Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Universal Render Pipeline lightmapping artifacts

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by AbelSierra, Feb 17, 2020.

1. AbelSierra

AbelSierra

Hello,

I changed a project for cardboard that all of the materials uses mobile diffuse shaders and baked lighting, no realtime lights at all. When I set the render pipeline from built-in to universal, upgrade all the materials to simple lit, light is much darker and the lightmap is a complete mess with shadows and lights in flat surfaces, and yes I generate the lightmap again. Is this a known issue? Is the lightmapping buggy in the URP? Or should I just check any option that I don't know to generate the lightmaps correctly?

Thank you

2. AbelSierra

AbelSierra

Anybody? I tried the Optix denoiser and the OpenImageDenoise, the first one works poorer, the result is full of artifacts, OpenImageDenoise works better but still with artifacts. I changed again to the built-in render pipeline and the result improved generating the lightmap BUT I realized that if I had an instance of the URP in the project even if I am using the built-in RP it still gets some artifacts which does not make any sense to me...

I checked in 2019.3.0f1 and 2019.3.2f1 and the issue occurs in both versions. I am going to send a bug report.

3. VRTracker

VRTracker

I have the issue and cannot figure out what to do to fix it :(

4. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Can you please raise a bug so that it can be investigated?

unityunity