Search Unity

Universal Save

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Xefier, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Xefier

Xefier

Universal Save Icon.png

A new save/load system that can integrate with services such as Steam Cloud and Brain Cloud.
    Scripts can be extended to integrate with anything and switch between integrations without having to change any game logic.

Compatible with most platforms
    Standalone, Android, iOS

Supports Most Types
    string, int, float, byte, Vector2, Vector3, Vector4, Quaternion, DateTime, Transform
    + Any Serializable Object!

Integrations
    - Steam Cloud
    - Brain Cloud (Coming Soon)
    - File System
    - Player Prefs
    - Game Sparks Integration has been removed because they removed the indie tier and are way too expensive now

Visual Scripting
    - PlayMaker
    - Bolt (Coming Soon)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Vaupell likes this.
  2. Xefier

Xefier

Universal Save is now on the Asset Store!

3. HeathC

HeathC

does it support bolt?

4. Xefier

Xefier

The code can be executed from bolt using the usual method of including the dll and selecting the classes in the bolt setup window. Details are on the Universal Save Manual.

As for the event integration, it still needs to be updated to be compatible with the latest version of bolt since the API was changed. In the mean time Persistence_UnityEvents can be used to send UnityEvents to the bolt state machine.

5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Can you elaborate a little more? I have an existing project that uses playerprefs. I'm looking for a tool that can save those playerprefs to a cloud solution like steamcloud and perhaps icloud. Does this tool allow me to do that with minimal code changes? If so, can you describe the types of changes involved?

6. Xefier

Xefier

The intended use case wasn't to import existing Player Prefs data, rather to be used instead of Player Prefs.
    Such as replacing all references of PlayerPrefs.GetString with Saves.Current.GetString.
    The issue with importing all your existing PlayerPrefs data is Unity does not provide an API for retrieving all keys and the way PlayerPrefs is stored is different per platform.

7. waspfarmer2

waspfarmer2

What I'm looking for is something that supports remote storage for Steam, Android and IOS. Does this plugin do all of the mentioned?

8. Xefier

Xefier

Universal Save has Steam Cloud Integration, but not Android/iOS Cloud services at the moment (Integrations could be written in the future).
    But I have written Brain Cloud Integration for my own project that can be used on any platform and has free/cheap subscription tiers unlike Game Sparks which has become prohibitively expensive for indie developers.
    https://getbraincloud.com/pricing-overview/

If you're interested I could update the store version to include my Brain Cloud integration.