Pass' it appears on the VR screen but Oculus Quest draws left eye only.
    I think currently need to wait for Unity's update.

SladeCU and ROBYER1 like this.
  4. enhawk

enhawk

isn't it the case that MSAA doesn't work with LWRP on VR?

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Is it? cos 4xx MSAA is mandatory for mobile VR and heavily recommended by oculus and unity in their tutorials for LWRP.

6. SladeCU

SladeCU

Experiencing the same here only with shader graph materials.

Multipass rendering draws left eye only, right eye is black. Single Pass (and "Multi view" using the Oculus XR Plugin under Plugin Management) draws both eyes but no materials using shader graph. Disappointed I'll have to roll back and avoid using LWRP or URP (and therefore no shadergraph) for my current Quest project, they've both been such a headache.

7. SladeCU

SladeCU

Looks like I spoke just a little too soon: Shader graph materials work on LWRP Unity 2019.2.12f1, Stereo Rendering Mode set to Multiview in XR Settings. Both eyes draw as well.

However, still no success using shader graph materials in URP with Unity 2019.3.0b11, which sounds like what you are looking for. :(

8. pzy2017

pzy2017

Hi,
    I am curious is there is any development with this problem. I am trying with multipass a shader graph material on unity 2020. Instead of rendering a black frame, it renders it, but some things are missing. With multiview several shader graph materials render the objects invisible.

9. HeartflyStudios

HeartflyStudios

Also having this problem in 2020.1.6f1

10. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns