Search Unity

Universal Render Pipeline lightmapping artifacts

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by AbelSierra, Feb 17, 2020.

1. AbelSierra

AbelSierra

Hello,

I changed a project for cardboard that all of the materials uses mobile diffuse shaders and baked lighting, no realtime lights at all. When I set the render pipeline from built-in to universal, upgrade all the materials to simple lit, light is much darker and the lightmap is a complete mess with shadows and lights in flat surfaces, and yes I generate the lightmap again. Is this a known issue? Is the lightmapping buggy in the URP? Or should I just check any option that I don't know to generate the lightmaps correctly?

Thank you

2. AbelSierra

AbelSierra

Anybody? I tried the Optix denoiser and the OpenImageDenoise, the first one works poorer, the result is full of artifacts, OpenImageDenoise works better but still with artifacts. I changed again to the built-in render pipeline and the result improved generating the lightmap BUT I realized that if I had an instance of the URP in the project even if I am using the built-in RP it still gets some artifacts which does not make any sense to me...

I checked in 2019.3.0f1 and 2019.3.2f1 and the issue occurs in both versions. I am going to send a bug report.

3. VRTracker

VRTracker

I have the issue and cannot figure out what to do to fix it :(

4. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Can you please raise a bug so that it can be investigated?

5. sweettoos40

sweettoos40

Try to change Linear to Gamma. In my case it's helped to get rid of artifacts, but made a picture even darker.

Attached Files: