Search Unity

UnityWebRequest getting 400 A malformed request was made

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by alphadogware, Jul 6, 2019.

1. alphadogware

alphadogware

I am trying to convert my ios/android/web page nonunity project to unity so that I can take advantage of the cross-platform advantage unity has and convert 3 code bases to one.

I can get connected with a UnityWebRequest with my id/pwd. But when I try and send the next web request to pull data from my web service, I get a 400/malformed request. I have compared what is being sent in the nonunity projects to what is being sent in the new test unity project and I can't find a difference, but obviously there is one.

using (UnityWebRequest webRequest2 = UnityWebRequest.Get(baseUrl + "url removed"))
    {
    webRequest2.chunkedTransfer = true;
    webRequest2.useHttpContinue = false;
    webRequest2.redirectLimit = 128;
    webRequest2.timeout = 60;
    webRequest2.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/json; charset=utf-8");
    webRequest2.SetRequestHeader("Accept", "application/json");
    webRequest2.SetRequestHeader("Cookie", cookie);
    webRequest2.SetRequestHeader("Authorization", authToken);
    webRequest2.method = "GET";
    yield return webRequest2.SendWebRequest();
    }

When I throw the url and cookie into PostMan the request works fine and I get the expected body back.

I've been scouring google trying to find any solution for this issue. Any help at all would be appreciated. I REALLY want to convert this big project over to unity, but I can't if I can't fix this issue.

2. alphadogware

alphadogware

Update : If I build the unity project out to ios, then I get the expected json code returned. Getting a certificate error if I try and build to android. Will update when fixed.

3. alphadogware

alphadogware

Update : lol. My cert error was because the date on my android device was set to year 2012. I now get the expected json code returned in ios AND android.

Any ideas why I get Bad Request from the editor, but it works on mobile device?

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Try with chunkedTransfer set to false. If that doesn't help, use some HTTP debugging proxy (i.e. Fiddler) to examine the traffic.

5. alphadogware

alphadogware

Thanks for the reply. I tried both values of chunked transfer, but no difference. I will look into Fiddler. Thanks again.