Search Unity

UnityScript Editor 2.0.8

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by SolusHunter, May 3, 2010.

1. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thanks! Works way better now!

2. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

..But backspace still triggers certain intelliprompts in some cases. But var declaration with : works fine now.

3. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

No probs, I'll take a look. Can you tell me what the leading characters are that the backspace is triggering?

For example the variable type was caused by the :

4. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

If I understand it correctly... It seems to work with each leading characters but in my case I mean without leading characters like:

* trans .. form
    * ani .. mation
    * Appli .. cation

and so on... So if I write this and use backspace it triggers intelliprompt. Another thing:

is intelliprompt case-sensitive?

If I write gameobject.a it shows me Animation, Application, if I write gameobject.A it shows me active, animation...

5. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Intelliprompt isn't case sensitive. It basis the completed one on the first character you type or the default that is in the listing. The listing should have the correct case in all instances but it is up to you to ensure that it is correct.

I don't seem to be able to replicate the other intelliprompt completion issues:

when I type transform.anim and then delete .anim nothing happens and even works as it should?

EDIT: I think I see what's happening. I'll get working on a solution :)

6. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

But why does that listing show me "animation" if I type gameObject.A and Animation if I type gameObject.a?

And when you type only transform? or only animation?

7. mikesgames

mikesgames

Thanks again for the updates :D

8. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

The intelliprompt list shows the case that the user guide shows. However:

if you type

gameObject.a - you will get the list for Animation but when you press enter on it it will give you gameObject.animation. And vice-versa.

I think what's happening in your case is that the .animation is correct for when you've just typed a .

However, if you then delete back the editor no longer knows the link the gameObject and so when you start typing again displays the list of primary keywords and variables which would then display Animation instead.

This is the potential pitfalls of the as-you-type system.

9. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I believe I have solved the problem. I should be able to release an update later today.

What happens now is that USE will look backwards to see if you are trying to type a parameter (gameObject.) and then display the relevant entries instead of the generic listing.

I've also corrected the generic intelliprompt list from being triggered via the backspace when it has no preceding state (transfo <backspace)

10. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

11. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thanks, intelliprompt now works as it should! Only one small issue left so far. Intelliprompt for vars still hasn't focus so I need to press cursor-down twice but in intelli-prompt for functions it works. That seems all so far only the autoformat-bracket-problem.. Oh and it would be great if I could scroll Function List / Other Functions with mouse wheel.

12. niosop2

niosop2

Just wanted to say thanks. Just installed it and it looks great. I'll mess with it some this week and if it works as well as it seems it will I'll send some beer money your way.

13. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

New issue with Function List...

If add a predefined function from this list and go out of this function and press enter, editor crashes with an error of argument length must be greater or equals to 0 or something.

14. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

The next update will fix the issue mentioned above; pressing enter on the very last line of a document causes a crash.

The Function List is a standard drop down list so unfortunately there is nothing I can do to add mouse wheel support for that listing (sorry).

I'm working on the variable intelliprompt list double down issue. Hopefully I will have a break through shortly.

After that I'm going to take a look into the bracket closing stuff.

15. temo_koki

temo_koki

I have windows 7, when I have error in my code and I want to see other code, windows gives me error it cann't open other script, but when I correct error, restart Unity Editor then it works fine.

16. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

What steps are you using that causes the error?

17. temo_koki

temo_koki

sometimes when I have code opened and want to open another code together, windows gives me error: "Unity Editor has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution problem"

18. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Hmm, not something that I've experienced. I've had more than 4 documents open at the same time with no issues.

Is it any specific file that causes the crash? Can you tell me the filename and/or attach it so I can see what happens at my end?

19. temo_koki

temo_koki

I can open many documents too, but sometimes it gives me that error. itsn't big problem your editor is super :) , but it will be more super if add help for self variables as it was in old uniscite and it'll be good if selected word will be pasted itself in finding window.

sorry for my english :D

20. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

No problem, I'll dig around and see if I can uncover the cause of the crash.

When you say UniSiTe supported help for self variables, what do you mean?

21. temo_koki

temo_koki

in old editor when I had variable and I started printing, editor showed me variable startig with that letters I had printed.

22. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Ah, I see, that's already available. Go to the Options>Preferences screen and tick the As you type intelliprompt checkbox.

Then as you begin typing a variable a list will display.

Please note: The intelliprompt that is displayed for variables in v1.6.8 requires two down cursor key presses to operate correctly. This is resolved in the next update (available soon).

23. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.6.10 is now available

Selected text is now passed over to the find and replace dialog.
    Double down cursor glitch on intelliprompt variables list should now be fixed (tricky blighter)
    Pressing enter in the very last line no longer causes an error.

http://www.arsoftware.co.uk/products_unityscripteditor_download.php

I'm going to be working on the auto bracket stuff now, I can't guarantee a solution but I'm going to give it a try :)

24. temo_koki

temo_koki

you are good man :D

25. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Best version so far - gets better with each new version :). Hope you'll find some solution for auto-bracket/auto-format. Thanks again for all your great work!

Small issue: Find&Replace icon doesn't work. Only one small issue today :D.

26. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Marvellous :)

Of course I blame you SirLancelot for the Find and Replace bits ;) You mentioned the unecessary Find menu item which I removed, and the button and the other menu item was reliant on it. Oh well nevermind.

It'll be fixed in the next update.

27. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.6.11 is now available.

This is a non critical update that simply fixes the find and replace toolbar button.

28. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

@SolusHunter

Great tool so far. Keep it up :D.

29. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

New day, new issue:

There is a new (small) issue with intelliprompt but it seems only occurs if you write gameObject.transform and > 0 characters. So for example:

gameObject.transform - intelliprompt works and shows me all functions but gameObject.transform.a/b/c/[...l - intelliprompt is still working but I can't scroll with cursor and it pop ups some tooltip with information about "transform".

By the way it would be helpful if intelliprompt shows only proper functions with characters that I've written before. I mean, if I write: transform.a then it shows me only available functions with "a" and so on.

30. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

The infotip displaying at the same time as the memberlist has been fixed and will be included in today's update release later.

Re the memberlist only displaying elements based on what's being typed; sadly this isn't a feature that's available with the component and the upgrade fee for the component is crazy expensive.

31. 3absiso

3absiso

Thanx alot it is rally a very helpful tool

32. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I'm going to delay today's scheduled update until tomorrow so I can finish making some other improvements and additions which I think you're going to like ;)

33. mikesgames

mikesgames

any hints you can give???? :D

34. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Oh alright then. I've been working on a new dynamic smart indentation routine. What this means is that as you code UnityScript Editor will automatically flow and tab the code for you. So there will be no way of getting:

if(test==1){
    code here;
    }

instead it will automatically format to:

if(test==1){
    [tab]code here;
    }

and it will work for any level of complexity.

The other feature that I haven't quite finished is a big improvement to the automatic bracket closing. I'm almost finished but there's a fair few tests I need to run though.

35. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Wow that sounds amazing! Take your time :). I should think about some new donation :oops:. Your support and development is fantastic!

36. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Please have the option to turn that off, it has always turned me away from an editor.

37. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

no probs killer, I don't use that feature in other editors either. It will be optional.

38. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Thank you so much.

39. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

excellent work on the editor, however i still have problems with the intelliprompt, in situations like

GameObject.Find("blahblah").

in unity develop you can get the properties of the gameobject class after that, but not in your editor, also some clases dont work well with the intelliprompt..

and example would be transform.rotation. and nothing, im expecting it to enlist the quaternion class members but nothing happens, but if you use quaternion directly does work,,

also, i would like to suggest a feature, a project pane, in unity develop theres a pane where the currents project scripts are listed, as your editor has multiple files editing posibilities with tabs, a project window listing all the projects files seems apropriate

once again great work

40. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

The intelliprompt at the moment only goes 2 levels deep, so gameObject.transform. will work but gameObject.transform.rotation. has no information available.

I will add additional parameters over time but it is time consuming.

41. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

@DodongoXP

But you can add add it by yourself as a workaround.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Tools\UniSciTE\definitions

and there add new definition-files for your functions like:

unityscript-eulerAngles.cfg
    unityscript-rotation.cfg

for transform.eulerAngles, transform.rotation. See unityscript-position.cfg for more details.

But you're right. UnityDevelop is better in this case but however UnityScript Editor is still in development and has great support.

42. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

That is indeed true.

But make sure you follow the structure perfectly otherwise weird things might happen :)

If you do add some yourself please let me know so I can add them to the distribution for everyone.

43. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I'll try to add some missing functions later this weekend and I'll send you an email with this files.

44. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

brilliant, thanks.

Please note with the definition files there are two types:

unityscript-KEYWORD.cfg
    unityscript-parameter-KEYWORD.cfg

The parameter one is for the tooltips that display when hovering over a keyword.

45. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I've added some missing methods like localRotation, localScale, localPosition, localToWorldMatrix[...]. I've used your unityscript-position as a base / only changed name because some of them based on Vector3, too. I've added new one if necessary like Matrix4x4 and Quaternion.

Can you please send me your email address where I can send this files?

I've didn't add unityscript-parameter files for now only some missing transform.x methods.

46. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Marvellous. Thanks for your help. I've pm'ed you details.

47. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

No problem. I've sent you an email :).

48. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.7.0 now available.

This was a biggy and required a lot of work to pull off but I'm very happy with the results:

1. Scripts are now automatically reformatted when a new line (enter/return) is created ensuring a consistent indent flow of your code (optional can be disabled from preferences)

2. Massive improvement to the automatically closing braces, and the addition of auto completion brackets (optional brackets and brace completion can be disabled independently)

3. Added a project files viewer to the left hand edge of the interface (activate by using the View Menu > Project Files), this allows you to quickly locate other scripts to edit.

4. Corrected intelliprompt icons and description tips; with the last bg update to the intelliprompt system there were a few omisions.

5. Added new definitions created by SirLancelot.

Phew. I've run through as many tests as I can think of to make sure everything is working smoothly but if you do find something let me know.

http://www.arsoftware.co.uk/products_unityscripteditor_download.php

49. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Wow that's a huge update!! THANKS! What's a bit annoying on this new update is the automatic refresh after pressing enter. If I write some code and have 4 or 5 lines before in my view port then it's only one or two when I press enter. Auto-format / auto-close works now like a charm but this scrolling to mouse cursor is not so great... Is there no way to store position in a variable or something to prevent this issue?

And intellipromt for GameObject.Find("") and GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("") would be great 'cause this seems not possible with *.cfg. Btw. GameObject.FindGameObjectsWithTag("test") <-- FindGameObjectsWithTag has no syntax-highlighting.

50. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I'm looking into the Find() etc bits, should be doable.

With the refreshing, do you mean if the editor was showing lines 10-20 after pressing enter its showing something different say 15-20?