Search Unity

UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dcarri2, Jun 7, 2019.

1. dcarri2

dcarri2

Hi there, I have been having an issue in VRChat ever since everyone in a world got crashed, but afterwards I could not play the game due to an Unity error.. I've done just about everything I think I can do(Verifying, reinstalling, reinstalling graphics drivers, restarting, clearing caches and temp files, turning off any sort of antivirus etc.) I have contacted VRChat support but even they seem a little stumped by this issue. Hoping to find someone here who might have the key. Oh, and I haven't ever used Citrix software. Below is the main part of the crash report, the attached file is the output log of the day it happened. Thank you.

VRChat [version: Unity 2017.4.15f1 (5d485b4897a7)]

UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0033:bb12d062.

Error occurred at 2019-06-06_224706.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VRChat\VRChat.exe, run by dcarr.
    70% memory in use.
    8128 MB physical memory [2415 MB free].
    16106 MB paging file [6048 MB free].
    134217728 MB user address space [134211941 MB free].
    Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Attached Files:

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

So you didn't make this software?

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling. You've got a lot of file access errors, which I don't know if are typical for this application, but could be part of the problem. A lot of warnings about missing scripts, but that could just be the developer is leaving their scene messy and aren't a real problem. Suspicious though. I'd never leave warnings like that in a shipped product.

The first error though is coming from OpenVR:
    Not a lot of info I can find on this error. Some comments on it indicate it could be caused by expected hardware not connected to the PC, but I can't really say. I have no experience working with OpenVR. There was a bug opened for this error with Unity, but it was closed as Won't Fix with no comment. Not sure what that means exactly.

Good luck!

3. tsibiski

tsibiski

So there looks to be permission issues. What happens if you run this bash command and retry?

Code (CSharp):
    1. chmod -R a+rwX C:\Users\dcarr\AppData\Local\Temp\VRChat
    If that does not fix the file access issues, what happens if you run Unity in the following way, and try all of this again?

Find the actual executable file inside the app directory and run this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. sudo /Applications/Unity.app/path/to/executable/file