Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug UnityProjectNotLinkedException: To use Unity's dashboard services, you need to link your Unity proje

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by spinaljack, Nov 26, 2023.

1. spinaljack

spinaljack

In builds I get the following error:

UnityProjectNotLinkedException: To use Unity's dashboard services, you need to link your Unity project to a project ID. To do this, go to Project Settings to select your organization, select your project and then link a project ID. You also need to make sure your organization has access to the required products. Visit https://dashboard.unity3d.com to sign up.

It works fine in the editor and cloud builds work fine but any local build I make is unable to connect to unity services.

Target platform: Windows 64bit
    Unity 2022.3.13f1
    All the latest packages for Services and Authentication etc.

I think this is a login timeout issue as I'm currently in China and it does work occasionally when the internet is behaving and also it works fine in the editor after refreshing the services page in project settings.

This issue could be solved if unity made the build login timeout a bit more lenient or retry a couple more times before silently giving up. I mean it should at least cancel the build right then instead of letting the build continue and then giving the above message when I try to run it.

I've googled the error message and tried all the suggestions including logging out and back in again and deleting the Library folder and reinstalling the editor.

Editor logs say this:

Project ID request failed, Reason: Cert verify failed. Certificate could not be verified (either omitted or unsupported). UnityTls error code: 7 (0).
    Unknown Unity Connect error (408). Please contact support at support@unity.com while processing request "https://core.cloud.unity.cn/api/projects/[projectId]", HTTP error code 0

I've contacted unity support about this and they sent me to Unity China support but their forums are in chinese and I can't read it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  2. yoan-unity

yoan-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @spinaljack,

We've recently worked on a similar problem and deployed a fix for it on all LTS versions.

Please let me know if the following fixes your problem.

If your project is linked in the Editor but you still get the UnityProjectNotLinkedException, try this:
    • Upgrade to your latest LTS version (for example, if you're on 2021.3, update to the latest 2021.3 version), OR
    • On the Unity Hub, click on the […] button associated with the project you're having trouble with, then click on the "Add command line argument" button and enter -skipMissingUPID
    Cheers!
    Yoan

3. spinaljack

spinaljack

downloaded 2022.3.14f1 and builds still fail to initialise unity services

4. dzamani-nvizzio

dzamani-nvizzio

Hey, @yoan-unity @joonarahko.

We have this issue on our project (Unity 2022.3.7f1) and I managed to make a build with the -skipMissingUPID then I tried without that argument and added the user to the project (instead of inheriting it from the Organization) which also worked (but had the benefit of being able to make the Service tab in project settings working as previously it would not see the linking nor the project in the project list).

Now it seems like it's a bug and we have a workaround, could you tell me how it will be fixed? (Unity update or package update?) With that information I would be able to revert the workaround once the fix is available. (If you also have an ETA that would be even better).

Thanks!

@spinaljack please try the 2 suggested solutions (try adding the user first as it's the most complete solution so far)

5. spinaljack

spinaljack

What do you mean adding the user?
    I've logged into the hub with my account which is the organisation admin account.

6. yoan-unity

yoan-unity

Unity Technologies

We are aware of a bug with permissions for project members (on the dashboard) that get their role inherited from the their organization for projects.

While I cannot share an ETA, the bug is being investigated.

The workaround (as you mentioned) is to:
    1. Go on the dashboard
    2. Select your project
    3. Go in the project members tab
    4. Add the user(s) manually

7. yoan-unity

yoan-unity

Unity Technologies

Just to confirm, the fix will land in 2021.3.33f1, 2022.3.15f1, 2023.2.2f1 and 2023.3.0a16

Has any of the two other workarounds worked for you?

8. spinaljack

spinaljack

-skipMissingUPID seems to work for me