Search Unity

Universal Fighting Engine 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Mistermind

Mistermind

It seems you are using an older version of UFE. 'NetworkIdentity' is from UNet, a network system provided by Unity that got deprecated after Unity 2018.3

I recommend updating UFE to the latest version along with your Unity.

2. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry about that. Unfortunately I don't get to pick which products goes on sale. The 2 products on sale are UFE 2 Basic and UFE 2 Standard.

3. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

no problem. Thanks

4. Mistermind

Mistermind

I just spoke to some representants from the Asset Store and they decided to add PRO and Source to Cyber Week. The discount should be up right now and it will last the whole week.

5. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

I seem to get a substantial discount from the Asset Store regardless of the Cyber Week deals, because I have purchased the UFE v.1 Source in the past. The Asset Store has made it impossible to see the difference between discount prices and upgrade prices, which is rather annoying since discount prices are temporary while upgrade prices are fixed and don't require a purchase in a hurry. By presenting upgrade prices as bargains, the Asset Store puts unnecessary pressure on loyal customers to upgrade their asset out of fear that they might miss out on a (temporary) deal.

Anyway, I think I'll just upgrade to UFE 2 Standard, since I only need local player-vs-player combat over Bluetooth, so I guess I won't be needing the Netcode rollback, right? I only need the Bluetooth/Android add-on, isn't it? It appears that the Netcode stuff is the only difference between UFE 2 Standard and Pro, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

6. Mistermind

Mistermind

I agree. It does make things rather confusing.

That is correct. The Netcode is better suited if you are planning to have players matching one another over long distances. If networking isn't the main focus of your game, stick with UFE 2 Standard.

7. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Thanks! I will upgrade to UFE 2 Standard.

For those like me who previously purchased UFE v.1 SOURCE, the upgrade price to UFE 2 Standard is currently €43.77 (excl. VAT). I'm not sure how much that would be in Dollars, but I think it's a great price for such an upgrade. By the way, at the moment upgrading from UFE v.1 Source to UFE 2 Lite or UFE 2 Basic is completely FREE! :cool:

Mistermind likes this.
  8. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

prices for pro and source are still the same. "If" it goes on sale, I'm going to pick it up sat. morning when I get paid again. So, hopefully it kicks in by then.

9. Mistermind

Mistermind

From the looks of it they made UFE 2 Source 50% but not UFE 2 PRO. Instead they placed every UFE 1 version (the deprecated ones) at 50% off lol.
    Again sorry about that. It's beyond me.

10. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

when does the cyber week special end? today or sometime next week?

11. Mistermind

Mistermind

I believe next week, probably thursday.

12. FreedTerror

FreedTerror

Hi, I'm working on a networking mode for a 1v1 fighting game that's not using UFE 2 and saw that UFE 2 netcode was using rollback. Was wondering if the netcode might work without using UFE 2, or was it specifically made to only work for UFE 2?
    Wanting to explore a few options as far as networking goes at the moment. Currently using UNET and the latency is very noticeable. I'm happy to provide you with any details you might need for my setup.
    Here's a few videos from a recent test me and a friend did.

13. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hi
    Unfortunately the netcode is not something that can be applied to any project.
    The Rollback Netcode, for the lack of better descriptive name, is more then just rollback.
    The rollback is a time manipulation system that is applied once your project support deterministic physics and a "playback" functionality. Deterministic physics means you cant use floats or any of Unity's physics engine.
    UFE comes with its own physics engine and a custom fixed point math library, along with its own "time machine" and netcode allowing for rollback.
    You can read more about it in the following links:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:netcode
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:network

FreedTerror likes this.
  14. FreedTerror

FreedTerror

Thanks for the response. So without complicating things would it be fair to say that UFE 2 netcode really only works with the UFE 2 engine? I'd be willing to give UFE 2 a try but I require specific mechanics as I have the offline mode mechanics completed. Would you mind if I message you with the mechanics needed for my game?

15. Mistermind

Mistermind

Yeah, pretty much. You can use UFE 2 as base and even attempt to replicate the work done in your own code, but it's definitely a workload.
    And sure, feel free to PM me.

FreedTerror likes this.
  16. tokinoue

tokinoue

Hello
    When I opened the DEMO scene, I got two errors.
    And there was no response to the operation.
    The unity version used is Unity 2019.2.16f1 (64-bit).

ArgumentException: Input Axis P1KeyboardHorizontal is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Settings -> Input

ArgumentException: Input Axis Mouse Wheel is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Settings -> Input

What should I do about this?

17. Mistermind

Mistermind

The setup must have failed to import the input manager.
    Under Unity's toolbar, go to Window -> U.F.E. -> Project Settings -> Override Input Manager.

Alternatively, you can manually override the input manager by following these steps:
    • Close Unity.
    • Using the explorer and navigate to (Project Folder)\Assets\UFE\Engine\ProjectSettings
    • Open ProjectSettings.zip
    • Extract its content to (Project Folder)\ProjectSettings
    • Reopen your project in Unity
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/installation

18. tokinoue

tokinoue

Hi♪
    Thanks to that, I was able to open the DEMO scene.

But the game screen is dark
    It is dark even if I edit the camera settings, what should I do?

And one more thing, I want to use the XBOX one controller.
    I want you to tell me how to map with an image.

Attached Files:

19. Mistermind

Mistermind

Aside from the Input Manager, it looks like some settings were either changed or missing. Its hard to tell what you changed from the screenshots alone, so I can't tell what went wrong.
    I recommend you start a new project and re-import UFE package to it (instead of copying the files).
    About the Xbox controller and the settings you are changing, I did some quick research, perhaps this will help you:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/uk...oller-support-and-input-to-your-unity3d-game/

Make sure you don't change the names under the input manager, or if you do, make sure you update the references under Global Editor -> Input Options.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  20. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Really in need of push block feature, can we get a small update with features that are pretty much done or a patch even? :) thanks

21. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry, I know I have that listed on my ToDo list for a long time, but I have a somewhat strict roadmap and priority list to follow as well as patreon requests.
    That's not to say I wont add that feature. Just that it takes some time to get to the low priority requests.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  22. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Mastermind, need your help if you dont mind.

1.I'm trying to get character cancel into block after performing a (Move)dash like in the marvel series. Could you give me some pointers. I thought "Allow Move Canceling" would do the trick, but it does nothing, and even if it did, wouldnt want all moves to cancel into block anyways.

Any guide would help thanks a bunch

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  23. Mistermind

Mistermind

Humm. there isn't a way to cancel moves currently being played into block, but you could try reducing the animation frames so the character is only affected by the forces applied, but is still free to perform a block.
    Adding this code wise can be a bit complicated, but I'll see if I can add a toggle under Chain Moves for "Allow block" in the future.

Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  24. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Just looking at this for a 2D fighting game (retro sprite art) but I can't find any demos, videos, or screenshots of anyone who's done this with this engine? I see it's listed as a feature but can anyone point me to an example of this please (other than the one 2D video that describes hit boxes).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  25. Mistermind

Mistermind

Here you go:

I'll see if I can update the demo with a 2D character soon.

26. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

dammit! I'm stuck :( really need your help

I want to add assist. I'm using 2D sprites. For some reason game freeze up when I call assist, and hit any direction, or button. But when I call assist without hit anything, to work randomly but most of the time it will freeze game as well.Usually, when I call the assist once without hitting a button it will work, but the 2nd time I call assist it freezes anyways. I have source, anyway I can fix this?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MoveSetScript.TestMoveExecution (UFE3D.MoveInfo move, UFE3D.MoveInfo currentMove, ButtonPress[] buttonPress, System.Boolean inputUp, System.Boolean fromSequence, System.Boolean forceExecution) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/MoveSetScript.cs:1038)
    MoveSetScript.GetMove (ButtonPress[] buttonPress, FPLibrary.Fix64 charge, UFE3D.MoveInfo currentMove, System.Boolean inputUp, System.Boolean forceExecution) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/MoveSetScript.cs:865)
    MoveSetScript.GetMove (ButtonPress[] buttonPress, FPLibrary.Fix64 charge, UFE3D.MoveInfo currentMove, System.Boolean inputUp) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/MoveSetScript.cs:814)
    ControlsScript.testMoveExecution (ButtonPress[] buttonPresses) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/ControlsScript.cs:788)
    ControlsScript.testMoveExecution (ButtonPress buttonPress) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/ControlsScript.cs:783)
    ControlsScript.translateInputs (System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] previousInputs, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] currentInputs) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/ControlsScript.cs:1030)
    ControlsScript.DoFixedUpdate (System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] previousInputs, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] currentInputs) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/ControlsScript.cs:450)
    FluxCapacitor.UpdatePlayer (ControlsScript controlsScript, System.Int64 currentFrame, System.Int64 lastSynchronizedFrame, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] previousInputs, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] currentInputs) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:1590)
    FluxCapacitor.ApplyInputs (System.Int64 currentFrame, System.Int64 lastSynchronizedFrame) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:582)
    FluxCapacitor.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:327)
    UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Manager/UFE.cs:2292)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  27. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

edit: ok it seems back to menu and afterbattlescreen doesnt work when start game immediatly, in global editor, only works when you start game from main menu.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  28. Mistermind

Mistermind

That is correct. "Start Game Immediately" doesn't load every screen in the game. Its mostly used for people that only need to load the game engine but not the entire interface.

29. Mistermind

Mistermind

It probably means you either have a missing move file reference under the character's Moveset or under move links.
    Check both the character and the assist for missing references.

30. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

one more thing. When I assist, then assist spawns and does it thing, but if I hit assist button again while the assist is out, it does it again, instead of waiting intill assist is finished. any quick fix?

Edit: its not during EnterMove which still happens on the right frame, but the exitMove is the problem. assist respawns instant you hit the button.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  31. Mistermind

Mistermind

Here, this might help. Coincidentally, we just got this tutorial posted on the channel:

Its a tutorial about Assist Moves and some do's and don'ts that might help with your question (such as using cooldowns).

Assists using the same character can't be called while that same character is still active on screen. If you want it to be used multiple times you will need multiple character profiles.

FreedTerror and Justin_Wingfall like this.
  32. FreedTerror

FreedTerror

Some other things that would be useful in chain moves would be allowing neutral forward and back jump aka jump cancels. Also allowing chain moves to allow forward or backward movement. I already use moves that take care of those two things but adding those to chain moves would certainly help out.

33. Steviebops

Steviebops

just bought rewired to use with Universal Fighting Engine 2.

Im getting this error when I try to open the control mapper

"Rewired Control Mapper: All references must be assigned in the inspector!"

I posted this on the Rewired thread too, but I thought I might get some insight here as well.

34. LilGames

LilGames

Where is the PC demo download? Your link is bad.

35. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry about that, my server has issues with case sensitive. I didn't notice that. Here is the direct link:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/demo/ufe2/pc/UFE2.zip

36. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

anyway we can get a patch to update to unity 2019.3? I keep getting 'Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet ...' errors in the console. in hdrp. I think it has something to do with UI or something. I get error every damn time the game finish loading, right before it goes into game. :(

37. Sakuya24

Sakuya24

hi,

what is the easiest way to upgrade from UFE2 standard to UFE2 source?
    ive been working on my project using UFE2 standard, but lately i bought UFE2 source version.
    i tried drag & drop the project file into current project but it came out with many errors.
    is there any documents i can read about it?

38. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

nvm, it was the plugin supercombiner F***ing things up.

39. Mistermind

Mistermind

Make sure you are only moving your assets (including your global, character and move editor files) to the new project, and not the entire UFE folder.

Other than that, the only problem you might face is that sometimes Unity may fail to recognize the data imported to the open source files. If that happens you might need to manually update the file manually through a text editor. If you do face these problems, try following these instructions:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8212#p8212

40. Mistermind

Mistermind

UFE will receive a major update soon. Stay tuned.

Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  41. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

if you dont mind me asking could you add a feature to roadmap cvs2 where you choose 3 characters takes turns, and winner's character is heal a certain amount of percentage next match? I guess that's something possible to do once tag mode is implement. thx

and also background for supers. I'm thinking a good way to do this is hide all elements in the scene then call BG animation, once super is over, unhide elements. I done it before but I wonder if there is a cleaner way to do it??? ummmm

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  42. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Can you added weapons?

43. Mistermind

Mistermind

44. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

scratch that is not only plugin, in srp it crashes after loading screen. Seems like any bit of custom code after loading screen crashes the game. Just wondering whats the lastest version of unity requmented to use? thx.

[HDRP][TEMPLATE] SHADOW ATLASING FAILED ERROR THROWN WHILE INCREASING THE VALUE OF RESOLUTION IN SHADOW PROPERTY

45. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

had to pause project S*** is crashing like crazy, I don't know if it's hdrp, or something else. This happening to anyone else? can't wait for 2.3.0 hope this fixes issues.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  46. Sakuya24

Sakuya24

↑ the thread really helped! thank you:)

Mistermind likes this.
  47. Mistermind

Mistermind

I ran a few tests with a clean version of UFE 2.2.1 and it works fine with Unity 2019.3. Must be something else.

48. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

it is I think I found it. this S*** no joke. thx

49. Sakuya24

Sakuya24

hello;
    im trying to test my game using two gamepads. It seemes one works fine but the other doesnt.
    2P character receives only movements of joystick but all other buttons moves 1P character (instead of 2P).
    im using Elecom JC-U3712TBK with Windows 10.

Do you have any suggestions?

50. Mistermind

Mistermind

If you are using Unity Input Manager, take a look at the input configuration under your Project Settings -> Inputs and make sure these are matching the inputs from your controllers.
    Here, read this page:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:input

UFE also supports a range of third party input managers. If you having trouble configuring your inputs, I recommend using Rewired or cInput.