Search Unity

Universal Fighting Engine 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Jul 20, 2018.

1. skyflare

skyflare

I forgot to mention that I was able to restore all the stuff I was deleting back to the project folder and UFE 2 didn't have a problem. Unity was trying to execute a shader that doesn't exist in the project, and perhaps maybe all of them at once, which is pretty crazy. My unity project load time went from 1-2 minutes to like 10 seconds. I might want to automate clearing out this trash more often so I don't deal with bugs just from this.

Dalenc likes this.
  2. skyflare

skyflare

I submitted a crash report to unity about this shadercache problem to see what they think. The only thing they have published about shadercache is listed here:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Shader.html

"Individual shader variant compilation results are cached in the project, under Library/ShaderCache folder. This means that 100% identical shaders or their snippets will reuse previously compiled results. It also means that the shader cache folder can become quite large, if you have a lot of shaders that are changed often. It is always safe to delete it; it will just cause shader variants to be recompiled."

I think they should be able to detect it has gotten too big and warn us or something if they can't just auto-clean it.

Dalenc likes this.
  3. Dalenc

Dalenc

What a great job, Skyflare,

In the previous tests i had commented on, the project that was running and swither from the scenario selection screen, gave problem.

I received the gpu overload protection and fault warning with many operations, such as infinite looping in this case.

4. Dalenc

Dalenc

you've done a hard job in getting all this information, we're asking for help some time XD.

5. skyflare

skyflare

Cityhunter12 / fabricio confirmed with me by email that this also fixes his HDRP crash problem. So that's good, it is probably just too many shaders in cache after playing around with too many assets.

6. skyflare

skyflare

FYI: I did submit a bug report to unity to see what they say about this. I think if they don't want to change behavior, they could at least educate/warn us about cleaning it up periodically manually.

Dalenc likes this.
  7. Dalenc

Dalenc

Passing to make this comment very happy,

What Skyflare went through works perfectly, who else was with this problem, I believe will be able to solve as well.

"Do you have to delete Library/Shadercache and disable shader warm up in ufe 2 global preload options."

Thank you very much SkyFlare.

8. MedakaBoxProject

MedakaBoxProject

I still haven't been able to figure this out and haven't gotten a response on the forums either. Could a solution be found in making a prefab and loading it with the P2 animation frames? I don't think that'd work since I'd assume it'd have to be in the same character, but I'm not coming across any other way to successfully present a left and right facing asymmetrical sprite.

9. skyflare

skyflare

In response to my bug report, Unity said your library folder must have gotten corrupted and they are closing the issue because they can't reproduce. Sounds like they don't debug complex issues, and I'd have to give them an exact way to reproduce. I told them it takes like 10 hours of installing and deleting projects to reproduce it and repeated myself some, but I guess they won't do anything.

MedakaBoxProject - Wouldn't you need to write new code if the existing project doesn't have a feature you want to do? I would guess that you could duplicate the variables that let you select a sprite with a new name so that you'd have 2 of them, and then add some logic to determine which sprite to display based on current facing direction. I assume you'd need the source version of UFE as well.

MedakaBoxProject likes this.
  10. haidersquadcell

haidersquadcell

Hi. Hope you're doing great.
    I have purchased UFE 2 source. And now i want to add breakable objects in it (just like bonus stages in street fighter game). How can i detect any collision with my player? And how can i load a stage without second player?

b58cf176de790240ebe2ea7eb7a5b275.gif

11. bamncan

bamncan

You would want to update the player's opponent's hitboxes script's hitboxes array to state the object's hitboxes are the opponent. That's where I'd start. The test collision needs to know what hitboxes to check collision against that aren't owned by the player, so you'll have to make it think the object's hitboxes are the ones of the opponent's.

12. haidersquadcell

haidersquadcell

Thanks. But i have another concern. I tried doing that earlier, but then i face another issue where my player and the opponent is supposed to fly in air for air juggle. At that point the objects also flies in air.
    And secondly if i don't set any humanoid character as an opponent, i get so many errors.

13. Retro-Traveler

Retro-Traveler

Hey there. I recently purchased the Source version of UFE and I ran into an error regarding shaders. When using a custom shader I get the error message: "Material (X) with shader (Y) doesn't have a color property (_Color)". In game, when a character that uses this shader is attacked, both characters are frozen in place and I'm unable to exit the game normally. When two characters that use the shader are on screen, one of them freezes in place when a button is pushed, where as the other functions normally. I've looked around for potential fixes to the issue, but nothing I tried works. Would you be able to help please?

14. Mistermind

Mistermind

This is probably happening because you have alternative costumes with "enable color mask" toggled on under Character Editor -> Character Prefabs. If your shaders don't use Materials, make sure you have that option disabled.

Also, the reason the game is freezing when that happens in because you have "Error Pause" toggled on under your Console Window.

15. Mistermind

Mistermind

You can try increasing the weight of the object under Character Editor -> Physics -> Character's Weight.
    Make sure you also have "Override Juggle Weight" disable inside your move files.

16. Mistermind

Mistermind

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  17. Mistermind

Mistermind

18. GambrengGames

GambrengGames

Hello everyone, I'm doing a bit of research for this tool. Does UFE support the Spine (http://esotericsoftware.com/) for the animation?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  19. Mistermind

Mistermind

There is no support out of the box, but there are multiple ways you can use the animation files produced into UFE. Here is an old tutorial for Puppet2D (before 2D support was an integral part of UFE) which seems to carry similar logic to Spine:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=329
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20

Alternatively, you can import the animation files and just use our custom hitbox editor:

20. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Thanks. After reading unity forums turns out cleaning out the libary/shadowcahe folder allows the game to build and run after loading screen, but it doesn't work online after loading screen thats the only problem. Any idea to get this working?

This is a warning to anyone using HDRP. it works but not with network, dont make my mistake building the game then finding out at the last minute. I made a clean project with latest UFE, at this is the only problem I had (hdrp doesnt work online) cause me to revert back on standard :(

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  21. MedakaBoxProject

MedakaBoxProject

Hello! I just upgraded from UFE2 Pro to UFE2 Source and the latter issue you described is something I am currently facing. When I move my assets (global, character, hitbox, move files, etc) they are not recognized. Unfortunately, it seems that the link you've shared is currently down. Assuming the website outage isn't temporary, what would those instructions for editing the files be?

22. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry about that, I copied the wrong link. This is the link you should go to:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8212#p8212

23. MedakaBoxProject

MedakaBoxProject

Thanks for the reply!

I’ve now tried accessing ufe3d.com through the link above, google and other means on both WiFi and on my phones data. It still isn’t allowing me through to the website. I’ve been able to access some pages of the forum through WayBackMachine, but other than that I can’t access the site. Is it currently down or unavailable for public use?

Edit: It's up and running on my end now!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  24. mbhagat

mbhagat

Why we can not open web site ?
    site is not working any more .
    Tried with couple of browser and devices.

25. Mistermind

Mistermind

Its working here. It probably just went down temporarily.

mbhagat likes this.
  26. prawinb

prawinb

Hi,

I am working on Universal Fighting Engine ( UFE - version - 2.4.1 ) project. I have imported UFE standard and it is working fine in offline mode. I am using Unity version 2020.2.7f1. I have also imported PUN 2 to work in online mode. I am using Photon Cloud as a photon service. But it is giving following error when I play in Online Mode.

GetRegions failed. Can't provide regions list. ReturnCode: -2: Empty application id
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn (ExitGames.Client.Photon.DebugLevel,string) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2504)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnOperationResponse (ExitGames.Client.Photon.OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2734)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback (ExitGames.Client.Photon.StreamBuffer) (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PeerBase.cs:864)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/EnetPeer.cs:559)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PhotonPeer.cs:1837)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:Dispatch () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:223)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:149)

Could anyone help me in this issue.

27. Mistermind

Mistermind

Seems like you might be missing your application id. Did you sign in to Photon and generate your App ID?
    Follow the instructions as you see here:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:network#setup

prawinb likes this.
  28. prawinb

prawinb

29. Mistermind

Mistermind

Try switching from "Photon Cloud" to "Photon Server" (Global Editor -> Network Options -> Photon Service).

prawinb likes this.
  30. prawinb

prawinb

Thank you. The error got resolved.

Mistermind likes this.
  31. YozanBi

YozanBi

Hello,
    I have two questions for the creators please:
    Do we need coding knowledge to make a fighting game using this game engine?
    Can this engine help make a mobile game exactly like contest of champions (https://playcontestofchampions.com/)?
    Thank you.

32. Mistermind

Mistermind

No coding knowledge is necessary, but its definitely helpful to have some understanding, specially when designing custom menus.
    That said, if your objective doesn't deviate much from what you see in the templates, you shouldn't have any problems.

As far as gameplay goes, you should be able to replicate it on UFE with no coding required.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  33. GendgiUnity

GendgiUnity

Hi, I only saw 3D gameplay, but is it possible to make a 2D fighting game with the Universal Fighting Engine?

34. Mistermind

Mistermind

You can test all demos here:
    http://ufe3d.com/demo/

Under 2D/2.5D, there is a character named "Ellen". This character is entirely sprite based.
    The engine can support both 2D and 3D characters in the same game.

Here is a video showing off how to configure your own 2D character into the engine:

GendgiUnity likes this.
  35. GendgiUnity

GendgiUnity

Awesome! Thank you for the fast reply! :)

Mistermind likes this.
  36. jayimagination

jayimagination

hello Im using UFE2 PRO the 3d fighter template in 2020 LTS. Out of the box I realized starting a project from HDRP will cause some of the editors to UFE to not appear. So I started a project from built in.
    The issue Im having is at runtime. I try to load my models and the game screen angs on the loading. The console gives off errors :NullRefenenceException: Object refenece not set to aninstance of an object
    UFE3D.CameraScript.Start() at ....
    Any idea what that cause be?

What I done so far is just reimport the project

37. Andrekling

Andrekling

Hello, I'm thinking to buy this product but I'm wondering if is it still being worked on? The last videos i saw are from a few years ago, same for the entries on the roadmap... Another thing i didn't understand is that some features are patreon exclusive, could you explain how that works? Would i need to buy this product and subscribe to the patreon in order to have a 3d arena? And for how long? Kind regards

38. Mistermind

Mistermind

I haven't had the time to try HDRP yet, but if you track back a few posts in this topic there are some people who seems to have figured it out.
    In short: The templates that comes with UFE are not designed with that pipeline, but conversion is possible.

Cityhunter12 and Skyflare seem to have found a way around it:
    I have yet to work under these render pipelines. When I do I'll make sure to write some kind of instructions (if needed) on the steps needed to convert UFE demo files.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  39. Mistermind

Mistermind

Yes it is. Last update was just a couple months ago:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog

We haven't released any video tutorials in a while, that is true. I'm hoping we will get some help on this soon.
    The roadmap does get updated. Just look at the sub-tasks within each card.

That is correct.
    The exclusive features haven't been released yet because they are still under WIP and lack documentation. I normally only recommend Patreon T4 for advanced users who knows their way around the code.
    That said, you are free to unsubscribe to patreon at any moment. The repository gets updated 4-5 times a week, and right now my priority is on a Smash Bros style gameplay (including 4+ players at once). The 3D Arena gameplay is also available.
    Most these new features will probably be carried out to UFE 3, which will probably be out early next year.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  40. garamanx

garamanx

Hello, I just bought UFE 2. I don't understand how it works with 2 gamepads. I'm testing with Xbox 360, Xbox One and Switch Pro controllers. Xbox 360 works fine while the other two don't. Their axises don't work and their buttons produce moves at fighter 1, not fighter 2. I didn't change any Input Manager settings. Can you help me on this or tell me how to use the "new" Unity Input System since I can't spend 50 bucks on 3rd party stuff.
    (I'm also writing here since the UFE forum is down)
    Thanks in advance, Max

41. Mistermind

Mistermind

Support for the new input system is not available at the moment, but it will be in the next update. If you don't want to use one of the third party options, I recommend adjusting the options with the legacy input system for the time being:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:input

42. coolguy_platinum

coolguy_platinum

I know a feature you can add to the game. Breakable walls that lead to a next fighting stage like on marvel vs capcom/ dead or alive/ injustice/ the latest tekken series. Makes the gameplay more intense if cinematic transitions to the next stage!

Mistermind likes this.
  43. Andrekling

Andrekling

Hello i was going to ask about this... I noticed that cinematics are only avaliable on the pro and source versio, is this still the case? is it possible to use cinemachine and timeline with this asset? If i get a license for this addon, will it be transferable when version 3 is out, or do i need a new license? Any prediction for when the next update will come with new input system?

44. Mistermind

Mistermind

Cinematic options is available on any version.
    UFE doesn't support cinemachine out of the box, but perhaps it is possible by using the prefab option:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:cinematics#cinematic_typeprefab

Yes, transfer to version 3 will be free to anyone with the license up to a year. More then that there will be a small upgrade fee. I haven't decided on all the details yet. Its early to tell.

I should release another update in a couple months that will include, among other things, the new input system.

Andrekling likes this.
  45. Andrekling

Andrekling

Good to know about cinematic, you might consider changing the ufe site, on it says it's only available on the pro and source version.
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:cinematics

Mistermind likes this.
  46. hacuraven

hacuraven

I was banned from the forum without doing anything. what do you mean? Depending on the response, patron support must be discontinued.

47. Mistermind

Mistermind

I don't recall banning anyone lately. What message are you seeing when you try logging in?

48. Steviebops

Steviebops

Any eta on challenge mode?
    From what Ive seen it would make for an excellent tutorial mode, and my current project is geared towards beginners in fighting games.

49. Mistermind

Mistermind

Challenge mode already exist, but it lacks documentation. This option will be heavily revisited before UFE 3.

50. Evil-Otaku

Evil-Otaku

Hey Guys,

For a Beat em Up style game, is the best way to go about it still getting UFE Source and pray I don't break everything in the process? Would it be on the right track to just make an extra long 3D area type stage and some kind of AI manager to spawn enemies?