Search Unity

UnityScript Editor 2.0.8

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by SolusHunter, May 3, 2010.

1. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

The next update will allow selected keywords to open the correct script reference search as well as just right clicking.

I've also added bracket completion for { .. } which was trickier than I expected :)

And I'm also in the process of adding the intelliprompt list for variable names which will be triggered after 2 characters have been typed, but it still needs a bit of work.

2. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thanks, that sounds good! You're really fast :). Haven't donated yet but after next update I will because good work must be supported :).

3. Ramen Sama

Ramen Sama

another little bug.

i noticed that if unity reports the error on say, line 12, but the actual error is on line 13, when you double click the error, it brings up the file and highlights line 12 with the red mark. after fixing line 13, the red mark remains.

Plus when double clicking on the error log, it seems like it scrolls the document to get to the line in question, but does not highlight the line.

I've also noted many crashes when i try and double click the error in unity. I'm not sure what information would be usable to help figure that out.

Code (csharp):
    2. Description:
    3.   Stopped working
    5. Problem signature:
    6.   Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
    7.   Problem Signature 01: uniscite.exe
    8.   Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    9.   Problem Signature 03: 4bf9064d
    10.   Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    11.   Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    12.   Problem Signature 06: 4a27471d
    13.   Problem Signature 07: 420f
    14.   Problem Signature 08: 51
    15.   Problem Signature 09: System.Runtime.Remoting.Remoting
    16.   OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    17.   Locale ID:    1033
    19. Read our privacy statement online:
    20.   [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409[/url]
    22. If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    23.   C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Debugging with visual studios provides this information.

Remote Exemption was unhandled
    Object '/C:_Program Files (x86)_Unity_Editor_Data_Tools_UniSciTE_UniSciTE.exe' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.

4. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Hmm, I haven't had any crashes yet myself. Can you tell me the error that you double clicked on in Unity that caused the crash?

Does the red error mark stay even after you've saved the corrected document (when Unity is reported the wrong line for the error)?

EDIT: I think I've worked out what may be causing a problem. If the path to a script contains a space in it USE is misinterpreting the error string and attempts to convert a string into a number by mistake.

5. Ramen Sama

Ramen Sama

yeah, the red mark remains.

Code (csharp):
    2. transform.localEulerAngles.x=0;
    4. /print(transform.localEulerAngles.y);

something like this causes unity to report the error at the first line of code. when you fix the 3rd line, the red mark remains even after unity says everything is fine.

6. Guru

Guru

Small suggestion....currently when you type out the function name, say for example function Start()..., a tool tip will pop up telling you about it. The only problem with it is it stays up obscuring what you are writing. It would be great if when you hit enter or even the opening { that you have the tool tip vanish. As it is right you now you have to click on the editor to get it to go away.

7. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Guru>the tooltip staying up issue has been fixed and will be rolled out with the next update.

Ramen>I can't do much about Unity passing the wrong error line but I have made substantial improvements in the way USE handles the error displays. When you correct an error and save the error marks are re-interpreted and update all the open documents accordingly.

The next update is coming along nicely and should be ready to go on Wednesday.

What's coming up:
    As you type an intelliprompt list will display available matching variables and keywords (optional, can be disabled).
    Error log improvements.
    Tooltip staying up after creating a function has been corrected.
    Double clicking error log entry will now highlight the line mentioned in the error correctly.
    Selected keyword can now be looked up in online guide, before it was only the right-clicked keyword.

There's a few more bits and pieces but I'll tell all when it's released ;)

8. Ramen Sama

Ramen Sama

Yeah, i know you can't do anything about the line being detected incorrectly. it was just the fact the red mark never goes away unless you close the document.

9. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Good news then :) That's fixed in the next update.

10. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

11. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thank you so much, looks good so far! Now if it has all that I want I'll send you some money for this great work.

Thanks again for this great features and fast development! Another great contribution to this community! I've deleted UnityDevelop and now using only your ScriptEditor.

12. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

There is some problem with auto-completion of defined variables. First it auto-completes words after pressing SPACE even if I don't select them. It should only auto-complete if I select a value in this list. Another (weird) similar thing is:

maybe I'll define a variable like dateMinutes and then I'll type / declare a similar like dateHours or something..

it first shows me a list with my other var (dateHour) and when I write then another word then this list goes empty and program crashes with some error with InvalidValue 0 in SelectedIndex.

I think it is because it searches for matching vars and found nothing because this var isn't declared yet and then it crashes because value returns zero. But only if it finds some var before.

13. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I've worked out what the problem is and I'm working to resolve it. In the meantime please switch of the as you type option.

14. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.5.2 is now ready. This update corrects the issue mentioned by SirLancelot whereby the As You Type intelliprompt listing automatically completes the first item in the list when the space was used.

I've also added the exclusion of the = as this would have also fired the automatic completion when you don't want it to.

http://www.arsoftware.co.uk/products_unityscripteditor_download.php

15. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thank you! It now works as it should :). No more error so far.. I hope it stays that way :D.

16. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

OK one small issue is still there... "Function List - Other Functions" still doesn't work. And "Help - About" shows 1.3.0 - needs to be updated :D. Error-Log doesn't update sometimes but can't reproduce that. But yeah it's not so important... 'cause anything else seems to be working fine.

17. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

When you say the Function List Other Functions doesn't work what do you mean?

I have noticed the error log not updating occasionally as well, I think it might down to Unity not letting go of the file.

EDIT: Ignore that, I see what you mean.

18. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I'll have that fixed for an update tomorrow, as well as updating the About version information :)

19. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Nice to hear that but I've found another bug :(. Not really a bug but a weird issue. If I open a script and go to some function, if(), ... and press ENTER on same line then it tries to close this function which was already closed... Can you add some check if there is a closing } already or is it to hard to implement? It's also not sooo important because it's easy to fix if I only press enter in line below.

And another issue... You've fixed that var thing in "=" but not in == which is necessary for functions like if(). Example: if (user=="Name") { is then if (useruserName").

20. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Ah, that's not the second = but the double quote that causing that.

No problem I'll add it to my list of things to do tomorrow.

I'll see what I can do about the automatic close issue, I might have to do a basic check to see if there is anything in the line below, otherwise I can see it getting very complex.

21. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.5.3 now available:

I've added a load of extra characters that are now ignored while an intelliprompt list is being displayed to prevent incorrect selections from being made, and a fair few other improvements to the process. If I've missed any let me know.

I've updated the version number on the About window :)

The other couple of things I will be looking into over the weekend:

Other Functions drop down not working properly
    Auto close brackets when it already is.

22. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Works now like a charm :). Thanks again for all your hard work that you have put into this ScriptEditor! Hope that there's no more bug right now. :D Another small issue for future-updates:

intelli-list only works after I've typed 2 letters but disappears with > 2 letters. So for example:

if I write:

tra[...] it doesn't show "transform".

23. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I set it to start showing options after 2 characters to avoid large listings, but I can add an option for that.

It shouldn't disappear after 2 characters. I tested it with a number of variable names of varying lengths. It will check exact case spelling.

It should only disappear when it has no more to show, you click elsewhere, or type one of the special characters ( ,:;~+=" etc)

24. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

It's okay to show it after typing 2 characters but problem is that this list disappears after typing another character so it's only there if there is more than one entry to show.

var go : GameObject;

go.tr <--- it shows me this list

go.tra <-- list disappears.

25. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Ah ok, it sounds like it's interfering with the normal intelliprompt lists. I'll check into over the weekend.

26. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I think so! Because other (var) list starts at about 3 characters, right?

2 characters = works
    3 characters = doesn't work because there is no variable with this name or something.

Other intelliprompt list for vars seems working fine.

27. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Version 1.6.0 now available.

I've completely re-written the way the intelliprompts work, this was important because the As you Type function was causing all sorts of issues and preventing the normal intelliprompt system from working correctly.

This new method should be a lot more robust than the previous.

I've also fixed the Other Functions drop down list.

I'm still working on the auto-close bracket improvements. Let me know if you find anything else.

28. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I can't open V 1.6.0 any more. :( Each time I try to start Windows 7 shows me an error like UnityEditor doesn't work any more.

* Search solution online and close program
    * Close program

Stopped working

CLR20r3
    uniscite.exe
    System.ArgumentException

:(

29. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Your right, whoops. I'll have that fixed in a jiffy. Bare with me.

30. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

31. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

That sounds bad. Hope you'll find the problem. :(

32. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

33. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Yeah it's working fine but now Function List throws an error (\). :oops:

34. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

And I checked that function just before creating the last installer. Let me take a look.

35. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Ok, It's all fixed, sorry about that. Please download and install again.

36. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

No problem! Works now like a charm! Thank you! But have you removed As you type intelliprompt for variables? Seems not working... And a bit annoying:

If I select a thing on this list with cursor keys I must press it twice before it selects the correct value.

37. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Nope as you type was revamped but should fire as soon as you start typing. Check to make sure the setting is still on. Its actually been rolled into the main intelliprompt so you should get variables and functions.

I'll be looking into the intelliprompt list cursor thing tomorrow.

38. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I only see build in functions but no variables :(.

39. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

That is odd, I've been testing that all day. What sort of variable declarations do you have set up?

My tests were like:

var speed:GameObject;
    s<- intelliprompt displays list including speed
    Cursor down - Enter

40. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Just run a quick check from within Unity, you're right it seems that it is loading variables that were already in the script but not new ones.

It's amazing that changing one little thing impacts on something unrelated.

41. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

I've tried your example and that's really weird. It shows me only things like ScaleMode but not the name of this variable.

Edit: Sorry saw your new post a bit late.

I agree. That really annoying.

42. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

I've found the problem and uploaded another installer. This will be my last one for today.

I have noticed a couple of minor abnormalities with the intelliprompt which I will attack tomorrow.

43. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Thanks it works so far and cursor-thing is working, too. :)

44. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

By the way. You should remove "Find and Replace" in menu 'cause this does nothing. "Find" does same thing. Maybe you should rename this. Only a cosmetic issue.

45. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

46. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

Some more or less annoying things:

* auto-closing { / auto-format needs to be redone completely because at the moment unityScript-Editor doesn't know which { is which function/statement. That causes different issues:

1. it adds } even if they are already there
    2. It lost tab/spaces/format in some cases where I've set an if-statement in a function and editor thinks that closing } is for function not for if-statement. It ends like this

example:

function test() {
    if (user=="Test) {

}<-- after pressing ENTER it lost tab/format.
    }

* Another thing is Function List does work but it adds too much useless empty lines. It should only add one empty line.

* And there is a miss-spelling in Physics.Raycast() <- intelliprompt only shows me "RayCase" instead of "RayCast". Syntax-Highlighting is correct.

* And last but not least... Auto-complete is also a bit annoying. It tries to complete entries after pressing space or delete. I mean when I declare a variable like this:

var myvar : Tr <-- and I delete this it auto-completes it to something on that list (T)railRenderer in this case.

Auto-Complete should only work if I select something in intelli-prompt and press enter/space. In all other cases this should be empty/off.

* Find/Replace doesn't work any more.

47. temo_koki

temo_koki

find and replace not working

48. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

The auto-close bracketing is a bit tricky, each { doesn't know where it's } is in the grand scheme of things. I've seen quite a few other editors for other languages that also attempt to re-close a function or if statement. I will work on it but it's going to take some time.

As for the other little bits, I'll take a look and post an update.

49. SirLancelot

SirLancelot

No problem take your time! Rome was not built in a day :). Would help you if I could but my knowledge of C# is too limited :(.

50. SolusHunter

SolusHunter

Ok, got a new update for you guys to try out.

Version 1.6.6:
    Fixed spelling error in Physics.Raycast
    Corrected the backspace key from triggering certain intelliprompts
    Fixed Find and Replace functionality
    Reduced lines created when adding a new function from the drop down list.