Search Unity

Universal Fighting Engine 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Mistermind

Mistermind

The payment system is handled by Unity, not the publishers.
    If your payment did go through, just go to the page where the product is and you should see a button saying "Open in Unity" instead of "Add to Cart".
    Click on that button to open Unity and begin the installation. If that doesn't start the import process immediately, from Unity, click on Window -> Asset Store. Make sure you are logged in and navigate to the product you purchased. From there, just click "Import" and you should be able to extract the package.
    For more on the installation procedures check out this page:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/installation

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  2. TaxisDude

TaxisDude

Hi Mistermind, I have the UFE2 Standard edition, and I just received a notification about the discount of the other editions. Unity Store shows a discount over the full price. It's that correct, or it should be over the difference with my current version?

For example: Source's edition is 50% off, €222.88. If I buy that edition, should I pay that price or €45.11 (€222.88 - €177.77).

Thanks for your amazing job.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  3. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hi,
    Unfortunately I don't have any control on how the discounts work on the Asset Store.
    If you want, I can give you a manual discount over Payhip. Just send me a PM with your invoice number and I'll send you a coupon code.

4. TaxisDude

TaxisDude

I'm playing with the engine before starting my first prototype, but I need to know if it's possible to swap the 2D movement inputs (up, down, left and right) from the horizontal and vertical axis to buttons, and still assign attacks to the horizontal and vertical axis.
    For exemple: Press the X and B buttons to move left and right respectively, and do motions with the left stick to execute attacks.

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry with the weird question, I only want to know some of the limits of the engines out the game without begin the coding.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  5. Mistermind

Mistermind

You can change
    You can adjust every input under Global Editor -> Input Options. These values are directly connected to Unity's Input Manager, which can also be customized to your liking.

UFE also support several alternative third party input managers such as Rewired and cInput.

For more information, follow the links.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  6. FriendShipAgain

FriendShipAgain

2 question.

1. Whens the next update. So excited of tag team and push block. :)

2. In 3D when you jump on other side of the character, the camera mirrors to the opposite side making it appear that P1 is always on left side and p2 is always on right side. Will this be fixed? At this point 3D simply doesnt work.

7. Mistermind

Mistermind

The tag team might take a little while, but I should be releasing an update early next month.

Actually that is one of the features I'd like to add on the next update. I'm still working on the possible conditions that can lead 2 characters to switch sides in a 3D environment.

FriendShipAgain likes this.
  8. FriendShipAgain

FriendShipAgain

cool lets me ask you this. I'm working on a vs style game, will push block be available by any chance? I paused it to work on other projects for the time being, even without tag team would stil be helpful. thx

9. Mistermind

Mistermind

There hasn't been many priority requests over that feature, but I'll see what I can do. I can't promise it will be on the next update though.

FriendShipAgain likes this.
  10. bill0287

bill0287

Hi. Maybe I missed it, but can I import other models into this too? If yes, do you have any guidelines for building those models, as in in format, etc.? Thanks.

11. Mistermind

Mistermind

This is question is more related to Unity than UFE, but yes, if you know your way around the tools and softwares used, you should be able to import virtually any 3D model to Unity. There is actually a very interesting video tutorial from a user doing a step-by-step from creating a character (using "Character Creator 3" and "iClone 7") all the way to importing it to UFE. Check it out:

12. Dalenc

Dalenc

Hi, I am using UFE2 standart in conjunction with HDRP, I have tested in all versions of Unity, from 2019.3.1F to current 2019.4.x

I am having a problem that I can not find the solution.

When running the game in Unity Editor everything works perfectly without any error.

After compiling, when he executing the game he usually gives Crash after selecting the stage.

Tested several compilation methods, the game passes from the stage selection screen but returns to Crash by closing and open the game.

There are reports of someone who has passed through this by HDRP.

With URP I had no problems, but my characters depend on a lot of the visual HDRP.

Thanks.

13. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hi,
    I don't know much about HDRP, but for the most cases errors around that area may have something to do with your materials, textures and shaders. Internally, UFE is mostly responsible for the physics and inputs. Everything else is mainly example files.
    Perhaps you are using some of the templates that comes with UFE and you need to upgrade the material's render pipeline?
    Here, take a look at this tutorial:
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/09/2...r-pipeline-getting-started-guide-for-artists/

If you are using some game objects or scenes that comes with UFE, try converting the files (and materials) individually.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  14. mingcuong

mingcuong

Hi, I tried looking into the forum and documentation, but I couldnt find an answer. Is it possible to use oculus touch controllers as input?

15. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

If I do a patreon tier 4+ then do I need to buy the source code too?

16. Mistermind

Mistermind

There isn't anything out of the box, but you can try replacing the in-game camera on your scene with a VR camera. I've done some tests in the past:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  17. Mistermind

Mistermind

That is correct.

18. Geriko

Geriko

Hi! As a junior dev with a few years of coding experience, I jumped into the light version and noticed the hatest thing with templates on Asset Store. The source code is very expensive. I do not complain about that, I exactly know how much work behind it and you also get thousands of tasks with every bigger unity version to maintain, and as I read you also working on a lot of new features. That's great! You really deserve the support. But before I dig deep I would like to know more about my possibilities without the sourcecode.
    I had time to test the character editor but not the movement editor so maybe the answers are unequivocal I just had to take more time with the engine. But I give it a try,
    -I need a stamina or energy system to avoid braindead spamming.
    -I need a stun system when the opponent gets too much heavy attack to the same hitbox he will become more sensitive to stun there (and also if he has no energy he will be stunned on heavy attacks)... or something like that.
    -Moves from a special talent system instead of preset characters? (Possible to inject moves at the beginning of the match for example from a json that I convert to moves runtime?)
    -I want to replace the whole UI, matchmaking, and implement my character customization and my services like Playfab backend. Right now I'm getting errors about my shader has no "_Color" prop so I worried how closed the current system is.

Overall, the tool seems to be very promising. And as soon my game became supported I will support the developers behind the developer tools I'm using. But I would like to know how much energy I have to spend to achieve my goals. And to manage my time, if my goals aren't achievable with the lite version, I'll focus on other tasks to start marketing and get the money to upgrade instead of digging for nothing.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  19. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hi, and thanks for picking up the engine.
    I have some good news for you: Despite not having access to the core code, most of what you need can be done through UFE events:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/code

You can use several events to manipulate basic features of the engine such as a tick to increase the gauge (using OnTimer), or a stun meter when one player gets hit (using OnHit).

As far as special talent system goes, you have to develop that yourself, but considering its isolated from the engine itself, you shouldn't have any issues coding that on top of a closed-source version of UFE.

UI, matchmaking and other features such as Playfab can be easily implemented on top of any version of UFE. As far as Playfab goes however, if you plan to have it linked to multiplayer, you will need at least UFE 2 Standard since it has network support.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  20. robertTWM

robertTWM

Hi there! Just getting started with UFE 2 and really like how easy it is to set up. I was wondering if it is possible/easy to just be able to use the match start part of the game. I have my own custom lobby and online account creation setup but wanted to use the core fighting of UFE 2.

I am sort of new to unity but am a fairly strong c# developer if that helps your answer at all.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  21. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hello,
    Its fairly easy to detach the game engine from the interface system that comes with UFE.
    Under Global Editor you will find a tab called "Deployment Options". This allows you to immediately start a match directly with 2 preloaded characters. You can then programmatically change these characters to your liking using UFE.SetPlayer1 and UFE.SetPlayer2. You can read more about it here:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/code

22. al3d

al3d

Hi sorry if my english is not perfect im french ^^ I have a problem with "head look" it doesn't work do I need to do something special for make it work ?

23. vannaksomlot

vannaksomlot

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  24. Mistermind

Mistermind

You have to make sure the body parts assigned under bending segments, non affected joints and opponent's body part target (aka "Look at Opponent's") are assigned under your character's hit box setup. The system uses the body part as "tags" to control the transforms inside the characters.

al3d likes this.
  25. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sounds like you haven't properly selected the correct scenes to start the demo. Open either "UFE/Demos/_2DFighter/Demo_Fighter2D" or "UFE/Demos/_3DFighter/Demo_Fighter3D" to test the game templates.

26. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

just finished my game and made build, then this happed im so pissed right now. the F***, its something with hdrp

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  27. Mistermind

Mistermind

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  28. tirkaroKujo

tirkaroKujo

So before I go all in on the source version of this, how easy or difficult would you say is it to convert the engine to suit a smash bros-style platform fighting game? (Free movement, platform collision, knockback, etc)

I'm currently working on one building off of a basic platformer framework, but the idea of built in rollback netcode is pretty tempting, and cheaper in the long run

29. Mistermind

Mistermind

I would say its difficult. Over the years I've only seen a few customers able adapt the engine for such style.
    The best and most recent project I've seen is from the creators of Fight of Animals and Fight of Gods:

There are a few experimental features that can help speed up development available on the repository (such as Team Mode), but you will still need to make significant changes to the source code.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Inspeinre, Dalenc and tirkaroKujo like this.
  30. fezaterka

fezaterka

hello Mistermind i need to create hitboxes to works my character?

31. jayimagination

jayimagination

I actually had the same issue with hdrp. Everything before adding hdrp works pretty stable. Other than the 3d fighters issue with the player sides it even works great. As soon as you add hdrp to the project it crashes when at the stage loading screen. I've manually updated the materials as well as used the upgrade project material option and every build has resulted in the same way and crashes at the same point. That was using 2019.4.17 LTS

I'll also tried in 2020.2 and 2020.1.17 and had pretty much the same issue only here and there I would get a crash stating something about a direct 11 switch error.

It would be nice to hear from someone that has had success with using hdrp and what they did. That way there will be an area to direct users in the future.

Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  32. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

I think a update is coming soon, I really do hope this is fixed, because I had to pause my whole project because hdrp not working, all of this after all that hard work.

33. zalimdaner

zalimdaner

Hi,
    I have question if i buy Basic Asset i will characters and animations not stage or whole game without source code?

34. Dalenc

Dalenc

Accidents continue to happen in HDRP even following the guidelines left to some users by Mastermind

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  35. Dalenc

Dalenc

I did a test by creating a blank project with just the Engine folder without the demo folder.

Apparently it is functional, but for this project everything has to be configured from scratch, stage, characters, animations, material, hitbox, UI, etc ...

Mastermind, you would have a HDRP project to share with us

jayimagination likes this.
  36. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

This would be helpful

Dalenc and jayimagination like this.
  37. Dalenc

Dalenc

Hi, I performed new tests of UFE 2 STANDARD with Shader HDRP at Unity 2019.4.8f1,
    this time I used 2 different computers with the following configurations.

-

The hardware used

Computer 1

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB
    Processor: Intel Core I5-
    RAM: 24.0GB RAM
    Disk Storage: SSD
    Windows 10 64-bit

Computer 2

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Processor: Intel Core I5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
    RAM: 16.0GB RAM
    Disk Storage: Kingston A400 SSD, 240GB, SATA, Read500MB / s, Write 350MB / s
    Windows 10 64-bit

-

Settings

For the tests I deleted the 3D project and activated in the "Player Settings" settings, the "Preloaded Assets" configuration,
    loading all 52 Prefabs from the 2D project and added two more shaders that come with UFE 2, I also activated Skinning GPU

In Window> Render Pipeline> HD RENDER PIPELINE WIZARD = fix all errors by clicking Fix

In Edit> Render Pipeline> Upgrade Project materials = I updated all materials automatically

Some materials are not corrected, I had to manually update materials one by one, changing to HDRP Lit and choosing the correct material texture.

-

Test Results

For the tests with the configurations of computer 1, I crashed in all attempts,
    both in the Unity editor and in a compiled Ufe 2 HDRP project.

For testing with computer 2 settings,
    I made several attempts, in the editor I didn't get any crash, already in the project compiled from all attempts, only the second time I ran the game,
    I got a crash in the scenario selection screen, in the other attempts the compiled game worked normally.

-

Final considerations.
    I believe that the problem may be linked to the computer's hardware, the better the computer's settings, the lower the risk of a crash occurring during the game due to overloading the hardware.

If someone has better hardware and wants to take the test, it would be of great help.

Mistermind and Justin_Wingfall like this.
  38. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

thx, but I thought the problem was only linked to the demo folder? I'm thinking it might be something overloading within the code.

Dalenc likes this.
  39. Dalenc

Dalenc

I also believe that it has something giving an overload while carrying.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a test with some characters I created to HDRP to see if I can continue.

Anyone who wants to help seek the best flow to work around HDRP bugs can send me in the email. fabricio.soares.alencar@gmail.com

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  40. jayimagination

jayimagination

It's good to know that you've tracked it down to hardware or at least something within the code. Maybe a memory leak can be performed and see if that can find the issue.

41. Dalenc

Dalenc

New tests, I took one of my characters configured in HDRP, and added to UFE 2 with the settings of my most powerful computer, as I mentioned earlier.

Below are some images of it and an image of it within the compiled HDRP project.

still have to configure the lighting equally in the scene where one has just it.

also a video showing with another character in HDRP running normally.

a detail the first time I executed the compiled project had an accident only the first time, then closed and surrounded the executable several times and always worked well.

Attached Files:

• f01.png
      f01.png
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • f02.png
      f02.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • f03.png
      f03.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • f04.png
      f04.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • test1.png
      test1.png
      File size:
      482.3 KB
      Views:
    Mistermind and jayimagination like this.
  42. hoshimitsu

hoshimitsu

Hi,
    I purchased UFE2 Standard.
    I set up a hitbox with my own model and played with samples.
    However, hitbox and attack judgment are not displayed in the scene unlike the tutorial video.

Are there any other assets you need?
    Unity Version 2019.3.5f1

(I am not good at English. I'm sorry if my text is hard to understand.)

Attached Files:

43. Mistermind

Mistermind

It could be that your hitboxes are disabled in the gizmos viewer. Here, check out this post:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8470#p8470
    And this one:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2338

hoshimitsu likes this.
  44. MedakaBoxProject

MedakaBoxProject

Hi,
    I'm currently working on a 2D fighter with sprites. Most of my characters are asymmetrical, so the automatic flipping of the original sprites don't work for my project. How do I implement specific Left and Right facing sprites? Here's an example of a single frame of each I'd like to implement, and then for comparison what I currently have implemented. I'm using UFE2 Pro:

Dalenc likes this.
  45. hoshimitsu

hoshimitsu

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    "Restore factory settings" solved this problem.
    But there is a new problem.

I use an asset called "Very Animation".
    Anyway, make an animation in Unity and apply it to UFE2.

However, legs do not move well when I attack with my legs or while jumping.
    The image is an example of trying to make a clothing light kick.

What settings should I make to make the foot movements the same as the created animation?

(I actually wanted to ask a question on the forum, but I couldn't do it well, so I asked here. sorry.)

Attached Files:

• 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      367.2 KB
      Views:
  46. skyflare

skyflare

Hi,

New UFE 2 user here. I experienced UFE 2 with HDRP crashing as described here and started C# debugging session and found that it gets into some nasty null errors with character moves and hit effects in the preloading part of the code where the 3d objects are initialized. When you start commenting things out, you reveal null errors instead of experiencing a crash and if you comment out enough, it will load the level, but without those features working.

Edit: I found that 3d character's move lists were missing the ThrowReaction because I deleted the 2d assets, that is probably a mistake in the current release. I had to change it to the 3d throw reaction asset to fix that problem. It still crashes after doing that.

For me, it seems like the problem is not hardware related at all, it is just unity freaking out with the amount of failures related to loading things that don't exist too fast in an infinite loop.

Also know that I have 2 instances of unity, same version 2020.1.16f1, and the problem with UFE 2 crashing unity only occurred after I attempted to copy the UFE folder to the other unity instance. My original installation doesn't crash in HDRP, and the game works well. This may be the way to reproduce the "after stage selection" HDRP crash bug.

I don't think hardware capability matters. I have a GTX 1080 and 32gb of system memory, and unity crashes well before exhausting either of them. I can run the other project just fine at the same time and only the one with missing move information crashes.

I read the unity D3D swapchain crash is a protection to keep windows from blue screening because of a specific program overwhelming the GPU with too many operations, like infinite loop in this case.

Because the UFE project installs itself as a "complete project" from the unity store, I was forced to copy it to another project because I want to integrate this with a larger project and that's when it went wrong. So anyone who installs UFE a custom way may experience the crash bug. I don't know if it is really specific to HDRP, maybe it's just one of the particle systems that isn't upgraded right, that is hidden away somewhere in a prefab or something. I hadn't begun to do any customization to UFE, so I'm talking about the latest version of UFE 2 Source on unity store. I would have to assume anyone upgrading UFE would be forced to copy it as well, since it would otherwise wipe out their entire project.

I'm finding the project easy to understand so far in the code and the editor and the prefabs. Your interface structure is very very nice. Thank you for the good work on this system. I've been working on my first game and exploring motion matching, opsive character controller and now UFE 2, and I'm looking to integrate a lot of game systems into one game, so I will probably be digging deeper in the engine to do this. Each one has its own approach, and I think making a fighting game first may be the easier path to follow in the process of creating my own game world.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Dalenc likes this.
  47. skyflare

skyflare

I just noticed that Robot Kyle 3d is connected to ThrowReaction 2d asset. I had deleted the 2d assets, which caused some of my problem perhaps.

Dalenc likes this.
  48. skyflare

skyflare

I've isolated 3d fighter HDRP crash to shader warmup in UFE.cs. I can comment this out and the game works fine, though perhaps shooting a fireball or something will trigger the shader that can crash it.

if (UFE.config.warmAllShaders) Shader.WarmupAllShaders();

I tried to run Shader.WarmupAllShaders(); in a different scene in my unity project and it doesn't crash. Maybe I'm not using it right, but it seems like UFE is somehow aware of other shaders in my HDRP project, and it is trying to load something that can crash unity. I don't know how to debug that more.

I deleted the 2 shaders in the UFE project folder, and it didn't fix the problem so I put them back. I don't know if something else is using legacy shaders that is nested in a prefab, but that is probably the cause if it is.

Dalenc likes this.
  49. skyflare

skyflare

It looks like all the materials under Demos/Shared_Assets/Particles/Materials are legacy shaders, and I missed them but it also doesn't crash unity if the materials are just wrong color or whatever.

I moved the UFE folder to a third unity project that doesn't have all my other files, and it doesn't crash there. I think anyone experiencing HDRP crash has 2 options, delete unused shaders outside the UFE project folder that are not compatible with HDRP or uncheck the global UFE config setting under preloading for Warm All Shaders. You might keep getting bug reports on this issue unless you turn that off by default since the majority of store assets include shaders that don't work with HDRP yet. I've bought and upgraded over 100 of them.

Dalenc likes this.
  50. skyflare

skyflare

Having something able to crash unity in my project seemed bad so I started tearing apart the project to find it. I don't think it even exists anymore. I think what I'm dealing with is that unity actually loads shaders you don't even have in your project anymore from library/shadercache and unless you close unity, delete that folder and restart project, you can't get rid of the remnants of already deleted shaders. My shadercache folder went from 80mb to 2mb. I've been processing a lot of different assets through this project and it is way beyond normal I guess. I guess unity need a proper cleaning of library folder every so often to not be totally broken for certain things. My project also started up faster.

Might be worth asking unity technologies why their Shader.WarmAllShaders is trying to resurrect the dead and crash my project for fun.

Dalenc likes this.