Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityScript 2 CSharp conversion tool

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by AdrianoVerona_Unity, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jasonoda

jasonoda

Thanks for the quick reply Adriano,

So to clarify what happens is on my small test project under "Tools" it says convert unity project, but when I open the big project it only says convert selected js to c#. So the option is not even there, it changes based on the size of the project.

Jason

2. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Something is really wrong; the converter does not even have an option to convert single files so I guess this menu option is coming from some other Editor extension.

The real question then is why the converter option is not showing up and for this your *editor.log* can help.

Adriano

3. jasonoda

jasonoda

Adriano,

My mistake. It seems I had installed some other converter years ago and forgot about it and then did not properly install the new one. Apologies!

Jason

4. jasonoda

jasonoda

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  5. feloque1

feloque1

When I import the UnityScript2CSharp_Conversion_1.0.6956.21054.unitypackage I get this error:

Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs(76,34): error CS0117: 'SceneManager' does not contain a definition for 'GetActiveScene'

Please any help?

6. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Which Unity version are you using?

7. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

@jasonoda

It looks like the converter is crashing when collecting comments...

After importing the converter you can try to change the integration code (https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...Sharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs#L284) and pass *SkipComments* argument line by changing it from:

Code (CSharp):
    1. return args;
    to

Code (CSharp):
    1. return args + " --SkipComments" ;
    Keep in mind that any comments from you original code will not be transferred to the C# code with this command line argument.

Let me know if you need any help to try it out.

Adriano

8. RenderFX

RenderFX

I'm trying to convert a complete project to C#, and am getting errors related to installed packages for TextMeshPro & OculusVR. In 2018.1, everything compiles and builds with no errors, and the built product works fine; however the c# converter tool is failing with these errors (edited for brevity):

Code (csharp):
    1. UnityScript2CSharp was not able to convert your project:.
    3. Converting 'Runtime' (187 scripts)
    4. Conversion aborted due to compilation errors:
    6. BCE0018: The name 'TMPro.TextMeshPro' does not denote a valid type ('not found'). Did you mean 'NUnit.Framework.Internal.TextMessageWriter'?
    7. BCE0018: The name 'OVRHapticsClip' does not denote a valid type ('not found').
    8. BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'OVRInput'
    I've tried removing & reimporting the packages, tried hinting the compiler with import statements in the JS files, but nothing appears to be working. Is there something I'm missing?

9. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, can you share the entire log? It would be better if you run the converter by capturing *verbose logging* (button *Convert (verbose logging)*) ?

Adriano

10. RenderFX

RenderFX

Hi Adriano,

I've attached the verbose mode log file.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Attached Files:

11. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

That is odd.

I don't see the reference to TextMeshPro being passed to the converter.

Which version of TextMeshPro are you using?
    Can you share the the core around line 15 from SceneUI.js ?

Also, can you share your complete editor log?

Best

Adriano

12. RenderFX

RenderFX

I'm using TextMeshPro 1.3.0 in Unity 2018.1.9f2.

Here are lines 14-16 of SceneUI.js:

Code (JavaScript):
    1.     var thumbnailTexture : Texture2D;
    2.     var text : TMPro.TextMeshPro;
    3.     var levelNumberText : TMPro.TextMeshPro;
    And, the full Editor.log is attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

AdrianoVerona_Unity likes this.
  13. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

I think I've found the issue. Can you do me a favor? After importing the converter package, open UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs and in method ComputeConverterCommandLineArguments() change the line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. .SelectMany(a => a.compiledAssemblyReferences)
    to

Code (CSharp):
    1. .SelectMany(a => a.allReferences)
    and try to convert again.

If it fails, please include Editor.log and the response file created (you can find the response file path in the editor log below the line --------- UnityScript2CSharp Arguments.

Adriano

RenderFX likes this.
  14. RenderFX

RenderFX

That was the issue! The conversion process completed with no errors, and the inspector values appear to be in-tact, which is an absolute lifesaver.

Thanks so much, Adriano.

15. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Great

Thank you for helping me to identify/fix the problem. I'll release a new version of the converter in the github repo.

Adriano

16. spakment

spakment

Hi, I'm attempting to convert the JS from the old Unity3.x Cars Tutorial. I'm running the latest release of the convertor tool v1.0.6991.18175 on Mac OSX 10.13.6 with Unity 2017.4.19f1.
    I'm getting an issue - editor log atatched ...
    ... NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ...
    ... at UnityScript2CSharpRunner.Convert () [0x00084] in /Volumes/sung/Documents/Unity/UnityTechnologies/CarTutorialV3.2017/Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs:97

issue, any ideas on how to resolve it?

thanks

Attached Files:

17. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

It looks like a problem when we try to find the list of assemblies to be referenced. I am downloading that tutorial now. I'll try it in a couple of hours.

Adriano

18. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

@spakment

Indeed it looks to be a bug in Untiy version 2017.4 which looks to be fixed in Unity 2018.1.

Would that version work for you?

Keep in mind that I commented out some code in the tutorial (because it was using obsolete APIs) and also after the conversion the there were some errors in the console (due to the folder *~AlternatePhysicsModel* containing types with the same names as the one in the UnityScript sources, so after the conversion we have duplicated types)

Adriano

19. spakment

spakment

Ah okay, thanks, I'll give 2018.1 a try, thanks. Update: yes it worked perfectly in 2018.1.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  20. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

21. eron82

eron82

I have a lot (19) of these errors after updating Unity 2017 to 2018 and comverting all js to c# with the unity tool:

`Photon.Pun.Demo.Asteroids.AsteroidsGameManager.OnMasterClientSwitched(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
    `Photon.Pun.Demo.Asteroids.PlayerOverviewPanel.OnPlayerLeftRoom(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
    `Photon.Pun.Demo.Cockpit.PlayerDetailsController.OnPlayerPropertiesUpdate(Player, ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

etc...

I tried to reinstall PUN but errors are still there.

22. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi. Can you share more details? Which exact versions are you using (Photon, Unity & converter) ?

Also, if you can run the converter in *verbose mode* and share your Editor.log it may help to identify the issue.

I guess the errors (in the demos) are on your code (i.e, they only happen in the photon demos).

Adriano

23. eron82

eron82

Unity 2018.1 or 2018.3 and last version of the converter. If i create a new project with the photon i have no error but when i import thise files in my project or i import my project into the new one i have those errors.

Where can i find the Editor.log?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  24. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

So you are using this version of the converter: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unityscript2csharp/releases/tag/v1.0.6998.28881, right?

What about photon?

Are you using the same version of Photon in both cases?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

If you can provide a repro case it would really help to figure out what is the problem. You can try to remove all of your code from the project (backup it before of course :) ) and leave only photon package and see if the problem reproduces; them you can zip and share the stripped down project.

If you want you can share your (full) project privately with me (adriano at unity3d dot com) also.

Adriano

25. eron82

eron82

Finally i have found the problem. There is a converted script named “Player”. If i change the name i have no error with Photon.

26. pasza89

pasza89

Hello,
    I've tried converting my project to C# (it's relatively large, about 12k UnityScript lines...) and I almost instantly I ran into an error message:

UnityScript2CSharp was not able to convert your project:.

I chose verbose logging, and here's my logfile:
    https://pastebin.com/17V9TMLr

I tried changing stuff mentioned above - args + Skipcomments, but it makes the script not run at all, nothing appears, and digging what might be causing it, but I really have no clue :(
    I am using 2018.1, but I tried 2017.3 as well with the same results. I am using the newest version of converter, downloaded from Github today.

27. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi.

How have you tried that? If you are trying to run the converter from the Editor I suggest you to find the source UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs (should be in the converter folder) and change lines 276 ~ 279 in method ComputeConverterCommandLineArguments() from

Code (CSharp):
    1. var args = "--responseFile " + Quote(responseFilePath)
    2.                     + " -p " + Quote(projectPath)
    3.                     + " -u " + Quote(unityInstallPath)
    4.                     + " --outputFile " + Quote(GetLogFileNameForProject());
    To

Code (CSharp):
    1. var args = "--responseFile " + Quote(responseFilePath)
    2.                     + " -p " + Quote(projectPath)
    3.                     + " -u " + Quote(unityInstallPath)
    4.                     + " --skipcomments -i " +
    5.                     + " --outputFile " + Quote(GetLogFileNameForProject());
    This should run the converter in a lenient mode in which it will try to continue even if some error happens.

If that still fails, please, post the log file indicated by the command line arg --outputFile.

Adriano

28. pasza89

pasza89

Hi,
    Thanks for a quick reply!
    It is still quite far from perfect - the process went through ("UnityScript2CSharp converter finished successfully"), but the result was changing all .js files into almost empty C# files, an example of 500+ lines long script after conversion:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. [System.Serializable]
    5. public partial class AI_State : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7. }
    All other scripts are exactly the same with different class names.

Here's a fresh Editor.log - https://pastebin.com/TicPDjHM

29. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Is your code wrapped in #if defs ? If so are those defined?

Can you copy the project remove all assets but one script that does not depend on any other script and try to convert to see if you get the same behavior? If you get the same behavior you can share this stripped down project (privately) with me so I can debug.

This would be the easiest way to figure out what is going on.

Adriano

30. pasza89

pasza89

I don't have any #if defs, the only "#" statement I use are the default #pragma strict

I ran a test today - I made a new project, placed all .JS files in there (and nothing else), saved it in Unity 2018.1 with 1 empty scene, and launched stand-alone converter. It failed twice, I reopened the project, saved it again, then tried in-editor converter, which also failed. I closed Unity, ran stand-alone version of the editor again... and it converted all scripts to C# successfully.

Today I don't have time for this unfortunately, but tomorrow I'll make a copy of full project and will try running stand-alone converter on it. Will update how it goes, thank you!

31. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Odd

No problem. Thank you very much.

Adriano

32. pasza89

pasza89

The conversion ran successfully, but after opening the project in Unity 2018.1.9 I've got 999+ errors now that are a pain to fix, as some elements didn't translate correctly. I am no C# expert, so my "solutions" are probably far from perfect. Some examples below.

Error message 1:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/AI_NPC.cs(440,67): error CS0119: Expression denotes a `type', where a `variable', `value' or `method group' was expected
    happened because:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. highlightedPanels[b].GetComponent(UnityEngine.UI.Image).enabled = false;
    was converted to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. this.highlightedPanels[b].GetComponent(UnityEngine.UI.Image).enabled = false;
    what fixed it was adding "using UnityEngine.UI;" on top, and changing the line to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ((Image) this.highlightedPanels[b].GetComponent(typeof(Image))).enabled = false;
    Error messages 2:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/AI_NPC.cs(614,59): error CS1061: Type `string[]' does not contain a definition for `length' and no extension method `length' of type `string[]' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    2. Assets/AI_NPC.cs(614,67): error CS1061: Type `object[]' does not contain a definition for `ToBuiltin' and no extension method `ToBuiltin' of type `object[]' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    happened because:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. tempAskArray = new Array(sr.length);
    was converted to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. this.tempAskArray = (AskList[]) new object[sr.length].ToBuiltin(typeof(AskList));
    Changing "length" to "Length" results in error message from 2nd line. Honestly no idea what caused it, but I guess something about dynamicly decided array length?

Error message 3:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Assets/CameraEffects.cs(61,92): error CS1612: Cannot modify a value type return value of `UnityEngine.Material.color'. Consider storing the value in a temporary variable
    Original line:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. initialFadeInBlock.GetComponent(Renderer).material.color.a = 1;
    got converted to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ((Renderer) this.initialFadeInBlock.GetComponent(typeof(Renderer))).material.color.a = 1;
    Error message 4:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/ChooseNextAppearance.cs(30,13): error CS0163: Control cannot fall through from one case label `case 0:' to another
    Original code:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1.     switch(appearanceType){
    2.         case "moustache":
    3.             if(previous){gameManagerObject.GetComponent(NewGameSystem).chosenMoustache = mo-1;}
    4.             else{gameManagerObject.GetComponent(NewGameSystem).chosenMoustache = mo+1;}
    5.             break;
    6.         case "hair":
    7.             if(previous){gameManagerObject.GetComponent(NewGameSystem).chosenHairstyle = ha-1;}
    8.             else{gameManagerObject.GetComponent(NewGameSystem).chosenHairstyle = ha+1;}
    9.             break;
    10.        (...)
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         switch (this.appearanceType)
    2.         {
    3.             case "moustache":
    4.                 if (this.previous)
    5.                 {
    6.                     ((NewGameSystem) this.gameManagerObject.GetComponent(typeof(NewGameSystem))).chosenMoustache = mo - 1;
    7.                 }
    8.                 else
    9.                 {
    10.                     ((NewGameSystem) this.gameManagerObject.GetComponent(typeof(NewGameSystem))).chosenMoustache = mo + 1;
    11.                 }
    12.             case "hair":
    13.                 if (this.previous)
    14.                 {
    15.                     ((NewGameSystem) this.gameManagerObject.GetComponent(typeof(NewGameSystem))).chosenHairstyle = ha - 1;
    16.                 }
    17.                 else
    18.                 {
    19.                     ((NewGameSystem) this.gameManagerObject.GetComponent(typeof(NewGameSystem))).chosenHairstyle = ha + 1;
    20.                 }
    Error message 5:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/GoldDisplay.cs(21,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `error' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Original code:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. GetComponent(UnityEngine.UI.Text).color.a = 0;
    got converted to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         GetComponent(UnityEngine.UI.Text).color.a = (error) 0;
    Error message 6:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/MenuGamepad.cs(104,13): error CS0103: The name `i' does not exist in the current context
    Because JS and C# have different ways of declarations of variables. I often declared it like:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. if(a){
    2.     var i : int = 0;
    3. }
    4. if(b){
    5.     i = 1;
    6. }
    and after conversion it's incorrect, as C# doesn't have it declared it in the next context.

Error message 7:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/Scripts/Backpack.cs(2753,13): error CS0019: Operator `==' cannot be applied to operands of type `object' and `int'
    Original code (var "selectedAction" gets later assigned an int value):
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. function SelectSpellActionButton(selectedAction){
    Converted to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public virtual void SelectSpellActionButton(object selectedAction)
    I am not sure if that one is even possible to fix, as C# needs type declaration instantly AFAIK.

Also, there were several errors regarding stuff like script CameraZoom.cs containing function CameraZoom(); - which is allowed in JS, but not allowed in C#. So the function and all references to that function in other scripts have to be renamed.

Yeah, that's like 99% of errors I had, but about 80% of those are vars not existing in given context.
    Not sure if it's worth it to correct it manually, I guess I will just stick to JS for this project. Still I find it very impressive that it converted my awful spaghetti code that well!

Thanks, and I hope that the list above will help someone some time - I know that might be a lot, and not many people are left using JS, so I do not expect those things to be fixed :)

Cheers!

33. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

I am sorry to hear the converter could not help you.

Some of those errors are kind of expected (for instance, the ones related to local variable scopes).
    Some of those I'd not expect (for instance the ones in which the converted code was missing a typeof() or the failures to detect automatic casting from int to bool.

If you decide to move on with the conversion I can investigate the issues I mentioned I'd expect to work (you just need to share a stripped down version of your project privately with me)

Thanks for your kindness

Adriano

34. violetrose2

violetrose2

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\project\unityscript2csharp\UnityScript2CSharp.Tests\bin\Debug>UnityScript2CSharp -p C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project -u C:\Users\rainb\Documents\project\unityscript2csharp\Build -r "C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assembly-CSharp.dll" "C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assembly-UnityScript.dll" -s UNITY_EDITOR
    Cannot find referenced assembly: Mario
    Cannot find referenced assembly: Unity
    Cannot find referenced assembly: Project

How I can type to find path with 3d assets?

35. violetrose2

violetrose2

I tried converted from tool menu in Unity 2019.1. Console said.

Converting 'Runtime' (18 scripts)
    Conversion aborted due to compilation errors:

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AiPatrol.js(13,9): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'RequireComponent': UnityEngine.RequireComponent, UnityEngine.RequireComponent.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AutoWayPoint.js(29,2): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'ContextMenu': UnityEngine.ContextMenu, UnityEngine.ContextMenu.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(35,9): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'RequireComponent': UnityEngine.RequireComponent, UnityEngine.RequireComponent.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(111,2): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'HideInInspector': UnityEngine.HideInInspector, UnityEngine.HideInInspector.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(113,2): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'HideInInspector': UnityEngine.HideInInspector, UnityEngine.HideInInspector.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(162,9): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'RequireComponent': UnityEngine.RequireComponent, UnityEngine.RequireComponent.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\EnemyController.js(27,2): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'HideInInspector': UnityEngine.HideInInspector, UnityEngine.HideInInspector.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\EnemyController.js(29,2): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'HideInInspector': UnityEngine.HideInInspector, UnityEngine.HideInInspector.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\SmoothFollow.js(23,9): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AddComponentMenu': UnityEngine.AddComponentMenu, UnityEngine.AddComponentMenu.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AiPatrol.js(22,32): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AiPatrol.js(32,42): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AiPatrol.js(39,27): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AiPatrol.js(50,19): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AiPatrol.js(56,25): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\AutoWayPoint.js(13,37): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CameraController.js(9,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Transform': UnityEngine.Transform, UnityEngine.Transform.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CameraController.js(11,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'LayerMask': UnityEngine.LayerMask, UnityEngine.LayerMask.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CameraController.js(31,18): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector2': UnityEngine.Vector2, UnityEngine.Vector2.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CameraController.js(40,25): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CameraController.js(52,24): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'RaycastHit': UnityEngine.RaycastHit, UnityEngine.RaycastHit.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CameraController.js(53,29): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(12,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(24,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AudioSource': UnityEngine.AudioSource, UnityEngine.AudioSource.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(25,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AudioSource': UnityEngine.AudioSource, UnityEngine.AudioSource.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(26,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AudioSource': UnityEngine.AudioSource, UnityEngine.AudioSource.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(27,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AudioSource': UnityEngine.AudioSource, UnityEngine.AudioSource.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(31,19): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Rigidbody': UnityEngine.Rigidbody, UnityEngine.Rigidbody.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionFoot.js(32,19): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionParticleEffect.js(11,14): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'GameObject': UnityEngine.GameObject, UnityEngine.GameObject.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\CollisionSoundEffect.js(11,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AudioClip': UnityEngine.AudioClip, UnityEngine.AudioClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderAttack.js(3,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderAttack.js(10,34): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderAttack1.js(3,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderAttack1.js(10,34): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(9,31): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Transform': UnityEngine.Transform, UnityEngine.Transform.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(24,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Animation': UnityEngine.Animation, UnityEngine.Animation.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(31,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(32,18): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(33,25): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(37,46): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Rigidbody': UnityEngine.Rigidbody, UnityEngine.Rigidbody.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(38,23): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Animation': UnityEngine.Animation, UnityEngine.Animation.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(44,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderGrab.js(52,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderHurt.js(12,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderHurt.js(20,35): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderPush.js(15,34): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerColliderPush.js(22,34): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Collider': UnityEngine.Collider, UnityEngine.Collider.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(14,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'SkinnedMeshRenderer': UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(15,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Camera': UnityEngine.Camera, UnityEngine.Camera.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(16,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'GameObject': UnityEngine.GameObject, UnityEngine.GameObject.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(17,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'GameObject': UnityEngine.GameObject, UnityEngine.GameObject.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(82,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'LayerMask': UnityEngine.LayerMask, UnityEngine.LayerMask.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(87,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(88,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(89,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(90,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(91,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(92,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(93,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(94,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(95,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(96,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(97,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(98,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(99,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(100,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(101,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(102,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(103,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(104,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(105,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(106,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(107,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'AnimationClip': UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEngine.AnimationClip.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(112,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'CharacterController': UnityEngine.CharacterController, UnityEngine.CharacterController.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(116,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(117,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(141,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(147,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(148,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'CollisionFlags': UnityEngine.CollisionFlags, UnityEngine.CollisionFlags.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(152,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(153,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Quaternion': UnityEngine.Quaternion, UnityEngine.Quaternion.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(155,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'GameObject': UnityEngine.GameObject, UnityEngine.GameObject.

C:\Users\rainb\Documents\3D Mario Unity Project\Assets\mario\Scripts\ControllerSystem.js(157,39): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'Vector3': UnityEng<message truncated>

36. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

HI

2019.1 is not supported. Try using 2018.1

If you get any errors in 2018.1 please send me your Editor.log

Best

37. Mccbbi

Mccbbi

Hi Adriano!
    I have exactly same problem as violetrose2 above. Ambiguous references are everywhere;(
    I run converter in 2018.1.9f2, but I have downgraded my project from 2018.2 for converter to work. Maybe this is a reason. Should I downgrade it to even earlier version of Unity? Maybe you could share any other ideas? Thanks!

My code example 1:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. #pragma strict
    3. @script ExecuteInEditMode()
    Error:
     Terraforming.js(3,9): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'ExecuteInEditMode': UnityEngine.ExecuteInEditMode, UnityEngine.ExecuteInEditMode.

My code example 2:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. #pragma strict
    3. import UnityEngine.SceneManagement;
    4. import UnityEngine.UI;
    5. import UnityEngine.Networking;
    7. static var EventSystem : UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem;
    9. static var script : base;
    10. static var google_scripts_obj : GameObject;
    Error:
    base.js(10,33): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'GameObject': UnityEngine.GameObject, UnityEngine.GameObject.

UPDATE: I have added my editor log in conversation

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  38. violetrose2

violetrose2

I used Unity 2018.1 then imported unityscript2csharp conversion tool but tool doesn't appear
    in the menu also i opened Unity 2019 then tool still appear in the menu. How do fixing import for Unity 2018.1?

39. Mccbbi

Mccbbi

I had this issue too several times when trying to downdrade my project from 2018.2. This usually means, that something not compiled, or got missing refferences or broken prefabs. Your project is not downdraged correctly. Try to remove Library and try again. And restart pc)

40. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi

I suspect that the set of assemblies being passed to the converter is not correct (for instance, UnityEngine.dll & UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll being passed).

In Editor.log, after running the converter you'll find a line like:

> C:\Users\foo\AppData\Local\Temp\Unity3D/UnityScript2CSharp\UnityScript2CSharp.exe --responseFile "SOME PATH" -p "PATH-TO-YOUR-PROJECT" -u "PATH-TO-UNITY" --outputFile "PATH-TO-A-LOG-FILE"

Can you send me the contents of the file passed with --responseFile command line arg?

Adriano

41. Mccbbi

Mccbbi

Here what we found:
    If I export whole project as package (Assets/Export package) and import this package into new project, then convertion works! Also (Im not sure if it matters) my newly created project was in PC platform mode when converting.
    I tried many other ways, rebuild, modified scripts, removed all plgins.. It seems like something in Project Settings of my project (which are not exported into package) causes problem to converter.

Thanks you, Adriano!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  42. lasco

lasco

Converter does not work for me :-(
    Though I especially downgraded to Unity 18.1.9f2 to use it.
    (Run on Mac OS 10.14.2)

Edit Log :

The version of Unity passed as the Unity Editor path is too old. Details: Could not find the module assembly folder.
    Consider running converter with '-i' option.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    UnityScript2CSharpRunner:ShowConversionResultsInConsole(Int32) (at Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs:236)
    UnityScript2CSharpRunner:RunConverter(String) (at Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs:215)
    UnityScript2CSharpRunner:Convert() (at Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs:97)

43. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Try to create a new project in 2018.1 and copy over your Assets folder (a process similar to what @Mccbbi suggested above).

Adriano

44. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Please share your Editor.log file when you get this error.

Adriano

45. lasco

lasco

I pasted above the whole text that appeared after my try of converter.
    Is it not enough ?

Edit log :

The version of Unity passed as the Unity Editor path is too old. Details: Could not find the module assembly folder.
    Consider running converter with '-i' option.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    UnityScript2CSharpRunner:ShowConversionResultsInConsole(Int32) (at Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs:236)
    UnityScript2CSharpRunner:RunConverter(String) (at Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs:215)
    UnityScript2CSharpRunner:Convert() (at Assets/UnityScript2CSharp/Editor/UnityScript2CSharpRunner.cs:97)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  46. lasco

lasco

Hello Adriano so I replied to your answer… any chance I get some feedback today ? Thanx so much

47. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, no. I want to look in Editor.log. There are lots of info that can help there.

Also, in the Editor.log file you'll find a line like:

> C:\Users\foo\AppData\Local\Temp\Unity3D/UnityScript2CSharp\UnityScript2CSharp.exe --responseFile "SOME PATH" -p "PATH-TO-YOUR-PROJECT" -u "PATH-TO-UNITY" --outputFile "PATH-TO-A-LOG-FILE"

Please, attach/send me both Edtitor.log and the file pointed to --outputFile.

Sorry, I'll not be able to promptly answer but I'll take a look as soon as I find some time.

Adriano

48. lasco

lasco

OK
    Here are the files

thanks

Attached Files:

49. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks, Nothing in the logs point to the problem.

can you run it with verbose logging and send me the logs again?

Adriano

50. lasco

lasco

Here there are

Attached Files: