Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityScript Editor 2.0.8

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by SolusHunter, May 3, 2010.

1. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Forget this other issue. It was my fault - had some function 30 lines below my code. So each time I add something before in my code, scrolling gets weird 'cause it then only tries to scroll document to the end after pressing enter. :oops:

Edit: Ups, it's still an issue if I have more code in my document, it tries to scroll to this line if I press enter. I should add some screenshot.

2. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

3. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thanks, it's working now. But now when I press enter it losts indent. Cursor goes to begin of the line and losts all tabs.

4. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

5. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

It works, but only if I press enter once. I if press enter again, it lost tab again. :oops:

6. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Ok, I'll look into it. It will rebuild the indentation as you continue working on the script.

7. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Indentation works only problem is the cursor, which forgets indentation.

8. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I've resolved the indentation issue but there is one outstanding issue (small). The indentation is lost if you use the cursor keys and navigate to an empty line. I'm going to see about fixing that tomorrow but I thought it best to release the multiple line feed glitch.

version 1.7.3:
    http://www.arsoftware.co.uk/products_unityscripteditor_download.php

9. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Yes it works - thanks :). So for now seems only one small issue left. Not so much for a big update like this!

Saw your about some minutes ago... Thank you very much for mention my nickname :).

10. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

There is a small miss spelling in UnityScript.xml. That's why FindGameObjectsWithTag isn't highlighted correctly.

Line 109 FindGameObjectWithTag -> FindGameObjectsWithTag

11. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Thanks. That's been fixed ready for the next update.

12. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

13. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thanks and it works great. All open issues are fixed so far. Maybe one small thing... Can you add (again) that intelliprompt disappears after I've typed a word which isn't on that list? And right now if I declare variables (var, public, private...) / functions intelliprompt list pops up (and doesn't disappear). Oh and after auto-closing braces and brackets what about auto "closing" quotes? Great for string-declarations.

14. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Do you mean that if you had:

var test:GameObject;

and then you type in

test5

the intelliprompt won't go away even if you continue to:

test5=test5+10;

15. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

No, intelliprompt goes away if I type = or space but it doesn't disappear within a word, for example:

if I type gameObject.ts it still shows me this list 'cause there is some word which begins with "t". But there isn't a word with "ts" at the beginning. The same if I write function, var, public, private, static, if.... List is also no more showing after 3 or 4 characters but immediately.

Oh and the backspace / intelliprompt issue is back in var declaration..

16. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

The narrowing down in the intelliprompt isn't a feature of the editor component I'm using. I've sort of added a workaround for the non-standard intelliprompt for the custom variables but for the standard ones I have no control so cannot get it to start narrowing down the list :(

I have noticed the backspace/delete thing has sneaked in again. Pesky bug that one.

17. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

But if I remember correctly in earlier versions intelliprompt disappeared if I've typed a word which didn't match function in intelliprompt? Is it not possible to check this live and maybe hide this list if there is no match?

18. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I will check into it. It might have been in a version before the variable implementation. I have tried for an hour or so today to work out why it stays up but I'm feeling a little burnt out. So, I'm going to take a break for today, and take another look during the week.

19. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

No problem. Take some break, you've developed a lot last days/weeks. In version 1.5.3 intelliprompt hide after typing > 2 characters. So when I write: gameObject.tdd this list disappears. Also this list does't show after typing function, if, var because it first shows after 3 or 4 characters. Must have something to do with intelliprompt rework.

20. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Just thought I'd check in with everyone and give you an update on my progress.

I've put together a test routine that is letting me narrow down the intelliprompts as you type and I hope to complete this in a day or so.

This should also sort out the recurring backspace intelliprompt triggering as well.

21. siliwangi

siliwangi

nice,do you have any plan for custom background,highlight,font color?,the white on my notebook bright,great work so far.

Edit:

Found a bug,the editor will crash if the editor already open and user click a script to edit.

22. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Once everything is done and sorted I will look into implementing colour change options.

23. siliwangi

siliwangi

great :) ,about the bug above,it just crashes when trying edit a script which i've get from package,it seems the editor confuse where to located the script files from the package,sometime it just blank but mostly crash if it's already opened.

24. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Are you using the standard Assets folder for your game files?

UnityScript Editor uses the Assets folder as the base folder for the project and will then attempt to expand a scripts folder within that.

I haven't had any crashes when opening scripts myself.

25. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Any news about your progress?

26. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

It's been a pretty busy week and the update has been proving more time consuming than I expected.

I performed a test this morning and everything is looking good. So all being well I hope to complete the update tomorrow.

27. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.9.0 is now available for download.

This version has a new intelliprompt system that will narrow down the options available as you type.

I've tested it under as many different situations as I can come up with and everything looks great. Let me know if something doesn't work quite as well as it should.

This version also adds 3 color schemes for the editor window; default (white background), dark (black background), gray (dark gray background).

I've also added a couple of checks to provent any potential problems with the project file list panel.

28. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thank you so much for your hard work. Intelliprompt works a lot better now. But the backspace issue is still there in some cases like var declaration. There is also an issue with intelliprompt if I declare some variable like this:

var myVar :<--- it shows me this list and all works but if I write var myVar :G[...]<--- then it goes back to "Animation". And the bad thing about that is, I can't declare a variable as GameObject or something 'cause it tries to auto-complete it to Animation, so it is "Gnimation" instead.. In combination with backspace issue it is really annoying.

Another things is upper- and lowercase. If I write deb... it shows me "Debug" in intelliprompt - that is correct, but after completion it is debug, not Debug. Is it possible to complete this things as they are shown in intelliprompt list?

29. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I'll check the backspace issue again. I did test that out through quite a few different methods and it look like it was ok for me.

Not sure why the type declaration thing has gone astray.

The problem with enabling full autocorrect for the intelliprompts (Debug instead of debug) is that in Unity there are a number of cases where there are two commands with the same name (GameObject and gameObject), and sometimes the use of these isn't clear cut in the editor sense. However, if you start typing with a capital D it will complete it with a capital D.

If you really want to enable full autocorrect I'll let you know how to make a simply change to enable it if you like.

30. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I just checked my install and I'm not getting the backspace issue with var test:G, the intelliprompt is updating correctly as I continue GameObject. Backspace isn't triggering 'Animation' either.

Can you check the version number on the about dialog it sounds like the installer may not have updated all the files correctly?

If it isn't 1.9.0, close UnityScript Editor open the folder where it is installed (Unity/Tools/uniSciTe) and delete the UniSciTe.exe file, then reinstall.

31. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I've reinstall/uninstall it again but it still doesn't work. It must be an issue with existing script. It does work if I delete full code and try it again. But it gets messed up if I try to add vars to my script. By the way... I can't change font any more. Button does nothing.

32. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

What exactly are you typing that is causing the intelliprompt issue?

I've corrected the font button so I'll update the installer once we've identified the issue you're having. Looks like some of the other options in the preferences window have disconnected from their functions. I've fixed those as well.

33. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I've tested this out... I don't know what the problem is but when I write a function below var declaration intelliprompt gets messed up.

It works as long as there is no function or something below. If I write something below it causes this issue.

Example:

var myVar : GameObject; <-- all works fine

/*
    function Update() {

}
    */

but:

var myVar : G; <-- it goes back to Animation each time

function Update() {

}

But thats not the only thing. Auto-closing {, ) gets messed up, too / does not work. And if write while(true and then write a ) it completes this true to trueTypeFontImporter...

34. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I think I may have found it. It seems that if you have the variable declaration already defined:

var test:GameObject;

and then go back and delete the :GameObject; part and start typing again it gets a little confused and stuck on Animation in prompt list.

I'll get that fixed.

35. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

In what way is the auto closing braces {..} messing up?

36. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Don't know why but it's really weird. I can't save settings that causes auto-closing issue. I can save and it says that it has been saved setting but it doesn't. Auto-closing is still on false in config. Never had this problem before. But this other issue can't have something to do with declaration. Because it causes each time I write a function below.

37. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Yeah, that's the preferences issue I mentioned earlier. I'm just prepping up an installer now. Give me 5 minutes.

38. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

39. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I've tried it again and it doesn't have something to do with function. This problem occurs if there are empty lines below.

40. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Was that in the 1.9.1 or 1.9.0?

41. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

It does work with 1.9.1 - thanks!

42. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Can you add again that intelliprompt has focus while typing? I mean that some entry is highlighted and I only need to press enter instead of cursor keys?

43. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

- When editor isn't open and I open a script, variables and functions list aren't updated. I must add some text or another instance to avoid this issue.

44. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

45. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thank you - both works fine now :). Only three small issues left:

- I prefer this style of var declaration:

var myVar : GameObject;

it is not possible with current version of intelliprompt. I can use it this way:

var myVar :Game[...]. But when I press SPACE it adds another GameObject:

var myVar :GameObject GameObject; That is not what I want!

- undo has some problem with newlines / enter. undo of new lines takes ages.

- If I set cursor before a statement and press enter, cursor goes on the end of this statement /line.

But all of them aren't so important :). Maybe something for later updates.

46. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.9.3 update.

Added new option for inserting a space before and after : for variable declarations. Note: you shouldn't type any spaces as you work:

var test:Gam->(intelliprompt select);
    var test : GameObject;

If will be reformatted after completion.

Cursor location corrected for inserting a line feed on an existing line

Improved undo handling, this issue was actually due to the automatic formatting/indenting. It was recording each lines indentation process as a seperate undo.

47. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Wow, thanks a million but it is still v1.9.2 on your site.

48. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Lol. Forgot to upload the file. My bad. It's uploaded now :)

49. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Hehe no problem - it works now :D. But how does that extra space thing works? I've checked this in preferences but it doesn't work? Btw. you should change "Integer" intelliprompt entry to "int".

50. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Basically if you type :

var test:

then select a type in the intelliprompt and press enter it will reformat it to:

var test : Animation