Search Unity

Universal Fighting Engine 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Mistermind

Mistermind

UFELogo-Dalle 803x277.png

Publisher Page | Website | Youtube | Forum | Discord | Patreon | UFE 1.x

Universal Fighting Engine (UFE 2) is a set of tools and framework designed to develop 2D, 2.5D and 3D fighting games using a variety of custom easy-to-use Unity editors.

intross2.jpg
    The biggest additions to the toolkit on version 2 is the native netcode with deterministic physics (designed to run online matches in a smooth lag-free environment) support for 2D animations and a brand new mode that allows for 3D gameplay (similar to Tekken, Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive).​

Give it a try, download the demos here:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/download

Multiplayer is cross-platform.
    To search for a match hit "Online". It will search for matches in a US Server (Powered by Photon).

Feature Spotlight:

What is new on 2.x:

Supported Addons:

Upcoming Features (UFE 3):
    • Tag Team (WIP - Available in the repository)
    • Party mode (more than 2 players at once - WIP - Available in the repository)

This version was specially developed with backwards compatibility in mind. You can follow a 4 easy step procedure to have your project converted from 1.x to 2 in no time.

DP.png
    HitBoxEditor.png
    MoveEditorTutorial.jpg

UFE 2 Features and Prices
    Current Version: 2.6.0 (change log)

Payhip:
    Lite | Basic | Standard | Pro | Source

Asset Store:
    Lite | Basic | Standard | Pro | Source

Patreon:
    https://www.patreon.com/mindstudios
    Notes:
    • You can upgrade to any higher tier of the product by just paying the difference. Ex: If you buy UFE 2 Lite, you can later update to UFE 2 Basic by just paying $40.
    • UFE 2 Lite comes with 4 characters and UFE 2 Basic comes with 5.
    • Upgrade discounts are automatically applied on the Asset Store.
    • If you bought your UFE 1.x addons (Fuzzy or P2P Network) separately, email/PM so I can consider you for the next upgrade tier.
    • Those who purchased UFE 1.x Source can download UFE 2 Standard for free.
    • Patreon Tier 4+ have access to the repository with several WIP features such as "Platform Fighter" and support for 4+ players gameplay (You must own UFE 2 Source).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  2. Mistermind

Mistermind

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  3. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Ever though about doing online lobbies, Or how about something similar to tekken 7 were your in training room and being able to practice while it search of opponent,, to give user something to do? Would that be a challenge to add in. thanks in advance.

4. Mistermind

Mistermind

Thanks for the advice. I do like the idea of auto-searching while you are playing offline.

Some of the lobby work will be included under "Editor interface for cloud services to store user data", but its hard to say how much I will be able to offer in terms of interface and templates. Lobbies can vary quite a lot from game to game, and Photon Unity Networking already offers plenty of demos.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  5. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Thx for heads up. By the way, I think auto searching would be easier and cleaner for now, anyway could add it to add it as a official feature?, or give us some advice or guild on how to add it? It doesnt sound like it would be to hard to add, but maybe I'm wrong. Thx.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  6. Twrmois

Twrmois

In the old UFE (1.x versions), I was able to get "auto-searching" working through a button in the pause menu, but those versions only supported direct IP connection, not automated matchmaking. Meaning if a player knew your IP, they could connect to you while you're playing an offline mode. It wasn't hard to add, and possibly won't be hard to add in 2.0, but adding some polish (e.g matching by player skill, having a menu for more options on it), may need some more time.

7. Mistermind

Mistermind

Yes

AgentFrenchFry likes this.
  8. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

It's nice to see, that this project is still around. :cool:

Mistermind likes this.
  9. AgentFrenchFry

AgentFrenchFry

Will UFE2 just give every feature from UFE besides the one listed on the UFE2 Chart?

10. Mistermind

Mistermind

Yes, everything on UFE 1 PRO will be available on the lite version of UFE 2.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    AgentFrenchFry likes this.
  11. Steviebops

Steviebops

Do you know when it will be live for purchase?

12. Mistermind

Mistermind

I've just sent UFE PRO to the Asset Store. Its under review atm. I'll hit you guys up when it gets approved.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Steviebops likes this.
  13. Mistermind

Mistermind

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  14. Steviebops

Steviebops

I cant complete payment, tried on two browsers and mobile, can anyone else confirm if they're having an issue?
    for me, the page freezes after logging in to Paypal, no error message appears.

15. Mistermind

Mistermind

Seems to be working here, but don't worry. Send me your receipt number and the email you use for paypal. I'll send you an invoice.

16. AgentFrenchFry

AgentFrenchFry

When will lite be released again?

17. Mistermind

Mistermind

I have just sent all versions of the product. Expect Unity to approve within a week or so. I'll post the sellfy links later today as well.

Steviebops likes this.
  18. Mistermind

Mistermind

19. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I do have some serious questions in regards to UFE 2:

I have been working on a game and grew frustrated because I would use Advanced GI and at runtime I would lose it all (kinda sucks). My question is could I somehow set up UFE where I can use the Unity scene files (like every other game) as levels so I can keep ALL of my lighting info?

And another thing that always bothered me is how touchy the physics are when you model your level based on real world scale and everything feels heavy as hell. I'm primarily a CG artist, and I always model everything in the real world, relative to human height. Have you made changes that would allow the physics to be scalable to real world scale? Things like cloth sim and baking light map get very wonky when you scale up your levels to ridiculous sizes...

Other than that, I am glad this is now available and with a better pricing model. I was kinda hoping you would integrate Unity Timeline for doing the game cutscenes (I will be honest with you, the way cutscenes were done in UFE 1 was very clunky and I hated doing them). And also doing combos was very painful and I hope you have added additional ways to do combo like a blend tree to do the combos (Reference how Mecanim allows you to blend animation clips...)

20. Mistermind

Mistermind

That can be achieved by using some of the coding tools such as UFE.StartGame().
    What you do is create your own UI scene and whenever you want to load the game, have a scene with UFE and a config file attached to a game object, and under Global -> Debug Options, toggle "start game immediately".
    You will need a bit of code to set the characters and start the game. It's not difficult, but if you need help try posting in the source code forum.

The units used are the default values provided by most models. You can set the desired physic values by tweaking gravity, mass, friction and forces applied (follow the links).

There is just so much I can provide in terms of cutscenes. At a certain point you will have to learn how to properly use Unity's tools and match them with the events and triggers UFE provides.

Blend trees might be supported in the future, but in a different way. For what you are trying to achieve, I recommend sticking to a good combination of blending in/out values.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    KRGraphics likes this.
  21. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'll look into all of this again. I had videos showing issues I ran into when using real world scale. I'll have to tweak the gravity to really low values when using real world sizes

22. Steviebops

Steviebops

Having some trouble updating my code, I use a fairly standard bit of Look Rotation code to make the characters face each other even on the z-axis.
    I used to rotate the characters using this
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     Transform _myTransform = character.transform;
    2. newLookTarget = Quaternion.LookRotation(opponent.transform.position - _myTransform.position);
    3. _myTransform.rotation = Quaternion.Slerp(_myTransform.rotation, newLookTarget, rotSpeed * Time.deltaTime);
    But I cant get the characters to rotate properly using the new localTransform/worldTransform changes.

Code (CSharp):
    2.   FPTransform _myTransform = worldTransform;
    4.         newLookTarget = FPQuaternion.LookRotation(opControlsScript.worldTransform.position - _myTransform.position);
    5. localTransform.rotation = FPQuaternion.Slerp(localTransform.rotation, newLookTarget, rotSpeed * Time.deltaTime);
    I've tried swapping the localTransform/worldTransform around, but it doesn't seem to be working. I could use some advice.

23. Mistermind

Mistermind

Definitely something I wanna get my hands on, but right now I feel like this can become a topic of its own. I'll create a new Forum specifically designed to deal with UFE 2 source code so you can make a thread about it. Nice to see you getting used to the FP methods. That is exactly where your beast will be.

24. Steviebops

Steviebops

Good to hear, Im stuck at that problem for the moment.

25. realcainmarko

realcainmarko

Im scared to buy UFE 2 due to the lack of support on 1. great engine but for a person who cant code and I keep getting errors like

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source
    System.Linq.Check.Source (System.Object source)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[ButtonPress[]] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    RuleBasedAI.ChooseMovement (.ControlsScript self, .ControlsScript opponent, Single deltaTime) (at Assets/UFE Addons/Fuzzy AI/Runtime/RuleBasedAI.cs:372)
    RuleBasedAI.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE Addons/Fuzzy AI/Runtime/RuleBasedAI.cs:121)
    UFEController.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFEController.cs:76)
    UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:2229)

and I have no idea what it points to in the project its almost like I just threw 300$ out the window. But I need this to work can anyone help. Can post screenshots of anything needed

26. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hi, Can you be more specific? Where and when does this error happens? Also, make sure you use our actual forums for specific topics and replicable issues. This is a topic for UFE 2 discussion only.

I never seen you or this bug being reported anywhere. I can't validate you on that critique.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  27. Mistermind

Mistermind

28. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Rewired issue

When I hit the damn Done button after configuring buttons, it freezes game, and when I hit start again it takes me into the options screen that seems to be from the main menu, then once I exit that menu, I'm back on the main menu itself.

also, if I hit start while I'm in button mapping screen, the characters would move in the background...

please help. I hear everyone saying it works with rewired but no one is bringing up these issues...

I'm using ufe 1.8.6 and rewired... please dont tell me its only fixed in ufe 2.0, that will suck....:(

29. Mistermind

Mistermind

I haven't had the chance to use Rewired yet and I haven't updated anything regarding their tool on UFE 2. I do however have clients that use Rewired in both UFE 1 and UFE 2, and I haven't heard any issues from them. Feel free to post this in the UFE 1.x Forums. I'm sure someone might be able to help you.

30. Mistermind

Mistermind

31. guavaman

guavaman

If you are using the Rewired UFE integration that comes with Rewired, this is not something the developer of UFE can support. I created the integration and it's included with Rewired.

>> When I hit the damn Done button after configuring buttons, it freezes game,

The game is not freezing. What's happening here is the UI normally displayed when the game is paused is not being displayed after Control Mapper is closed. The game should not be unpausing at this point, but it should be displaying the UI. The code that handles opening and closing the Control Mapper UI was written only testing the UI on the main game UI. Opening control remapping during a battle is different and the code that was used to delete the existing UI and re-create it after Control Mapper was closed does not work when control mapping is opened during a battle. This is going to have to be changed. This code is part of UFE in the OptionsScreen.cs file. I am going to have to come up with some other way to handle this. The reason the UI was deleted in the first place was to prevent UI navigation from registering on the UFE UI behind Control Mapper.

>> also, if I hit start while I'm in button mapping screen, the characters would move in the background...

Control Mapper does not block input from your scripts when it is open. It can't do that on its own. Controller Maps that have Actions bound to them are going to be processed even when the Control Mapper screen is open. The UFE script that opens the options screen is watching for this input the entire time Control Mapper is opened. If you press the button bound to "Start" while Control Mapper is open, the UFE script that handles pausing and unpausing is going to fire. Since the Rewired integration makes zero changes to UFE code on purpose, it cannot prevent UFE from pausing/unpausing the game. You would have to change the code in the UFE script to prevent it from processing while Control Mapper is open.

The only other way to do this would be to disable the "Start" bindings when Control Mapper is opened and re-enable them when Control Mapper is closed to prevent "Start" from unpausing the game in the background. I've incorporated this change in the attached RewiredUFEInputManager.cs. Replace the existing CS file in Assets/Rewired/Integration/UniversalFightingEngine/Scripts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Mistermind and Justin_Wingfall like this.
  32. guavaman

guavaman

Change the code in OptionsScreen.cs starting at line 23 to:

Code (csharp):
    1. } else if(UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.Rewired && UFE.isRewiredInstalled) {
    2.             if(RewiredInputController.inputConfiguration != null) {
    3.                 RewiredInputController.inputConfiguration.ShowInputConfigurationUI(() => {
    4.                     // Enable interaction again after closed
    5.                     if (gameObject.GetComponent<CanvasGroup>() != null) gameObject.GetComponent<CanvasGroup>().interactable = true;
    6.                 });
    7.                 // Prevent interaction on the screen while Control Mapper is open
    8.                 CanvasGroup canvasGroup = gameObject.GetComponent<CanvasGroup>();
    9.                 if (canvasGroup == null) canvasGroup = gameObject.AddComponent<CanvasGroup>();
    10.                 canvasGroup.interactable = false;
    11.             }
    12.         }
    This change in the code will have to be made in UFE as well since this is part of the core and not part of the Rewired integration.

This change makes it disable the existing UI input using a CanvasGroup to disable interactability while Control Mapper is open.

Mistermind and Justin_Wingfall like this.
  33. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

thanks will try this and see what happens thanks bro

34. guavaman

guavaman

Hi,

Just to make sure, you have to do 2 things to make it work:

1. Replace the script in this post.
    2. Edit the script in this post.

Justin_Wingfall and Mistermind like this.
  35. Mistermind

Mistermind

36. Mistermind

Mistermind

37. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Everything is all good, thanks a lot. To anyone with the same problem I had, everything is working, be sure to thank, guavaman

Mistermind likes this.
  38. pritsam

pritsam

Hi..So i was using UFE 1 Source + bundle .and in ufe 1 i found out that you guys used world space transformation instead of local space.did you guys fixed that in ufe 2. and in ufe 1 legacy network component was used. did you also fixed that. and in ufe 2 can i use dedicated server based approach. if so , i can upgrade to ufe 2 as with ufe 1 i cant upgrade my unity version to unity 2018.2. and i really wanted those to be fixed because it seems those were really some obstacle in development.

But hey--Thanks for the Greatest Package ever..You Guys are the best.

39. Mistermind

Mistermind

I'm unsure how to answer this, but UFE uses both local and world transform. UFE 2 uses a different type of vector and transform (Fix64) to make the engine deterministic, and relies a lot more on world space.
    Either way, UFE 2 physics engine is far more advanced than UFE 1.

The network component for UFE 1 has been deprecated. UFE 2 uses a completely new system that incorporates server support and a brand new netcode: http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:netcode

With exception of the Source version, UFE 2 is only compatible with 2018.2 +
    UFE 2 Source works on Unity 2017+

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  40. GorillaDevelopers

GorillaDevelopers

hi

i have UFE 2.0 and i have converted my project from UFE 1.8 to 2.0 and try to build for android device but it stucks in start and dont show any intro screen, i try to build project for pcs it is working properly.

i have tested the apk on glaxy s4 mobile and bluestack.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
  41. Mistermind

Mistermind

Under Build Settings -> Player Settings, set Scripting Backend to IL2CPP:
    android_player_settings.png

You will also need to download Android NDK version r13b (You will be prompted to do so)

Here are a few useful links:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/IL2CPP-BuildingProject.html
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-sdksetup.html

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  42. Nitin_CMLABS

Nitin_CMLABS

Hi,
    I am making a 2D fight game which will use 2D sprites for players. The game will support both single player and multiplayer matches.
    I want to know that:-
    1. Does UFE 2 supports 2D sprites ? Can i make my players fight via using 2D sprites?
    2. I just want to use basic features like punch,kick,throwing some weapon on other player and AI for single player. So can i go with UFE 2 LITE version ?

43. Mistermind

Mistermind

1. Not out of the box, but there is a very good tutorial about it here: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1309

2. Yes, you can have all that with UFE 2 LITE

44. Imillionaire

Imillionaire

Can this be used to create a Super Smash Bros type game? with more than just 1v1. like 4 player FFA, or 2v2. If it supports more than 1v1, Can it support up to 8?

45. Mistermind

Mistermind

Not yet. The next update will introduce character assists and the ability to hit multiple targets at once, but UFE is still a few steps from supporting more than 2 players at once.

46. SzKaz

SzKaz

which is the version that just brings something more complete of this package.

buy the basic to see how it works, but I even get errors that are missing more things, then what version should I buy that is complete, the models of examples, already with the package working as the tutorials of the videos?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  47. Mistermind

Mistermind

If you plan on altering deep parts of the source code to add your own features or the ones that are not available yet, your best bet is UFE 2 Source.

If you are just going to use the features available 'out of the bag' and only need surface level code using the engine's events and properties, UFE 2 PRO is the answer.

48. SzKaz

SzKaz

great, thank you very much, now I know why I should buy the asset next time

Mistermind likes this.
  49. Mistermind

Mistermind

No problem. You should take advantage of the Cyber Monday going on right now. UFE 2 PRO is 50% off.
    You can also upgrade to Source at any moment by just paying the difference from the original value.

50. Mistermind

Mistermind