Search Unity

Universal Fighting Engine 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Jul 20, 2018.

1. anjal1234

anjal1234

How to make the opponent win if the player chooses to exit in middle of game??

2. NinjaVR

NinjaVR

3. Mistermind

Mistermind

There are a few events that fires when a player gets disconnected from a match. You can directly subscribe to the Multiplayer API event or write on top of functions that are already catching it:

PhotonMultiplayerAPI.cs has the following event:
    _photonConnector.OnPlayerDisconnectedFromMatch
    And it uses the function below to when a player leaves the match:
    RaiseOnPlayerDisconnectedFromMatch(PlayerInformation player)

This function is overridden from MultiplayerAPI.cs. You can use one of these functions -or- create your own and subscribe directly to the event above.

If you have UFE Source, you can also use OnPlayerDisconnectedFromMatch. This is where all the functions ultimately leads to.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  4. Mistermind

Mistermind

5. Papok

Papok

Hey,

I want to create a game for a one-time event. Just hook up 4 character and one stage. It's important for me to have a simple menu where you can choose a character and press start if any of two players wants to play. If only one presses start, the game starts with AI.

Is this doable with LITE / BASIC / STANDARD?

Best,
    ja

6. Mistermind

Mistermind

Yes it is possible. You should get the Lite version first, and if you need a more complex AI you can upgrade to Basic at any moment.

7. ysleungrockman

ysleungrockman

Hi, I have 3 questions before I buy the packages:
    1. If I buy Lite first, but then I want to upgrade to Basic, do I have to pay whole $99 or I can pay cheaper for the upgrade?
    2. Do Lite and Basic have some animations for me to test with?
    3. There is one function called character assist that can be accessed in Standard or higher package, would you mind to explain on this function a little more what this is like in this engine? Is it something like the assist in game like Dragon Ball FighterZ?

8. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hello
    You only need to pay the difference between versions when upgrading to a higher tier of the product. If you buy Lite and later want to upgrade to Basic, your total will be $30.

Yes. Both Lite and Basic comes with 3 characters and over 150 animations.

That is correct. Except for the tag-team functionality, the assist is similar to what you'd see in the DBFighterZ or Marvel vs Capcom games.
    The option allows you to spawn any number of characters in any frame of the 'assist call' move. Once spawned, the assist will play the 'Enter Move' and once its over it will play the 'Exit Move' and be despawned.
    If the assist gets hit it will cancel out the 'Enter Move' and once it recovers from stun, it will play the 'Exit Move'.
    Both assist and main character can get hit at once, and the result is very similar to games with tag teams (aka 'birthday'):

You can test the functionality in the demo. Using the character 'Ethan' press the 'Light Kick' (G key on Player 1, Delete on Player 2) to summon the assist:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/demo/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    ysleungrockman likes this.
  9. nosferathoo

nosferathoo

I'm starting to use UFE Lite and every time I want to Apply Changes to hitboxes I get this error

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Given path is not valid: 'Characters/Robot_Kyle'
    2. UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.SavePrefab (UnityEngine.GameObject inputObject, System.String path, ReplacePrefabOptions replaceOptions, PrefabCreationFlags creationFlags, System.Boolean& success) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.bindings.cs:183)
    3. UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset (UnityEngine.GameObject instanceRoot, System.String assetPath, System.Boolean& success) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.cs:1165)
    4. UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset (UnityEngine.GameObject instanceRoot, System.String assetPath) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.cs:1172)
    5. CharacterEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    6. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    7. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    8. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    9. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    10. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    11. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    12. UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition, Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:302)
    It's always the same path even if choose Loading Method - Prefab, create entirely new character etc.

10. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry about that. There is a problem with the 'Prefab' loading method caused by the latest Unity update. I'll be issuing an update patch within the next 2 to 3 weeks. In the meantime, use the loading method 'Resource Folder':

11. nosferathoo

nosferathoo

Unfortunately it's the same error when I click Apply Changes with Resource Folder method:
    upload_2019-2-10_15-3-33.png

12. Mistermind

Mistermind

Is the file 'Mike.prefab' inside 'UFE\Demo\Resources\Characters' folder?

13. nosferathoo

nosferathoo

Yes

14. nosferathoo

nosferathoo

is it possible to get my hands on older build for Unity 2017?

15. Mistermind

Mistermind

Humm. UFE 2.x might not work on versions of Unity lower then 2018 due to some crucial changes made by the Unity team, but we can try compiling the libraries for Unity 2017 and see what happens.
    I can also send you an updated version of the UFE 2.1.1 library that fixes the save problem you were having. Email me your invoice number at mistermind@live.com so I can send you a replacement file and/or a re-compiled version of UFE for Unity 2017 (let me know in the email).

16. GlitchInTheMatrix

GlitchInTheMatrix

Hi MMind, It works with HDRP ?

17. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hello. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. UFE 2 supports loading both scene and prefab files in the stage options.

18. GlitchInTheMatrix

GlitchInTheMatrix

I see, sound good!
    About HDRP, previous material are not compatibles with HDRP.

19. mandelduck

mandelduck

forgive me I am a newb with UFE,
    I downloaded the UFE 2 LITE asset and I am trying to import a new character from a free unity humanoid I found here
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3 … mple-79870

I created a prefab of the asset and added the hitboxes script

Then I create a new character in the config and add the prefab in the character config panel
    I then go to hitboxes and try and add a hitbox, when I click apply changes I get the error

```
    ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path is null or empty
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.SavePrefab (UnityEngine.GameObject inputObject, System.String path, ReplacePrefabOptions replaceOptions, PrefabCreationFlags creationFlags, System.Boolean& success) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.bindings.cs:180)
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset (UnityEngine.GameObject instanceRoot, System.String assetPath, System.Boolean& success) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Prefabs/PrefabUtility.cs:1165)
    ```

furthermore the character has no animation when loaded in a battle scene

Am I missing something here? thanks!

20. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry about that. There is a small compatibility issue with Unity 2018.3 that will be addressed on the next update. Send me a private message or email with your invoice number so I can send you the updated libraries.

21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Still no decent video tutorials?

22. Mistermind

Mistermind

Depends on your definition of decent. Any particular tutorial you are looking for?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  23. sparklesonic

sparklesonic

Hi, I am quite interested in this product since I have wanted to make some form of simple fighting game for awhile. The only thing is that I am much more interested in making a 2D fighting game compared to 2.5, and I haven't really seen any images related to how 2D works in the engine. I know it's possible, since you listed it as a feature, but I wanted to know just how it works. Is it pretty much the same as the way the 2.5D works just without the models and removing the z-axis, or is it a completely different beast entirely?

24. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry about that. 2D has just recently been added to UFE and I'm still working on the media and tutorials. The tool comes with a 2D demo character that you can use as a template.

I'll be posting a video tutorial very soon. Stay tuned.

Edit: Video posted. Check post below.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  25. Mistermind

Mistermind

New video tutorial now live: 2D Animations & Custom Hitboxes

26. BlackHypo

BlackHypo

Hi, first of all thanks for developing such a great tool. I was started to use it for my personal project in 2015 and paused it for several years. Thankfully now I have time to playing around with it but unfortunately couldn't run it on actual Unity versions. What should I do to update my UFE 1 pro bundle to UFE 2 ?

Mistermind likes this.
  27. J0linar

J0linar

@MMind
    What i want to do is to let the player play a fighting game on a handheld ingame.
    All that i know how to but i got issues with the UFE Lites UI.
    So my Questions is there any chance to switch the UI's Canvas Camera to World or Worldspace in UFE Lite so that the prefab keeps this Setzung? Version Unity 2019.2

28. Mistermind

Mistermind

You can upgrade to UFE 2 directly on the Asset Store. The discount prices are automatically applied based on the previous version of UFE 1 you had.

Lite: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/ufe-2-lite-126325
    Basic: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/ufe-2-basic-126329
    Standard: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/ufe-2-standard-126331
    PRO: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/ufe-2-pro-125472
    Source: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/ufe-2-source-126124

29. Mistermind

Mistermind

I'm not sure I understood the question. Can you rephrase it?

30. J0linar

J0linar

UFE gui prefabs are all under a Canvas that is grayed out, what i want is to change the following
    RenderMode - "Screen Space Camera"
    Render Camera - "Camera"

i can do this when i start the game but i cant save it, i guess i could write a script that searches for the canvas and turns its rendermode and render camera to predefined settings but that just sounds so overkill.

31. Mistermind

Mistermind

I see. You are correct. The canvas is generated dynamically and at the moment it's not possible to use the UFE Editor interfaces to change that option.
    The best solution might in fact be what you suggested: Write a small script that searches for a canvas and changes the render mode at the start function.

I'll see if I can add some interface access for the canvas in the future.

32. Mistermind

Mistermind

33. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

How do make fights in a 3d scene? Is that not possible?

34. J0linar

J0linar

Any chance we could get this update so in?
    Am not in a hurry but my tries ended up unsuccesful.. am even thinkin to drop the use of ufe2 for my current project... of course i would prefer to use ufe, without ufe i would need to write the whole fighting/stages logic myself :(

35. Mistermind

Mistermind

Do you mean 3d arena type games (Tekken, DoA, Soulcalibur)? At the moment UFE only supports 2D and 2.5D games (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc..), but there are plans to have that feature added in future versions. There is a small community of developers that were able to create that feature themselves. Check out this thread:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    pushingpandas likes this.
  36. Mistermind

Mistermind

Under "UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultMainMenuScreen.cs" (or any other UI screen you'd like to change), add the following lines under the function OnShow():
    Code (csharp):
    2.         GameObject canvasGO = GameObject.Find("/CanvasGroup/Canvas");
    3.         Canvas canvas = canvasGO.GetComponent<Canvas>();
    4.         canvas.renderMode = RenderMode.ScreenSpaceCamera;
    5.         canvas.worldCamera = Camera.main;

And yes, this script is open source in all versions of UFE.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    J0linar likes this.
  37. J0linar

J0linar

Oh no... facepalm, i overcompicated it and did not realize the obvious.
    Thanks that works like expected.

Mistermind likes this.
  38. waqas_haxhmi

waqas_haxhmi

Hello,
    I am interest in this plugin, Can this plugin useful for Super Smash Bros Melee type game ?

39. Mistermind

Mistermind

Not out of the box. It can emulate some of the physics (if you know how to code UFE events), but currently UFE doesn't support more than 2 players at once.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  40. J0linar

J0linar

@MMind
    any chance to get UFE 2 working with 2018 LTS?
    I do have a older install that worked with 2018 Versions of Unity but a couple updates ago UFE2 switched to 2019 only.

41. Mistermind

Mistermind

I can send you a retroactive release of UFE 2 (http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog). Version 2.1.1 was the last update compatible with Unity 2018 (2018.3).
    Send me a private message with your invoice number so I can send you the unitypackage file.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  42. BurningHeroG

BurningHeroG

Hello,

I plan to purchase UFE 2 and I would like to know if it has support for Playmaker?

43. Mistermind

Mistermind

No, but you won't need it.
    UFE is a complete game package. It already contains all menu screens and necessary UI.

That said, you can probably link a few things into Playmaker if needed (such as loading the game engine directly through a scene)

44. BurningHeroG

BurningHeroG

Ok. I would also like to know if I can make a Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 3 (from the Super Famicom NOT the DBZF game) style game with the splitscreen effect? I already have my splitscreen manager I just need to know if I can use it with UFE 2? The splitscreen script uses two cameras and a mask to perform the splitscreen effect. Also, I see where a day after I purchased UFE 2 Lite for $59 USD, the Basic version went on sale for $39. Is there any way to rectify this?

45. Mistermind

Mistermind

Without the source version you can try overriding the camera script by disabling it (UFE.cameraScript), and setting your PlayMaker events to control the main camera.

It didn't go on sale. You get a discount if you want to upgrade it to the next tier. Unity automatically applies that discount based on the version you have.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  46. BurningHeroG

BurningHeroG

Ok. Thank you. I just need to know where do I go within my project to disable the camera script. I've looked through the UFE folder and I cannot find any way of doing so. When looking in the UFE>Engine>Plugins folder and I see the camera script but when I click on it a popup says "This program cannot be run in DOS mode. There is no option to tick the disable box in the inspector either. Can you tell me how to go about disabling the script? I am using a Macbook pro OSX 10.12.6 in case you need this info.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  47. Mistermind

Mistermind

Non source versions of the product have the core files compiled into libraries. You can't change those scripts, but it is possible to access its members if you know what you are doing.

To learn a bit more about UFE code and access some of its functionalities check out this link:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/code

To do what you want you will need to know some C# and have some level of comfortability with intellisense. When I said UFE.cameraScript I mean it's a public reference inside the static class UFE to access the script that controls the camera.
    You could try disabling that script so PlayMaker can handle the camera movement, but it might not be necessary. It's hard to say without doing some tests.

Either way, after that you will probably want to access the players positions. You can get a hold of the ControlsScript by accessing the data from UFE.p1ControlsScript and UFE.p2ControlsScript (ex: UFE.p1ControlsScript.transform.position).

Make sure you also change the values under Maximum Player Distance under Global Editor -> Camera Options (http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:camera)

This might not be so easy if you are not familiar with C#, but it is possible to accomplish using UFE Lite and some determination.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  48. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

man this asset serious need video tutorials....

49. Mistermind

Mistermind

Agreed. It’s also the main reason why I started a Patreon.
    If we reach our first goal, more video tutorials is the first thing on the list:
    https://www.patreon.com/mindstudios

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    pushingpandas likes this.
  50. daniloalves450

daniloalves450

I getting a bunch of network errors:

upload_2019-12-1_12-21-41.png

Any help how clean this out?

Attached Files: