Search Unity

UnityWebGL export apk and ios

Discussion in 'Web' started by Deleted User, May 21, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Recently, I'm trying to do this thing.I make a project and make unitywebgl build.Then I used cocoon.io website to make a build . It used the cordova. And after I set the configuration I make a build of android and ios.But in this way , after installed on the mobile. The performance is really bad.The game has a serious lagging.And the framerate is really low.
    I wonder if there is any way to optimize the performance. I have tried many ways , like optimize the textures , the audios and codes.Also use hardwareacceleration . It could improve the performance,but not enough.
    I wonder this is because unitywebgl export from c# -----> c++ ----> js. Can I do any optimize to improve the game speed running on mobile.May anyone experience this before. I hope I can get a reply or help. Thanks very much.

2. JJJohan

JJJohan

If you're specifically targeting mobile devices you're much better off building directly to iOS/Android from within Unity. I'm not sure why you're exportinng to WebGL first in this case?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

WebGL on mobile has terrible performance, especially on somewhat older devices.
    Also, the warning message that pops up after loading the page on a mobile device says it all ;)

For phone and/or tablets just build native apps, it's so much less hassle.
    Also, WebGL has some restrictions to certain areas in Unity, certain things will not work in WebGL anyway.